[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Lol, that's the ugliest dashboard I have ever seen! :p Joking apart, you can put some background images to make it nicer..but anyway thats your choice :)

- Fuel estimated left in time (how much timeliest before fuel is empty)
    I think this is possible but tricky.....I would have to make some estimates. Will check..but not sure how accurate it will be

- 2 different kinds of clocks. I think that could be interesting to know what is the time on track. and what is the time in real life (I have my browser in fullscreen)
    that should be easy to add....but why on earth would you need this info?

- Brake temp and brake wear
    Cant you create a custom widget for these?

- A visual to know that the pit limiter is active
    I think the data should be there, will check

- Damage on the car
    those 3 damage images are not working?

- A way to share customer dashboard
    Yep, that has been suggested as noted and in the to-do list as posted in my main thread on Raceroom
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/r3e-web-dashboard-released.2317/

- I am not sure if that could be possible, but Pit menu control ? so someone on the computer could prepare the next pitstop for the driver on track ?
    Very interesting indeed. I'll have to check the rF2 API. This is not something easy but will investigate in the future as Im very busy at the moment

Cheers

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Well, I need it to be simple, without distraction.
    so black and white text is perfect for me : )

I guess for fuel that would be something like a average Fuel remaining/fuel use lasp x average lap time or something like that...
    I know that with trackman, the time remaining update everylap.

For the clocks, I need the info for endurance races. night day transition on track and the real clock, is just to know if its time to stop playing and go to bed. I find it interesting to have only one place to look with all the thing at the same place.

I saw brake temp, but not brake wear, maybe I should look again.

For the damage, I am not sure what you are talking about the 3 images, maybe I missed something

Take your time : )
    no rush, it is already really complete, so no problem.

Thanks again !

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ah ok, I will check the API and see whats available :)

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I think the formula for the estimated time left for fuel is more something like:

fuel remaining / Fuel used last lap x Last lap time in sec = estimated time left in sec / 60 = time left in minutes

(I guess that will work with average instead of last lap)

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK, thanks for the info :)

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe you could check, if data about engine health is available, too?

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Guess I could :)

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nice, thanks!

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi Biker

I did some test with a friend online yesterday.
    I have 2-3 bug report to do, a question and a feature request.

First the question: How does it handle the trackmap and how to add track ? sometime I had a track not found and later the tracks was now shown (but the car were slightly of the map, but that was OK)

Bug report:

- If you click on the trackman OR the live timing after coming back to the dash, none of the dash are working anymore. it still show "Streaming" but nothing show. the only way of reseting it is to stop and re-start the listener on the drivers.

- When I was connected to my friend via his EXTERNAL ip and he was connected to via his LOCAL IP, if I click on BUILD/EDIT dashboard, it give an error that that IP address is not working and to be sure that the ip is OK. The only thing, is that it show the LOCAL ip of my friend (192.168.x.x). But it is really is local ip of his computer. I need to go back, and re-enter his external ip to connect back after that.

My feature request is a keyboard bind to be able to "restart" the listener.. Because when on track, their is no time to ALT-TAB and click on stop/start listener. a bouton that dod it when their is a problem would be awesome I think. Always in case of a problem.

PS. by the way, the trackmap and the livetiming is a lot more precise than liveracer, so that is a really cool addition if it is possible to use both the timing/map and the dash.

Thanks again for this ��

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate,

This app for rF2 had never really kicked off as it did not get much interest from rF2 users. As a result I did not keep enhancing it for rF2 as I did not want to waste my time for nothing.

So, the track map has not been finished. It needs more work to be usable and a way for users to add tracks etc. It's not a small task and since the demand is very low I wont have time for it at the moment.

The live timing is quite heavy on data so I switch off all the other dashboards. But I think I had fixed this so that all works together, I'll check it out.

Hehe, ok, I never tested that External IP/Internal IP scenario....I'll check it out :)

Key binding to do stuff has already been requested many times before. I did the research already and know what needs to be done. I agree that a button to start it would be good. Problem is time, too bust at the moment, hopefully will be able to find some time soon.

The trackmap/livetiming stream data through web sockets as soon as it comes out from the rF2 API. So it should be quite real time. However note that since lots of data is generated this could be quite heavy if one has to stream it out other that his/her pc.

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it :) Unfortunately, its all about time, and at the moment I dont have much :( I'll try my best!

11. AceLain

AceLain Registered

No problem there, for now it is quit useful even if we don't have Livetiming and/or trackmap. The dash is what I really looked forward when I saw your post sometime ago.

I did not do any endurance race since, so I had not the chance to test it. But for me, that is something that I really missed in my old endurance race, where I had to ask to driver during his stint: How much fuel do you have left ? how are your tires ?
    Now we have all we need to at least know when he need to stop for pit

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Awesome! Please do test the fuel ones as there is some complex logic and calculations there and I did not have enough time to test them properly!

Thanks mate :)

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate, I have uploaded a new version with some of your requests, maybe you'd like to try them. You can download from here http://dash.proracing.club/

Request 1 - Fuel estimated left in time (how much timeliest before fuel is empty)
    As seen on my custom dash, you will find a new widget called "Estimated Fuel Left in Minutes". Please let me know if it works fine

Request 2 - Two different kinds of clocks. I think that could be interesting to know what is the time on track. and what is the time in real life (I have my browser in full screen)
    I could not find any info in the rFactor 2 plugin which sends the current time in-game. There is how many minutes passed or time left, but actual time no :(
    But I have added a Real Time clock as shown in image

Request 3 - Brake temp and brake wear. Cant you create a custom widget for these?
    Brake temperatures are there as seen in my image. Brake Wear I could not find in rF2 plugins api.

Request 4 - A visual to know that the pit limiter is active. I think the data should be there, will check
    I have added a button as seen in my image below, bottom right in red. It is Green when ON and Red when OFF. Please let me know if you think image sucks or not clear :) I can change it

Request 5 - Damage on the car
    There is not much in plugings api about the engine/gearbox etc health or damage :( There is something about engine heating up, parts detached from car..but not much more. So unless something gives me some
    direction on this, I cannot display any engine damage etc

[​IMG]

14. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Thanks for that update !

I tried it yesterday, I updated the listener, but I was not able to have any data on the web browser or even the overlay, and it was working before (I have been able to use it for 2 hours gathering data from my friend at his house and another 2 hours for me (locally) after the driver swap)

I did not investigate so much, I will try a complete re-install later when I have time and reported back.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Did you download and update the plugin as well as I added new properties to it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Ho no, just the listener !
    (The auto uldate feature when you laucn the app)
    Will do and post back result !

17. AceLain

AceLain Registered

ok, its working sorry :)

18. AceLain

AceLain Registered

The estimated fuel left in minutes does not seem to work on the web browser.
    It give me a 888 like if the widget doesnt receive any info.

I only tried it in practice.

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You're right...a file on the server seems to have been cached and was not using the latest version. I just did a test this morning and it seems to work nicely :) Fuel ended exactly as the time said. Note that the stats start working after a couple of laps (3 or so) as I need to gather some data first so that the calculations.

[​IMG]

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Working now, you are THE man

I have a request for a future update. is it possible for all the fuel widget to not reset to zero into the garage ?
    That is useful when you do some lap, go back to garage and now you want to know how much fuel to put for the races. Now it is back to zero.