[REL] rFactor 2 automated camera plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by HorCsa, Jul 23, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Speaking of replays, if there any chance down in the future RCD replays will involve more features such as HUD etc? I understand it's difficult to do at the moment, but this would be great for those wanting to record a race after they have finished the race.

2. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I never managed to do so but it is possible to change the UI shown in replays (hit the "enter" key). In theory, you just change it to a broadcast style and then switch it on when needed.

I've got a question of my own though: How would I go about streaming my race (driving myself) with this plugin and record the stream at the same time? Is this possible somehow?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have another client connected to the server with this plugin installed :)

4. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

Plugin is updated.
    Changelog and instructions (install.txt) on package.
    News:
    - Side by side detection on race. Camera change when more than 2 car side by side on the track.
    - Hotkey to on/off auto camera.
    - "Entering the pit" detection on race. (see showinpit parameter in install.txt)
    - Circling on formation lap and finished race (see walkthrough parameter in install.txt)

No auto replay functions it's difficult (must be remain enjoyable), but i'm working on it. :)

I updated the first comment on some answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
  5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That's a good idea, to change the replay UI to something more easier on the eye and broadcast like. May I ask where you went to be able to access to change the UI? I also noticed you made a post about this a while back while I was searching for this on google, so I think we are on the same page. :D

6. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I never managed to achieve anything. This is the thread where I'd asked:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ge-UI-in-replay-to-broadcast-style?highlight=

7. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

It's completely OFF in this thread ;) , but i think:

1. You need external program to read back result xml. Or need a live plugin which create more detailed text stream (log) the race, and read that.
    2. and results write to text files "real time" (orders, gaps, laps etc...). You can insert this text file xsplit, OBS or any stream program.
    3. You need move a driver name in replay ui left/right bottom. (Use dev mode for this). (You can this anything that you see in the replay window).
    4. You can insert static backround behind driver name (use text editor on ui.osc).
    You can find more help in http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/58-User-Interface-and-HUD-Modding section.
    5. Make your scene in OBS or xSplit.
    6. Start a external program replay and ingame replay in sync.

...so we did it the past with rF1.
    The end result is something like this: https://youtu.be/ohYcBdS5kGM?t=56m20s (live stream from replay, rF1, manual camera managing, xSplit).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That looks great, especially if it was availed for the VCR replay. May have a look into this. Thanks :)

9. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

Start dev mode and press crtl+D when you want. You can move/delete anything. I think so many variables available, but we can't their names if not on the screen. :(
    Driver name in rF1: Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_REPLAYCURRENTDRIVER"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thx for this great plug. Enjoy watching AI races now even more.....

11. babu76

babu76 Registered

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Excellent, thanks for the last batch of improvements.

13. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Cool this plugin, as i had not time to implement a complexe autocam in my TV Plugin.

Thanks to share

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have a question about the automatic onboard camera. When the camera movs to onboard can it automatically be the TV onboard cam rather than the driver perspective cam?

15. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

Now: Onboard camera type is 0 = TV cockpit camera. I'm doing changeable in the next version (in ini file).

16. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for clearing that up, looking forward to these updates. You've done a really good job so keep up the great work! :)

17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I ran an AI race yesterday and the plugin was great, but there are just a few things that would be great if implemented or changed.

- I noticed that when an overtake was about to be made, the camera would change to someone else. I could see the AI battling, but as soon as one AI moved ahead the screen would cut to someone else. I think there should be an extended time (if nothing else is happening on track) when a pass is made so we can have a few seconds to take in that pass.

- When the camera jumps to onboard, it would be great if he would automatically jump to the TV onboard cam. In an F1 mods case this would show the drivers helmet, as it is now it changes to a driver perspective. This is easy to live with however, by changing the 'home' button on the keyboard everything this happenes, however would be great if it would change to TV onboard automatically rather than driver perspective.

- Another thing I noticed and probably the most big one was that I missed out on all the incidents that occurred in the race. The race had seven retirements, yet I had no idea what happened to then. I believe having the camera cut to an incident (off track, collision, mechanical failure) would be a massive addition to your plugin.

- I know that this feature is already mentioned in your plugin, but for me I never saw a driver pull into the pits (drivers did make pit stops). Because in my case the drivers make 1 to 3 pit stops a race it becomes confusing when none are show he even driving towards the pit lane. Perhaps it wouldn't even need to be for every time, but the drivers at the front (top 10?) could be shown to make their pit stops so that the viewer can keep up.

Apart from those your plugin is fantastic and has a huge amount of potential, I appreciate your efforts because no one has managed to make a plugin for rfactor like this before, and I myself wouldn't know where to begin. I only hope this plugin continues with updates because it is really great, and I would donate to you if possible.

18. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

Sry guys. I was very busy last few weeks.

Released new version today. Changelog:

---2015.09.13---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - FIX: Incident mID detection
    - Register incident with Immovable or another car only.
    ---2015.09.12---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Incidents detection, and show in automatic replay:
    -- lowinc, highinc parameters (see install.txt for details)
    ---2015.09.04---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - FIX: Showinpit when pitin state 2 or 4 (entering or exiting)
    ---2015.08.18---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Rearview camera
    - Changeable rearview and onboard camera number (type) in ini file
    - camera test option in ini file
    - new showinpit option (top <number>)

Full changelog, and short instruction in the package. Link updated in first post.

Incident detection and replay not tested enought, but i think (hope) its working. Replay not working correctly in offline.

Bad news:
    I'm using mResultStrem for incident detections (i was not found other way to do this). ISI note for this: "// Note that only one plugin can use the stream (by enabling scoring updates) ... sorry if any clashes result."
    If you using another plugin (eg.: GRtvPlugin) wich use mResultStream, one of the plugins not working correctly...
    So... Autocam plugin working with GRtvPlugin, without incident deteciton. I have no idea how to solve this situation. :(

19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thx again! Köszenem!

20. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for your continued updates, you've clearly put a lot for work into this and we are very grateful for you being able to share this work with us! :D