[REL] Oran Park 2008 v0.73 10/2/16

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Nibiru, Jul 23, 2015.

1. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

Cheers Nib.... Happy New Year

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks Juergen that's a real bugger. It seems to be only the Camaro at this stage that has the problem. I just tested with these cars below and only the Camaro had the issue.

So I'm not really sure how to fix that?

BTCC all cars
    Blancpain
    CelicaGTO
    FVR V8
    Flat6
    ISI Camaro
    Howston
    Palatov
    V8SC14

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm...this is strange. But i found this issue e.g. with the new Formula ISI 2012, too. Maybe the distance between box exit and rails is to short? I saw annother small issue too, e.g. with the urd t5: there is something like a hidden bump or something else, direct in front of the box exits, where some cars, maybe depending on car heigth, lift up heavily....

View attachment 18915
    View attachment 18916

Please, don`t shot the messenger ;)

//Edit: maybe this issue with the invisible bump causes the other issue, too?

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks for being the messenger :)

Hmmm I will look into the invisible bump. The distance between the garage and rail is the same as it was in real life. Maybe I need to make a separate aiw path for some cars.

thanks for the feedback

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Just a wild guess... Check out track gdb Garagedepth setting. ;)

7. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Sounds possible.... what does it actually do? Mine is set at 1.5m I'll have a play increasing it tomorrow.

8. Corti

Corti Registered

thanks for your job.

Happy new year racers!!!

;) Corti.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I checked some other tracks, the value for garagedepth is really very different. I found values from 0.1 to 4.0...

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Garage depth should control how long a AI car keeps a straight line when leaving the garage but I've seen some strange behaviour with this in older builds. Maybe it's fixed now. Some cars leave the garage way to fast and have a bad understeer when they make the turn on the pit lane.

11. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm...sure? Both, Camaro GT3 and ISI Formula 2012 still crashing...tested with v0.61

//Edit: 0.5 seems to be working, maybe a little bit more, because the Formula touch the box with the rear tire

//Edit2: 1.1 seems to be fine, tested with Camaro and Formula ISI 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  13. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thanks for doing this track I to have a soft spot for it & was also at the very last race meeting held there I spent a lot of time there over the years ive watched nascar ozcar loved the trucks GoupA V8's club racing what ever was on I was there the venue was fantastic place to watch motor sport was great fun to drive too I have witness some monumental craches there Lukas Dumbrell & the Paul Morris Mark Larkum start line crash are a couple that spring to mind It was very sad to see it go like Amaroo it was a very important part of Australian motor sport history.
    Thankyou very much for doing an accurate version.

14. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I put the Camaro in dev and had a full grid and changed the garage depth until none of the cars hit. I did see the lifting you spoke about but only in garage 5 (still not sure what is causing that)

I didn't release a v0.5 so could that be v0.42 your talking about?

v1.1 is a complete different track (that was a conversion I did)

Thanks mrmat01

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

0.5 and 1.1 are values for garagedepth ;)

I got the experience, that in devMod some things are different to the sp or mp mode...

//Edit:

just to clarify, v0.61 was allready crashing with the Camaro and the Formula ISI 2012. With garagedepth=0.5 Camaro was fine, but Formula ISI have hit the box with the right rear tire. With garagedepth=1.1 everything is fine. Everything tested ingame, not DevMod.

Also tested: Nissan GTR, Stock Car, Clio, Megane, URD T5 and Flat6.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  16. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I getting strange results

Can you give me a link to your version that works?

It seems nothing changes for me. I have update files with 0.5, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.5. All work fine in Dev but as soon as I update main game nothing is different. Camaro crashes into railing.
    I tried making a full new version with 1.1 and Camaro crashes into the rail in game.

17. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Looks great Nib. Good work.

18. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

"Garagedepth" needs some trial-and-error experiment to make it work correctly with all car classes. For example different cars have different steering ration, so every car cannot turn in to pitlane with same radius.

Make sure that your garage positions (in AIW file) are placed same distance from garage front door. If that distance varies too much between garage spots, there is no way to get cars out properly from every garage positions when pitlane is narrow. AI goes straight the distance of GarageDepth setting, even if pitwall is right front of it.

Also make sure that your pitlane speed limit is not too high. AI tends to accelerate quite rapidly from garage and therefore they can have lots of understeer when turning to pitlane (and hit the pitwall because of that). Reasonable pitlane speed limit helps with that.

19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks Flash means more from you :)

BTW I enjoy you V8's here :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  20. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks heaps for that explanation JKA. I'll check the garage positions and make sure their the same distance from garage exit. I know their close but probably not perfect and a small amount will be enough to crash. It can't be Pit Speed as that's 50kph

Cheers

NiB