[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, because of the direction of the axes that's the way it comes out. I'm inclined to leave it as-is because then everything agrees, start reversing some and then others need reversing, etc. (I did reverse the wheel rotation channels, which actually [correctly] are rotating in the negative when you're travelling forward... but that's because wheel rotation is instinctively positive when moving forward. Longitudinal G forces are pushing you back when accelerating forward, so negative values do make sense)

But you can fix this yourself :)

Go to Tools -> Maths, click Add Scale/Offset on the right, select the G Force Long channel, and change the scale to -1.0. Now any log you open in that project will have that channel reversed.

2. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Lazza, if you can, please add differential parameters to be logged (power, coast and preload values).

3. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Gave the new version a first test yesterday. It is so great that you can log engine rpm as well as torque, so you can calculate the power of the engine which is helpful for BOP and analysing cars with turbocharged e.ngines

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Car setup details aren't really telemetry, and being static wouldn't make much sense to be logged as channels. However, I will in the future set up support for setup sheets, which will allow you to view and reference (in graphs, and calculations) these sorts of values. For now if you need to know what you had those set to for a logged session you can use the Save Setup File option and refer to the setup file of the same name as your log.

I agree on it being useful, but engine torque has been available in rF2 for quite a long time :D

5. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Then I never noticed it :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated for the new build.

Note that if you have a previous version installed in rF2, you'll need to run the new DAMPlugin Handler program, select the game folder in the DAMPlugin Handler, Uninstall, then Install.

Changes:
    • Fix: Brake Pressure channels now scaled correctly 0-100% (ISI says these will be actual pressures at some point, then I'll have to fix them again...)
    • Tweaks: Adjusted a number of minor channel properties and ranges, still got a few more to go.
    • Breaking change: GPS now based at 45° latitude. This will make previous logged GPS data incompatible with new data (separated by around 5000km). This should avoid the need to turn off Corrected GPS.

V0.72 (build 1008) link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yycr1cy64mgbws3/rF2_DAMPlugin_Handler_v0_72.zip?dl=0

V0.71 (build 998) link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkb6odda030fy1r/rF2_DAMPlugin_Handler_v0_71.zip?dl=0

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Lazza for the quick fix!

Great job, checked it works fine.

Cheers.

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Lazza :) !

9. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Thanks for updating to v72! I was eagerly awaiting it. ;)

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for this, Lazza.

I have a weird problem though.
    I can see the data is out of sync with the car's position on the track position map on certain tracks.
    In this case, Croft.

In the tight corners I can see full throttle and centered steering wheel for example.
    It's like there's a delay. I wonder what could be the cause of this?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Track position map? If you don't mean GPS, the track map is I think auto generated from your fastest timed lap the first time you load up a log for a particular track (name), you can generate it again later from the logged lap of your choice. After that Motec works things out based on travelled distance, so if your first (logged) timed lap wasn't representative of a normal racing line you can end up with an apparent offset in track 'position' (length along the track). This is indicative of Motec being a real life tool that isn't built to take advantage of unrealistically accurate info you can get from a game (like car position).

For track position stuff I would rely on GPS maps.

If you did mean GPS, PM me a link to your log file please :p

12. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Could this be why the first lap often does not create a closed track map and appropriate corners? I usually have to track regenerate a map to get a closed track and appropriately indexed corners.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I think if the first log you open for a track doesn't have a completed lap in it, it'll just assume that's the whole lap. In the past I've found that even with complete initial laps, I need to regenerate the track later when I've adjusted my driving lines a bit to retain a better match.

Logically the way it works makes sense without x-y position available, but stretching/compressing the entire lap data can definitely lead to inaccuracy. Taking some shorter or longer lines in one part of the track will change its proportion of the total, leading to the opposite stretch/compression in other parts, relative to the reference lap the map is based on.

I've only had a quick look but I think you can't make the built in map use GPS. It's a fairly recent addition to i2pro so maybe at some point that support will happen. Hopefully I'm wrong and it can already do it...

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks Lazza.

What I mean is the little map here (ignore the steering lol, I just quickly loaded the default "circuit" workspace):

View attachment 18137

As you can see, I'm on a straight and the data should therefore show 100 percent throttle at this point.
    Yet it's sort of lacking behind where I am on the map, if you know what I mean.

So what you suggest, if I understand correctly, is that I choose a representative hot lap (not an out lap where I exit the pits) and then generate the map again?
    The car position on the map gets messed up because MoTec generated the map off of an out lap out of the pits?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, that's the map, and yeah, that's the theory... but right now I'm finding it doesn't work very well lol

For whatever reason using GPS to generate the track doesn't make logged data match it very well - this could be something to do with the corrected speed, and it looks like lap distance isn't configured correctly. I'll have to look into that.

I'm getting better results by going into the Tools -> Track Editor (for anyone not sure where it is), Generate Track, and for a good clean lap selecting Lateral G and Speed instead of GPS. Then the dot moves around the track better (no overlap at the end) and without zooming in looks like a pretty good match for the GPS map. So try that.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@Hexagramme

I suggest you add a speed graph under the graph of the data you want to analize.
    By doing so you will be able to correct any error of the track map with a little common sense.

Cheers.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Awesome, both of you. I have some stuff to try out now.
    Thanks!

18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I cannot get this to install. I just get an exe(no ini) when downloading and extracting it, and running the exe - even if I place it in the rFactor 2 folder.

I get a message saying something like "Could not install, please read carefully next time", which still gives me no idea what I'm doing wrong as I've tried everything in the OP to no avail.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You should read carefully what is written on screen and weight carefully what options you check.

Cheers.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What he said :)

Sometimes error messages just need to be taken literally.