Perfect SLI Scaling w/ rFactor 2 - Great Job ISI!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah Spa is a poorly modded track which is 0% optimized for gMotor, about the worst there can be. 100 FPS is impressive.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The point is, fps was only 60 with a single card and SLI gave a large boost therefore SLI is finally working very good even while simultaneously using full reflections, HDR, and multiview.

Not only that but it's nighttime + rain + maxed out settings. Set daytime + no rain + a couple settings lowered just a touch and you'll have another massive boost in frames probably close to 200 or over.

Keep one more thing in mind. I'm still running my GPU, CPU, and RAM @ quite slow default settings for these tests.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

With regards to test #4 here, all I did was turn down AF from 16x to 8x, shadows from full to high, and shadow blur from quality to fast and I got an increase in framerates from 106 fps to 128 fps. :)

Again, that's at night time + rain + slow default speeds for my GPU, RAM, and CPU (specs updated at top of OP).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  5. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

well done spin, it worked for me too.
    Does inspector change the settings for good even if I delete it?

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks, glad to hear it worked.

I think Inspector changes something in the Nvidia files or whatever therefore it can be deleted but don't quote me on that. You definitely don't need it running in the background. Inspector does not even have to be installed, it's just a few very small files in a folder wherever you want.

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Nvidia Inspector "Inspects" Nvidia settings and then allows you to modify them. Them being game profiles and global profiles. if you uninstall it, the settings it changed will remain. However, as Spinelli said, it's tiny and well worth the space to keep it. it will do a ton of stuff. Identifies and describes your card(s), clocks and shows specs for card(s), observes cpu/gpu/memory usage, and overclocks videocard(s)... The only thing it won't do, yet... Is flash your videocard bios.

8. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Cheers for the info, I'm guessing if you update gpu driver you have to inspect it again?
    I was online last night on f3 fanatics, I was hitting 190fps at points on full settings apart from aa was level 1 at 3440 x1440 res! Niccce boost

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, everything gets reset when your reinstall drivers. If you don't check "perform clean install" during the driver install then it may keep your game profiles but I'm not sure, I always make sure to do as thorough a job as possible with my driver install and uninstall (w/ DDU).

10. spizone

spizone Registered

Changing from the default Bits to the Lego one also gave me a major boost.
    Before all settings high, shadows optimal, road and env reflections off.
    Now everything max and major difference :)
    Circuits like Palm Beach was completely unplayable, now not only playable, but also with a grid of 20.....

I should mention i capp my frames to 60 as i play on a tv, but to me its all about smoothness and this is what i got :)

CPU - 2700k
    GPU - GTX690

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Awesome, keep em coming!

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I believe the 670 is very close to the 760

14. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

For those interested, my upgrade to Windows 10 was seamless.
    rF2 runs fine on my system, and the 0x02D04005 SLI compatibility bits still have the same results with the new 353.62 windows 10 64bit nVidia drivers.

15. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Unfortunately, I'm not having the same experience. Worked well on 7, crap on 10.

16. MacaRonny

MacaRonny Registered

Same here, half the SLI scaling at the moment with GTX 760 in SLI, all other games runs fine(project cars,Assetto corsa).
    Must be a driver problem cause I had no problems with the 353.30 driver for windows 10.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So the SLI scaling in RF2 with Windows 10 using the Lego SLI bits worked good until you moved to driver v353.30?

18. MacaRonny

MacaRonny Registered

The lego SLI bits worked perfect for me on driver 353.30, now with the 353.62 driver i have half of the SLI scaling...

19. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes me too. I've upgraded to W10 and installed the latest Nvidia drivers and experiencing poor fps compared to 353.30 no matter what Sli bits I use. Not sure if it is due to the W10 upgrade or the new drivers. Not sure I am prepared to do a fresh install of W10 right now to see if it is upgraded related.

20. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Told you not to update...