rFactor 2 multiplayer vs Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam C, Jul 12, 2015.

1. unknwn

unknwn Registered

The dislikes appear to be intended and expected. The only question which "side" of fanboys will like/dislike the article. Some time ago the main topic was pCars, then GSCE for short time and now AC, all these just keep rotating. Either way happy and unhappy sides start arguing in the comment section. The more controversial and more "negative" article is the more people continue visit the website to "fight" in the comment section which means more clicks - a success for the author. In short it's a click bait website with nothing more than a toxic waste from sim racing genre.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup. I have read that page a handful of times and on occasion there's a good article but it's usually a "click-bait" with some short-sightedness present. I agree with your last few posts 100%.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

My screen is made with steam ver. of rFactor2, no need to steam server list.
    I know that rFactor 2 is you favorite sim and it is my too. I have read lot of your replays and threads, not only in ISI forums. Please use common sense and better judgment. Stop pretending all is fine when it is not.
    Time is 21.00 CET sunday evning. All ISI servers are empty.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Steam users are not shown in rF2 matchmaker, I repeat. It's not about your version, It's about server version. If server version is non-steam, Steam users conected to that server are not shown.

Meanwhile, AC show full servers just because there are fixed cars for leagues, server I raced allways shown 26 cars while It was actually empty.

5. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

The in-game server list shows different numbers than the out of game Steam server list in the Steam client. So you need to use the Steam server list too if you want to see the full picture.

They were populated at the time I posted my screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Before I did post my last post I joined every ISI server and there was 0 players. Steam ver.of rFactor2 MP shows you right number players only non steam does not.
    I don`t need full picture I race online very day today also I know 100% how rFactor2 MP is.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

That's because you joined too late.

You're majorly misinformed.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You've quite clearly demonstrated that that's not exactly the case.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Are you trying to tell me that when I join ISI servers and there is nobody logged (0 players) that server that I don`t see other players or that steam ver.of rFactor2 don`t show all players in MP lobby?

10. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I am just going to be brief and say I think Associator and Hexagramme have things very much the wrong way around here. And if that is the case then it's just plain funny that the same said people are saying things like 'You're majorly misinformed.' and 'You've quite clearly demonstrated that that's not exactly the case.'. What you guys are effectively doing is stopping any sensible discussion from actually happening because what your saying is so fictional/grossly misleading it is literally unbelievable you cannot really have a sensible discussion with someone who lives on a different planet. It's stupid what is the point? Backing up each other fiction like this, to make it look like 2 guys know better than 1? Who knows, all I know is I think on this occasion anyway 1 guy knows better than 2.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

MP lobby only is the issue. It has to do with which dedicated server version the server in question runs on. If the server uses the standard rF2 dedi, then Steam players' count won't be included, neither for the Steam or standard user.

12. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Everything has already been explained multiple times by people more knowledgeable than you. No need to make a circus.

There are at least 2 other people in this thread backing up our claims multiple times, making a total of 4.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Assetto-Corsa?p=404571&viewfull=1#post404571
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Assetto-Corsa?p=404607&viewfull=1#post404607

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Hmm, I thought this is only when non steam user and not Steam and standard user. Thx for the info.
    Maybe ISI could use LiveRacers as temporary fix. http://isiofficial.liveracers.info/Live and put link to webpage or forums.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Servers through Steam are very empty and few. "If I close my eyes and pretend I don't see it, then the issue isn't there."

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You have bad habit to edit and use half sentences.
    This is what I wrote:
    "I don`t need full picture I race online every day today also I know 100% how rFactor 2 MP is"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  16. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Associator, your an asshole, **** stirrer and a liar. You should go into politics mate. I am not wasting my time talking to idiots like you.

This forum is ****ing hopeless, I think I am done here.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

50% of the reason why the server is empty coz we all talking here.

another 50% is because all looking at empty grid and wonder why its empty. It is because everyone is waiting for someone to get on the grid. And everyone is waiting....end up no one doing it and the grid is empty.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The reason for the empty servers is because the AI are TOO good, ISI defeated by their own doing ;) #MeantInJestOfCourse

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

They can be good. But it lacks the between rounds and after-race emo wars haha...

i can tbone them without feeling guilty.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Add people who you don't want to waste time on to your ignore list. By replying and wasting time with them, you're wasting time on them. You're also making yourself look worse than you probably intend to.