rFactor 2 multiplayer vs Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam C, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it`s not important, but there was a poll about the rf2 drivers age. If i remind right, the most driver where above 40, a lot of above 50. Just talking about me, i`m above 50 and my daily freetime starts rarely before 9 pm. Most people are busy with their job (on saturday/weekend, too...) and/or with their families...

2. boxer

boxer Registered

Agree 100% with you that rF2 doesn't have a high count of players but the fact is unless you keep on paying for every single DLC neither does AC doesn't mater how you try to slice it. (AC Multiplayer is now 4 separate games not 1)... and the price of admission keeps on going up if you want access to the full list. The other thing is you don't need 22 players to have an intense race experience online.

Getting back to the original topic.

I get home and load AC and see 100's rooms with series I enjoy and at the same time I load rF2 and see ONE single room with a series I enjoy... which will I join? Since for me rF2 is by far the more rewarding driving experience there is only once choice.
    Only if I can't find a room will I look into PCars/AC or GSCE.

3. unknwn

unknwn Registered

As shown before, despite AC user base fragmentation caused by DLCs you can still can find a few (~2-3) "legacy" (non-dlc) populated servers (no booking) to race in, that's not much but still higher amount than in rF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
  4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Exactly what I pointed out here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Assetto-Corsa?p=403960&viewfull=1#post403960
    Indeed, which should get fixed. Right now they show in the Steam server list only.

Also the racing that's there is of much higher quality in rF2.

5. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Quality doesn't matter much if there are no races going on in the first place. You can find "quality" league races in other sims as well and it's not necessary called "rFactor 2".

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yes, rF2 is way better for league racing for now. I tried AC and I tried everything to like it and give it a try, but I'm back on rF2 with even more motivation.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

But there are online races going on in rF2. Plenty of players online now.
    This topic isn't about those other sims.

8. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Read the title "rFactor 2 multiplayer vs Assetto Corsa". AC is other than rFactor2 sim.

Not quite much. Either locked, runs paid EGT mod, other version or player count is merely 5 users which I wouldn't call a "race".
    http://i.imgur.com/njGJaew.jpg

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Read what was said above http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Assetto-Corsa?p=404525&viewfull=1#post404525

Now you're spreading disinformation, since we already told you that the in-game matchmaker doesn't show the Steam users yet, which you have to add up. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Assetto-Corsa?p=404522&viewfull=1#post404522

SteamServer.jpg

Therefore rF2's online numbers are relatively pretty good and will keep growing for a long time to come.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Really, I am online every day and there is hardly ever many players online. Most of the time there is round 50-150 where most of the players are in password protected servers. ISI servers are most of the time empty.
    You must have your own multiplayer mate and in reality it is you who are spreading misinformation about state of rFactor2 MP.

Screen shot 19.00 CET
    View attachment 18810

12. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Are suggesting that one should have two separate rF2 versions (steam+standalone) just to see additional 2 servers that have 10+ players per server? That is much worse situation than fragmentation by DLCs in AC.

Interesting how you come to conclusion "relatively good", which is nothing more than opinion.
    Even adding steam numbers, the amount of populated servers that accessible for all at best is comparable to AC servers running "legacy" non-dlc content, which proves that situation in rF2 MP is not even close to "pretty good" at this stage.

Adding AC servers that run DLC content gives a few times higher amount of populated and accessible servers than what you can get with rF2 standalone + steam server listing.

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

;)

15. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

You're spreading misinformation since you're ignoring the Steam server list.

Both versions are compatible, it's just that the in-game matchmaker shows different numbers from the out of game Steam server list at the moment.

Considering the amount of total users that rF2 has compared to AC, it's relatively good yes.

16. unknwn

unknwn Registered

When ISI combines Steam + standalone server listing then you can talk about "misinformation". Either way currently even Steam servers doesn't help much in terms of MP players.

17. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

That article is factual.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Interesting in a "how can I write so much drivel week in week out and still get people to listen to the bull**** I say" kinda way? that site and that writer/s are beyond comprehension, let them be in their own little universe hating the Sims whilst we carry on and enjoy them I say!

19. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Everything in that site is exaggeration and selective word picking written to impose personal agenda by author who cannot produce non-biased constructive writing. I suspect his intention is amount of clicks which he is desperately trying to keep up by producing controversial and "fight mongering" biased articles. However huge amount of fanboys who get easily quick baited allows him to perform.
    In addition to that it is filled with rF2 autistic shill personas under different nicknames often regarded as Asso.. and hex.. by commenters.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If that website suits and argument, it's valid. If it mentions something that is disliked, it's garbage.