rFactor 2 multiplayer vs Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam C, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Skan

Skan Registered

The picture is showing that if You only judge by what You first see (the leaves in the pic or the graphics of a game), You will not know what is going on under the surface. To put it simpler... one pic shows very little eye candy but it is a robust carrot. The other pic shows what some would think a robust carrot would look like based on the eye candy of the leaves but in reality there is not much to it.

2. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

But there are not enough carrots on the plate for dinner with RF2 whichever way you look at it. RF2 needs player count to grow.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I rather lap with 2 drivers then some ridiculously stupid ai

v1.4 is still terrible compared to this...........

Oh but hey !!!

"They" all told me rFactor2 was a never ending beta !!! ...... and that AC and pCars were " finished " a year ago..................... !!! ???

oh dear .......... ??? ;)

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Durge you spout off something crazy at almost everything that ever gets said. I don't know what your talking about and even if I did I would like the MP to offer more than opportunity to lap with 2 drivers one day.

Although I do realise it seems to be the whole simracing genre that seems to be flat not just RF2.

Iracing is fully centralised with a lot of player and still there is not as many organised races as you might imagine, so challenge for rf2 is big. I think a good thing for rf2 would be to develop some kind of distributed iracing style matchmaker system, when I say distributed I mean anybody could run it on their server if they wanted and it would all feed one distributed system, accessible either from a website or a modified rf2 lobby, or both. It would a be a large project with many things to consider that's for sure. Either by community or ISI or some collaboration thereof.

You always fly off the handle Durge, but what you mention is that a racing simulator or track day simulator? I don't think it is redic to suggest the multiplayer could be better. I think more races happening on rf2 cannot be a bid thing. As it happens, I would say the primary reason online players leave the sim is because they get a bit bored lapping with 2 drivers after a while.

5. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Don't get me wrong Durge I am not saying there is anything wrong with lapping with 2 drivers! I do it all the time. I just make a simple point that is all.

6. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Straw men dear boy? No, I think you'll see that I say it's not cheap. The key word is not. And I don't think many people here are complaining about the price of RF2. The complete lack of an online population? Absolutely. The fiddling required to get it right? Absolutely. The price? Not so much.

7. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

In my mind that is just bull ****. You can have really enjoyable online races in AC, and that is without belonging to a simracing group.

If RF2 online races are like that, why there isnt that many random people racing in random servers?

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Fail, it is just fun, nothing else :p

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

People are too busy making themselves feel better about whatever game they bought, instead of trying to give a go and drive cars they'd not think much at first. You always get dozens of people in the small, FWD and slow cars because many like how slow and easy to drive those things are.

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I only made the pic for a bit of Xmas fun on my fb page and its gone viral with 11000 views lol

11. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

blah blah blah

You are the ones told me AC was finished 2 years ago, it is pitiful physics and Ai

I don't give a toss what you think about me pal.

That is all you can do you lot ...........personal attack.

Simply because I do not like a sim you like.

I do not get bored with 2 drivers ................I help them if needed.....

Again if you get bored with 2 cars, I could not care less ! ?

:confused:

P.S.

3 years ago LOTS and LOTS of people said rF2 was too dear, they still do !

I explained 3 years ago AC and pCars would both be as dear or dearer with DLC ............

People jumped on me about that too.......... I was right and got insulted for it.

13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I don't know, I think your linking a whole lot of stuff to me in a pretty random fashion.

I have never said anything about AC on this forum or elsewhere, I have never played AC, I never will, I don't care about it in the slightest. That's one fact, another appears your are simply totally incorrect.

You did this before I never even said nothing that time. You flew off handle attacking some nothing post of mine in your usual way, it was utter BS every word that time too.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

hardtohandle is either rf2 or nothing, no joke. He doesn't want to see the game fail. I tried swaying him with tempting cars in rF2 and GSCE, he wouldn't join in rf2 races because of local build bugs, and wouldn't join in GSCE (or any other game) because it wasn't rF2.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

rFactor2 is deffinetly worth having in your collection with AC, even if just for driving alone. You will learn more by using both platforms (AC and rF2) than merely using one over the other.
    rF2 AI is superb, and will teach you about racing against humans. What AC lacks in features, rF2 will bring to you in form of rain (read; advanced car control), formation lap, AI pitstop (needs improvements concerning to be able to set forced pitstops ingame) etc...
    What comes to online racing. You have a bigger chance of getting a pickup race in AC than rF2, but what comes to leagues, there is not much difference besides content and those forementioned tools for league admins.

It is a small investment for one of the top 3 sims on the market.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Its the intergalactic conspiracy against DD, this was set up years ago and apparently a great success.
    If he attacks you, he doesn't mean you personally, but simply everyone that is currently alive.

17. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Just to put it out there, Steam lets you see the number of players on each game. Right now the numbers are:
    AC 2127 In-Game 7670 Online
    rF2 167 In-Game 506 Online
    iRacing 426 In-Game 1525 Online

Clearly rF2 is lagging behind. In my opinion what needs to be done is to create a more streamlined, user friendly multiplayer interface, which gives more details about which mods a server is running and the settings it's using e.g. which car, current session, time remaining etc. There also needs to be some EU based public pickup racing servers using a good quick race format and official content in order to entice the rookie players. I'd suggest a format of running 20-30min quali and 15mins races using a nice easy car like the Megane and cycling 3 or 4 official tracks. That format worked great a couple of years ago because there was always a few players in the server and you knew you could join and have a worthwhile race against many opponents within an hour, nowadays I log on and see a couple of servers with maybe 6 players using some strange third party car or track and it isn't worth the hassle to join.

18. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Most rF2 users aren't on Steam.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Nonsense, in fact I have almost never seen high numbers like this rF2 167 In-Game 506 Online when we talk about and how popular rF2 is. Common numbers Online (MP) are around 4-200 in 24-hour circle.