Engine parameter in HDV file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Jun 26, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hi does anyone have any information of the engine parameter in the cars HDV file.

[ENGINE]
    Normal=FISIR2012_Engine
    RestrictorPlate=FISIR2012_Engine
    GeneralTorqueMult*=0.963
    GeneralPowerMult*=0.962
    GeneralEngineBrakeMult*=1.000

I am testing it out at the moment. If however someone has a better idea it might save me the continuous trial and error, which I would appreciate. For example how much would I have to increase these values to gain a tenth?

I made these changes to one of my AI drivers HDV file, and my result was that he was 53 seconds off the pace in qualifying.

[ENGINE]
    Normal=FISIR2012_Engine
    RestrictorPlate=FISIR2012_Engine
    GeneralTorqueMult*=0.263
    GeneralPowerMult*=0.262
    GeneralEngineBrakeMult*=0.200

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have exact equations, and been a while so can't even remember what the simpler one is. But I've had good results with (small) equal changes, so for example 0.995 for both the Torque and Power to reduce overall engine power a little, or 1.005 to increase.

Unless you have a specific reason I'd probably avoid changing the EngineBrake, as that could have big ramifications on braking performance and both engine and brake wear.

3. Mee

Mee Registered

Because with those values you give the AI only a quarter of the normal power...
    As Lazza said: you're talking about a multiplier here, so use small multipliers (1.005 or 0.995) to get small differences in lap time.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have had more of a play around with this. I have only been altering the General Power Multi and lowering only a little. After a bit of testing I have found that every 0.040 is worth around half a 7 tenths of a second, 0.020 is worth around 3 tenths, interesting. Though I was testing all this at Albert Park so it would vary depending on track. At Monza I imagine the difference would be a bit more.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Power will tend to affect the engine output at higher revs, Torque at lower. This might seem obvious if you already consider them different things (they aren't). I found adjusting them equally reduced unwanted variations in performance across different track types, but obviously if you want to change the characteristics slightly it would make sense to adjust them differently.

6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out :) so would you say that having better tongue would be good for tracks such as Monaco, Hungary etc, where as power would be better for Monza, Spa etc. The reason I ask is because I have 12 different teams and it would be nice for them to have different characterises, ie some better at twisty tracks and others better at power dependent tracks,