How old are you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by P.S.R., Jun 23, 2015.

?

Who old are you?

1. Under 18

9 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. 18-29

122 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 30-39

163 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. 40+

316 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Ugly, fat, old and used up at 63

2. JRoque

JRoque Registered

[​IMG]

Int(x[SUB]1[/SUB]+ x[SUB]2[/SUB] / -2);where a=4, b=425, c=10

I'll keep the poll results in mind the next time I see pity childish squabbles on this forum.... you bunch of geezers :)

3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Too much maths at 2 am. It's still weekend man. xD

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Wow, 48% over fourty? My theory is correct. Racing is slowly dying... lol

EDIT: Im 23 btw

5. Greg23

Greg23 Registered

How about refining the poll categories?

40 - 49
    50 - 59
    60 - 69
    70+

Kaitsu_69 likes this.
  6. Bazevo

Bazevo Registered

Been wanting to cast my vote all day, but my arthritis is playing up and my incontinence pants are wet through. Anyways, soon as the carer turns up and helps me into my seat, I'm gonna burn some serious rubber!

bwana likes this.
  7. Tony

Tony Registered

:D

8. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Jeez, I'm serious. Is the interest in motorsports really aging THAT much? (no offense to anyone lol)

Can't say i'm surprised though. The golden age of pretty much all motorsport (IMO) was the 60s-80s

Anyone who is introduced to it this day and time would be like "I don't get the point of this..."

Except the Isle of Man TT. That's the only REAL race left on the planet :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Alex72 likes this.
  9. GW Racing

GW Racing Registered

53 Years old.

10. magicaldog

magicaldog Registered

I find it a bit discriminating that there aren't a +50 option since I am 54 ;)

11. Bazevo

Bazevo Registered

I was being serious.... sort of. I'm 53. All in all, these are quite surprising results. Yet although this thread has received thousands of views, less than 300 have voted so far. Stand up and be counted... assuming you can still stand up!

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Not to mention the fact that it gets harder to be introduced to it ;) Going to the track can be quite expensive, especially with F1. (there are/were also free allternatives, but mainly the people already into motorsports know about these, like World Series by Renault). And also on television, with more and more coverage ending up on pay-tv (also especially f1 ;) ).

And for this poll. Aren't the youth nowadays be told to be carefull with placing personal information??? Maybe that is the reason that younger people that are here don't vote because of being carefull???

13. CraigT

CraigT Registered

66 Years Old

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I think you're seeing the difference between rFactor 2 racers and the console-only racers. On the other hand, there's a bunch more interest in hotlapping than racing when you look outside rF2.

15. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Eehhh 46, nearly 47. Like endurance racing a lot, but after a one hour stint i'm glad my ai buddy takes over. But my guess he is just as old, because after 20 minutes his laptimes take a serious wrong turn

16. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Yeah, the AI driver is very slow, like setting opponents at 90% or something. That needs to be corrected so I can do "stints" and not have to drive a whole 6 hour race(seriously) to get a good result. Jeez.

I think it's probably the difference in physics. Apparently the AI opponents use Rf1 physics (via Tim) while player car uses the real rF2 physics.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Under 18 is too broad, I don't see a 6-12 where I'd like to vote.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'd suggest you could be close to right. But you should have said Facebook or Twitter.

If you posted this question there you'd be getting a slightly different result.

Many have said their surprised by the old timer result. Comes as no surprise to me. This has been the trend ever sins I've been sim racing even though I started with Playstation 1 and after a few games a few mates and I got Grand Trismo. Am I showing my age here. Even back then most people that played racing games were over 30. When GT3 came out some of us were getting into the home PC's. Racing forums and GT-R (SimBin) became the flavor of the day before rFactor came out.
    Going back to GT3, At the time a 73 year old held the lap record with the Toyota GT1 at Laguna Seca on the Playstation 2.
    This old man racing trend has never really changed. Racing requires things the young aren't prepared to give. Time and patients. It's only the older gens that have both. Of cause there are the exceptions to this rule so no disrespect to those here that are under 30.

The thing that I've noticed that's changed with my kids friends (boy friends) is a lack of interest in cars in general. My gen was all about cars, 70's, 80's Muscle cars. V8's, sounding good and looking good. Cruising. Sandman panel vans. (Aussies will know :))

19. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Got that right. Most pre driving age kids/teens these days don't even know how a car works. My younger sister made me realize that when she first got in the driver seat and asked my mom "Which one is the go?" Hahaha don't know which side the "throttle" is on, or even what it's called. Rode with me (I drive a manual of course) and she asked "What's the point of changing gears all the time? I don't get it." ffs

That's why young people today call racing "boring" and "just driving in circles", because they have no idea what goes into it. My god it's not about "driving in circles", it's about competition and who can build the best car and go the fastest. Yet they thing shooting zombies on their xbox for hours is entertaining... I don't know if it's the fluoride in the water, internet and video games, or wtf it is but the young generation is just sooo simple minded in general compared to past ones. It really worries me. What will the world be like when that generation is our government?

Which leads me to believe that racing is dying as a sport (At least in the US), and once the aging fanbase dies off we're screwed. I hope I'm wrong.

20. Bazevo

Bazevo Registered

Perhaps the fears over climate change are having some influence as to why young people are less interested in (performance) cars and racing. If so, then perhaps not a bad thing.