Sim Racing servo ffb systems : OSW & Bodnar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Beano

Beano Registered

Hey Guys,
    I get many many PM's over at iracing, ontop of emails, just can't keep up with them all.

Please post your questions here, much easier and other can also comment if I can't :)

edit: I have now replied to all PM's. Greetings from Tokyo, talk later again.

Cheers,
    Beano

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Beano, do you ever speak with Ollie?

3. cookie

cookie Registered

Don't forget to add 10% gst 5% duty and customs fees to Ollie kit, that's why I would get the gear yourself, you still have get your own case, wire and mount everything anyway.

4. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Ollie quoted me 1220 plus £115 for shipping.

Is it cheaper to get the parts myself? I need a list of what parts to get. I'll go with the Ioni Cube 1X, small mige.

5. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Thank You for your reply Beano

6. cookie

cookie Registered

I'm just finishing up a build at the moment I could give you price list of the cost, without the MIGE mount and drive adapter if you like. but if thats $1220 aud go for it.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hopefully do my pals OSW over weekend, I'll take pics etc

actually looks pretty simple,

tad busy as also hoping to upgrade my own setup during spare time

( hope to have a seriously good sim racing time over Xmas holidays this year ! )

Iracing radical on newly released laser scanned nords ....bliss !

doing what this guy has ....but in a virtual way of course :

http://youtu.be/bbmDKZ78MOU

8. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

No its USD. Yeah i' ll get a price/ part list. PM me

9. thenic123

thenic123 Registered

Is the price quoted in USD or AUD ?

10. cookie

cookie Registered

Hope he doesn't mind if I post this here (copy and paste from iRacing forums) to help a few people out.
    If you need more info just head over to the iRacing forums. These are built by Tomo MegIic

12/12/2015 2:29 a.m. Fully assembled OSW kits available with Mige 5000ppr

Tomo MegIic

Hi guys, i decided to offer help for some of you who may be scared of the DIY aspect of the OSW. Would you like to have OSW kit and you feeling uncomfortable about assembling it on your own? Than this might interested you Even though there are many great options out there available for purchase, most OSW kits available do not come with a few components needed to make OSW case fully functional and safe; or complete solutions are more expensive than you would like. I am offering fully assembled OSW kit with all needed customisation and with total price same or lower as you would be paying if you resourse and buy all components needed on your own.

The most important part of the case, in order to make it truly plug and play, is backpanel with all nessesary connectors. This also makes it easy to disconnect the OSW case any time, just take off a few connectors and now your servo and control box are two separate items. The next important thing is mounting hardware/materials for solid and safe mounting of all components inside a case. The final piece is all the extra cables and tiny bits needed for acceptable cable management. Servo power, encoder and main power cables are all ran on separate paths inside the case to minimise EMI. Additionally, I've installed a solid grounding bolt on back of the case, just in case EMI does become an issue, you have a quick and easy mounting point. Case vent is connected to available 5V source to provide minimum airflow inside. Its connector is on the reachable place so it can be easy disconnected if needed.

With a family members who run a CNC machines based company and my good chunk of years experience doing all sort of electronics, I am trying to put these systems together properly and at a low cost, which means I can pass that low cost on to you.

Prices:
    Ioni based OSW system with 5000PPR encoder 1290euro + shipping
    Argon based OSW system with 5000PPR encoder 1390euro + shipping
    Ioni based OSW system with 2500PPR encoder 1190euro + shipping

First Ioni kits are having new Ioni Pro HC with no extra costs due to discount on Granite devices webshop.

Detailed specifications:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu6e2lnxs0edaf6/Ioni k...buying individualy.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7dszlt2vkpkfra/Argon ...buying individualy.xlsx?dl=0

Argon system in CM 110 case:

Ioni system in CM 130 case:

Notes:
    -All systems are completely tested including Mige motor before sending
    -You will need to flash Discovery firmware on your own
    -you need powercord cable for connecting OSW case to your outlet
    -you still need working whell and some quick release to bolt them on servo motor. If you need help with Leo Bodnar conversion on your existing Fanatec wheel, let me know.

Optional: I can provide you Both Argon and Ioni OSW systems without Mige motor with 420e lower price since that is the amount it cost me for geting motor delivered from Lisa to my place . It will also save you additionaly around 35e of shipping cost on system delivery to your place (calculation based for EU). Just make sure that you order motor equiped with new 5000ppr encoder. Its about 20e price difference if you order it directly from Lisa. Sending Mige servo cables to me to soldier DB15 and Neutriks connectors on it is recommended –and included in reduced price.

You can ask about more info, details or more customisation on PM or on my mail simracingbay@gmail.com. I will add few pictures later.
    Tomo MegIic View attachment 18786 View attachment 18787 View attachment 18788

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  11. conboy31

conboy31 Registered

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but can anyone share their .json file for rf2 that has an OSW small mige/argon build? I've had a terrible time getting it to work correctly (but it works fine on other games).

12. cookie

cookie Registered

I just change these two lines for the IONI

"Steering effects strength":-10000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000
    "Steering torque capability":20.5,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)

you need to create a profile in MMOs for each car you use in rF2 for the the steering range to be correct.

13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Here is my settings:

"Skip updates":2,

"Steering resistance coefficient":0,
    "Steering resistance saturation":0,

"Steering torque sensitivity":0.5,

"Steer Ratio Speed":0,

View attachment 18782

And TBW from granity is set to 150 hz

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

nice one cookie, do post on iracing too there's lots of members in Australia ( & worldwide ) that may be interested in your kit

15. cookie

cookie Registered

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the kits are not mine there from Tomo MegIic from the iRacing forums.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You can also try an STS of 0.272 - 0.275.

Ya, STC @ whatever your wheel's max torque is.

The max torque depends on your amps or volts or watts or whatever. With an IONI Pro and Meanwell 600W PSU, I believe the small MiGe does somewhere between 20.0 and 21.5 Nm if you're running at the rated values (amps or watts or volts or whatever). You can always run less or more power so you may have a lower or higher max torque output depending on what power you're running.

P.S. On a different note, I read from a small MiGe owner that adding more power (I think amps) is safe for simracing use since it's only short amounts of time these max loads are produced in simracing (except, possibly, ovals). Is there anyone in these forums who's running the Small MiGe, Meanwell 600w PSU, and IONI Pro setup @ more than 21.5 Nm???

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Spin, torque is always proportional to the amount of current (i.e. amps) flowing through the motor. A voltage is what causes a current to flow. How much voltage you need to get some desired amount of current flowing through the motor is determined by the amount of electrical impedance (which is simply the total resistance in an AC circuit which is a measure of how much the circuit tries to resist a flow of current through it) in the motor at some moment in time. Impedance increases with increasing motor speed, therefore to achieve a constant current flow (i.e. a constant torque output) as the speed of the motor increases (i.e. as the electrical impedance increases) the voltage applied to the motor must also increase.

So in summary. Amount of torque output by the motor is linearly proportional to the amount of current flowing through it at some point in time. Increasing motor speed = an increasing electrical impedance in the motor. Increasing electrical impedance = more resistance to current flow which means you need more voltage to achieve the same amount of current flow through the motor (i.e. to achieve the same amount of torque output from the motor as speed increases).

(side-note: Resistance is a measure of how much a DC circuit resists current flow. Impedance is also a measure of how much an AC circuit resists current flow. Impedance is the name given for the total resistance in an AC circuit (at a certain frequency). Impedance = Resistance + Reactance. In DC circuits, the total resistance is simply the (DC) resistance. In AC circuits, the total resistance is the (DC) resistance component + the (AC) reactance component of the circuit. Reactance increases with AC frequency. The AC frequency of current flow in a motor increases proportionally with it's speed. Therefore the total resistance of the circuit increases with increasing AC frequency, hence the need for more voltage to continue producing the same current flow.)

Lastly...

Power = voltage x current. If you've ever seen the (e.g. horse) power equation, power is linearly proportional to torque and RPM (I.e. speed). Well, we've already established that current is linearly proportional to torque and the amount of voltage (required to achieve some desired amount of current) is linearly proportional to the motors speed. Therefore current x voltage = torque x speed = power.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks, Dr.R1. I knew watts, amps, etc. are all connected/related but, ya, I'll definitely be back to take a closer look at that last post of yours once I get my OSW, lol.

BTW, I just got an email from Ollie stating he can ship this week. Now I'm confused though; am I supposed to ask him for this upgraded encoder?? What about the IONI HC which apparently allows running the Big MiGe @ 30 Nm??? Is the IONI HC worthless, though, without a more powerful PSU and Large MiGe?

Ahhhh help, I don't know what to do...Help :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you know how much shipping is to either Wa, U.S. or BC, Canada?

I'm trying to see what is better to get:

A) From SimRacingBay / Tomo Meglic --- €1290 + Shipping
    - Small MiGe
    - 5000 PPR encoder
    - Case
    - IONI Pro HC
    - Meanwell 600W PSU???

B) From SIM-Plicity / Ollie --- $1310 US (includes shipping)
    - Small MiGe
    - 2500 PPR encoder (I'm guessing)
    - No case
    - IONI Pro
    - Meanwell 600W PSU

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  20. cookie

cookie Registered

You could get the control box and mounting kit only and solder you own 15 pin d-sud on for 770 euro and get the 5k encoder mige straight from Lisa.
    The PSU is a Mean well Hrpg-600-48V. Remember the kit is fully assembled and tested.