Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.0 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 30, 2015.

1. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

from images this track looks very good.
    I'm still tempted to get into rF2, and my previous last "why no" was , not enough tracks.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

19 tracks with a combined 54 layouts available now.
    That's not even counting the big amount of great 3rd party tracks. :)

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

What's the magic number?

4. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

sorry for not being specific, "not enough tracks" that I usually to race on, I'm into GT and Touring car racing, so the trakcs that I'm talking about are those such as " Monza, Imola, Brno, Spa, Nurburgring + NS, La Sarthe, Brands Hatch, Donningon, Snetterton, Oulton park .. and I could probably go on)

I know that some of these are coming at some point
    as far as 3rd party tracks, sorry to say but my standards are very high and from what I have seen, the quality varies quite a bit

numbers are deceiving, it's the actual content that matters

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Free third-party tracks I'd list here that might meet those standards:
    Croft, Putnam and Poznan from feels3 which are old now so I don't know about any conflicts with current build ; Bahrain ; Lester GP ; South Shore ; Longford

So indeed not many. Even stock content has varied levels but excluding Mountain Peak, the scratch releases and update (Sepang) since Silverstone look top notch. But of all the ISI tracks, maybe 6 meet that criteria.

6. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

thanks, I think it's only matter of time before i pick rf2 up. Last demo was big improvement over the last time I tried before that.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

All available as mods....

Then you NEVER will be happy with rF2!
    Bye! Have a nice rest-life.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wow. Way to think for other people.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

His posting history precedes him. I had to read your comment to unhide his to see the absurdity, haha. Desiring quality is considered an offense by some people... little does he know some of those looking for it try to create content to meet their own high standards.

http://www.virtualr.net/nissan-primera-btcc-ac-new-interior-previews

10. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

What is more important a simulator with various excellent physical tracks but with limited or little content with a simulator and realistic physics? dynamic , tire wear, reaistas calculations , realistic ffb someone could answer me ? a track detail would make such a difference in a real situation for a pilot , perfection track is more important to rider or team in a simulator , it will be q these clues we have are not sufficient excuse me do not speak English

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah and Essington, mills, mid oh, Sebring, etc.

Edit - loch Drummond dude there really is quite a bit suitable for GT if you are not beholden to specific tracks...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Me too. 6 hours away. Looks like karting is public almost every weekday or something like that and I see SCCA today but not much else :(

Edit - Fortunately, I have this < 2 hrs away :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

some of the vids on YouTube of is track it looks superb , rf2 lighting is about the best out there now by a long way IMO
    (taking in mind it's fully dynamic 24hr cycle etc )

14. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

it's combination of all these, and also each one will have it's own preferences,

laserscanned tracks are great, but if you never driven them in real life, you will never really know the difference ( if they are done well, such as Gran Turismo, they have fantastic track accuracy for not using lidar laser scan as others do)
    so people don't care about visuals, .. well that's their choice, but I prefer to use my GPU , rather then having 300 fps.

and since the AMP looks great, it's definitely achievable for all tracks.

people get obssessed with tire physics accuracy - something they can't really see or feel in real life that well, yet they easily compromise on how realistic the track feels. what's the point of hardcore simulation if each time you drive on a track you know it's a "game"

but anyhow, I definitely didn't wanted to start argument. I wanted to say to ISI that this new track looks really great and if most of the tracks will have this quality, even people like me will be much more likely to get on board

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It depends on the person. Why not have both? I, for example, would not buy something that would offer me rF Pro's quality if I could only run low-powered open-wheelers or tin-tops in tracks which draw no interest.

Sebring for sure (apologies for this big blunder, was almost leaving work), Mid-Ohio is a bit borderline. Essington has been dated since last year. That said, this is about being picky. Essington is my favorite fantasy ISI creation, even more than Lienz.

This is like picking only Donington Park and Paul Ricard from Assetto's modded content, and Spa, Monza, Imola (borderline) and Nordschleife (excluding the Nürby GP) from stock content.

Don't leave yet, Patrik. You've seen comments at WMD dev-forum and AC forum, you know how fervent and passionate some people can be ;).

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What?!? Hahaha. Every day when I hop in my car I'm thinking, man something is really wrong with the tire physics on this car.

I'm totally kidding BTW.

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Thats totally good news man. Get your cars in this game, they deserve each other. :)

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Indeed!

Patrik have you ever tried to convert something to RF2? You're probably to busy of course, but who knows, maybe it's not big of a work to make conversion. Ales could probably answer this better :)

19. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

I haven't tried anything yet, since I still haven't bought it :)
    and demo doesn't allow me to play with it ( which I understand )

at the moment I am quite busy with creating new stuff, but at some point I think I might be at a place where I can think of trying to convert it, play with it

but no matter , untill it's fully finished in AC, it makes no sense to go really deep into converting it to rF2, since I will have to keep updating both versions

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just buy it, Patrik :) some of the best overall physics (the very best in many people's minds) in all of simracing. Just go do 10 laps; what other convincing/verification do you need? :)