Tire pressure settings should create stagger

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by K Szczech, May 29, 2015.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'd like the tire pressure settings in garage to actually create stagger effect.

I've been going on about this for over a year, I guess, so perhaps it's time to make a thread for it in this forum section :)

I don't think this should actually be on the community wish list, because it's obvious ISI needs to do it sooner or later, but despite I respect the complexity of simulation, the silence on this subject is becoming frustrating.

We had IMS and DW12 for over a year, but I'm still unable to properly setup this car mechanically for oval racing.

So, being a fan of oval racing, I'm engaging the cry baby.

[​IMG]

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thanks for the link Jamie.
    Never thought about the differences between bias and radial when it comes to using tire pressure in "stagger".

So it seems that "today" tire pressures help a wee bit more to hide deficiencies an a botched setup that would take too much time to correct in a green flag stop, or even during a caution pit stop.

Also if the race ends up having long runs (fewer cautions allowing for less setup changes), then lowering tire pressures a bit for a restart may help tires at the end of a long run.

Of course, I might be lying.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Tire pressure always influenced tire radius in rF2, also the outside tire is inherently larger.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

You got it. :)

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I admit I didn't know that. We learn something new every day - too bad I went talking about this for over a year and no one ever replied :)

Well, I've tried previous version of DW12 with low pressures on left side and high on the right side, then with opposite setting, and it didn't affect car handling. My laptimes were the same in both cases.

This is why I figured it's something not implemented yet.

I'll have to give this car some more attention tomorrow and see what I can get from tire pressures.