[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

exactly, it should lock when the ABS is OFF. (especially with cold tires, green track and low downforce)
    Other then that the mod is superb !

(and I feel the same thing with the Flat6 by the way)

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I understood the opposite of what you explained, sorry. Will look about that, I had in my memory lock when I tested, but will test again for a future evolution and possible improvement. Noted.

3. borbor

borbor Registered

Actually technically you couldchange the setup on line pressure by changing the size of the M/C and the pedal motion ratio. Obviously, no one rolls the car out of the truck to make those changes track side, but it could be done ;)

After spending more than a few hours over the course of the weekend trying to figure out one car I do have the following comments:
    1) P2 cars are just a bit too forgiving at a fairly "high" yaw rate. I don't know if it's the aero of the model, or the tire model with the Fy (on the Fy/SA curve) still fairly high at a point past the peak, but any time the car is going loose at T17 / T1 at sebring, it should be a huge "oh ****" moment, not a "la dee da" let me just dial out a bit of input to drive it moment. At least for a downforce car that should be the case.

2) this is probably more of a function of the tires and not the mod itself; the rear tire pressures if they're not being investigated, should be. If you run the DAMPlugin and do some basic math on the rear surface and rubber temp, you'll see something interesting :)

3) Front / rear track as displayed in the garage menu for the Oreca 03, should not have front track width = rear track width.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
    Associat0r likes this.
  4. BecauseRaceCar

BecauseRaceCar Registered

The mod in rfactor 1 uses a locked value of 100% brake pressure by default. Hard to lock the tires in the rfactor version, not much of a surprise as the physics of the cars are mostly of the rfactor 1 mod minus the tires. Due to these lacking physics this mod provides in current state, you don't get much or any real feeling in the wheel of what the car is doing.

5. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

That's what I suspected. It is a great start however, I am guessing this will be addressed in the future release. It is very noticeable after you get to experience other mods, and difficult to swallow. I originally was supportive of rF1 tire model in rF2, but this is first time I am seeing that it might not be a good idea. I am not saying this mod is rF1 tire model, just that it is difficult to go back to simpler implementations.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
  6. RoWo

RoWo Member

I can lock up my tires!

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

To my understanding: you set the brake pressure according to your brake loadcell. For example if you have 75kg loadcell, you set 100%(=75kg) in the car setup. If you have a 60kg loadcell you set 80%(=60kg) in the car setup. It's to get the 1/1 feel with high-end pedals.

I have to agree with most people. The brakes on the cars feel to weak to properly modulate your brakes. I need to press 100% until the last few meters.

Don't know if enduracers have access to data and the forces brakes can produce.

But still i'm enjoying the rides. :)

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

The brake torque is just a lot lower on these cars. The ISI Corvette has nearly twice as powerful brakes as the ER version. Would love to see that change in the future. You can only lock up if you add some turn in otherwise really hard to lock up.

9. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

After the initial release, the Flat6 Cup cars had a similar issue. V2.0 must've increased brake torque quite a bit because threshold braking is now much more difficult but WAY more rewarding. Gives the car a completely different feel under braking.

A bit more brake torque should do the trick. Otherwise the cars feel phenomenal. By far the best GT cars available in rF2 currently IMO. While the tire is quite forgiving with how you're able to "play rough" with it, you still must respect it like a real world racing tire with regards to your steering and throttle inputs.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Well...i can kinna use the rf1 scenes for now...

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

To be honest for now I'm happy that people don't complain about the rf1 low speed turn in oversteer stuff they were moaning about the last 10 years of the mod. Haha. ;-)

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For sure not, new tires model to learn (and no finished), aero reworked, weight transfers adjusted, chassis flex added, FFB & wheel parameters adjusted, and brakes adjusted too (what a surprise), but you think what you want ;)
    For the v1.0, with information we have, free time we have for modding, knowledge we acquire about rF2 features and limited support we have from ISI, we are not able to give a better result without delaying the release of the v1.0, so we consider the version is quite good to use in this state for racing and decide to release it. So like already said, some elements will be dig for the v2.0 like we done on the Flat6.
    Free modding, not paid guys, few support, so we progress step by step with time we have, perhaps the v2 will take long time to be release because some think all need to be perfect from non professional modders ... or perhaps there will be no v2.0 with these kind of blind comments ...

Seriously, some must be have in mind the effort to get this state of mod before making comments without constructive information like that ... And some ask why there is less and less free modders ...

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

The mod is excellent MaD_King, read the pages and pages of positive comments and ignore the obvious troll :)

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep this mod is absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for your hard work. You have spent so much time to create this beautiful mod for free. We really really appreciate your work guys. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I can lock the tires. Its more difficult to do than in some other rF2 cars, but I think thats more or less how it should be. Not locking on every braking, but only when I brake late/hard or miss the corner.

One observation, Ginetta Zytek 09S has constant non-stop exhaust pop sounds on braking/downshifting. Dont` know if thats how you planned it or how it should be.

17. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Top quality mod,great effort,keep up,ignore the troll!

18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Sorry, but non constructive critics made me out compared to the time passed to develop and test on free time. Will not try to feed the toll ;) . Thank you to remind me some like to only troll.
    We are happy to get constructive feedback to improve things, so no problem to get feedback with detailed informations, nothing is perfect (and will never be perfect).

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

For now MaD_King, perfect or not you guys gave me such an enjoyable mod that i even don't practise for my league race because i keep lappingwith these cars

20. marmagas

marmagas Registered

+1