[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Thank you Enduracers for this nice mod! Really like the sounds and presence of older M3 :) Will send donation later today.

I noticed BMW M3 has shifter handle (looks like it). Does anyone know if this car was paddle shifted in GTE, or sequential stick shift?

It might be my settings, but I am having hard time feeling/hearing tire locking up in this mod. This makes it more difficult to preserve balanced tire wear compared to say, URD EGT. Anyone else noticing that?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

2012 was the first year GT cars were allowed to have paddle shift. Everything before that was a sequential floor shifter.
    TK

3. agara93

agara93 Registered

Can't wait for someone to create 2016 WEC (and other series) skins..
    Especially for the Ligiers

4. JTninja

JTninja Registered

Close enough

https://youtu.be/d1XjDCWAiMQ

5. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Great mod. Love the LMP2 cars, real fun.

2 things. I'm getting certain texture flickering of track objects at certain tracks in this mod that I don't get in other mods.
    3PA Bathurst is one (eg. the signboard that is over the track half way up Mountain Straight). Not sure why??? Seems to happen in the LMP2 cars (not sure about other cars).
    Does not happen at Silverstone...

Also, the Aston Martin doesn't have bonnet view that the other GT cars have. TV Cockpit view is 'In Car'?

Apart from that, I haven't had any other issues so far. The LMP2 cars are just fantastic. Can drive them easily on default setup, but need to change to get them to go FAST. :)

Cheers to the Modding team. Massive mod & well done...

6. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Thanks, good to know that.

7. batito

batito Registered

donation made already, thxs guys very much, best mod ever !!

8. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi guys

Really nice mod there !

Really fun to drive and enjoyable.

Am I the only one who find the brake weak ?(in the Gts at least)
    Brake pressure is locked at 100% and with every mod (especially ISI Gts) I have to put it down at least 85% to avoid lock-up with my setup. Here I am stuck at 100% and I can't get the wheel to lock up even when pressing the brake all the way to the floor... It remove some of the fun to manage your braking... Here I just need to brake as hard as I can if I am in a straight line.

I did a quick comparaison with the ISI corvette and the Enduracer Vette with cold tires, cold brakes, cold soft tires and a green track. 100% brake pressure in both case, no aid. Brake bias is default (52.0 front for the ISI and 60.0 for the Enduracer) and low downforce on both cars.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6UAoiuzeAM9d1VnenZ0aGVuYzg

Hope that help someone figuring out what is up there :)

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would like to comment that some of the cars included in the pack would be presenting the ALT TAB issue which is discussed in the following thread. Just in case someone doesn't know it is the impossibility to alt tab back to game in fullscreen mode.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22945-ALT-TAB-Solution?p=436884&viewfull=1#post436884

Several root causes have already been identified for other mods presenting the same problem.
    I haven't isolated yet which of the cars are the bugged ones (only can confirm about CorvetteZ06) and if the cause is similar to the already detected ones.
    I will take a more detailed look tomorrow. In order to check car by car, select no opponnents and ALT TAB in fullscreen display mode.

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Interesting, if we can isolate and identify the cause, we will fix it in future version for sure.

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The cars are developed to be driven with "degressive braking" (not sure of the term in english) technique. By our information, in real race cars there is not a setup on the brake pressure. And another point, the brake balance is to be adjusted depending your preferences (to the rear if you lock the front tire).
    The default setup is done to be secure and a little understeer to be confident in the first laps, so the brakes can be a little too in front, depending you braking technique and brake balance preferences.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

cant extract the gmt coz the mas is locked :(

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes. Why do you want to do that?

14. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Cockpits of the LMP's are very detailed. :)
    Thanx...

15. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yeah, That is exactly my point. Even with the brake bias a little bit forward, with a low downforce setup, cold tires, green track even when pressing the brake all the way down I don't have any lock up at all. (You clearly see it in the video... no lock up at all even at really low speed)
    About the brake pressure, maybe I am wrong, but I always thought that the brake pressure setting in garage was more a question of hardware... like people with a load cell would be able to use more brake pressure than a user with a standard spring pedal (Like the G27). That why brake pressure settingg does not transfert during driver Swap.

16. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

We got the cars up on our server last night and these cars are fantastic. Really fun to drive and the detail of the cockpit is amazing. Thanx

17. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If you want I will take a look at it.
    I have done it several times so far and I am quite used to it. The first times it takes quite some time until you get used to the mechanical trial and error procedure.

It basically consists in leaving as few gmt as possible in the gen file (the main one in this case since in the spinner the ATI does not present as in Simtek's F488 GT3). Once you get a working gen, you start adding the removed gmts until the ATI occurs. So far, brake lights seem to be typically the most suspicious files that could be tried first.

Once the faulty gmts are isolated you start removing materials from them until ATI disappears. It is basically the same idea as with gmts in gen file. Suspicious materials seem to be the animated ones using frames 0,1,2 within the so mentioned gmts for brake lights.

Beware that more than one gmts or materials could present the issue. Take that into account when defining each test and analysing its result.
    The logic of each conclusion is important in order not to get lost and reach conclusion with the smallest number of iterations.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

i wanna import it to solidworks fr 3dsimed with the skin for super quality render for promo vid. Cant wait 2 weeks for template.

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You need to wait for the official scene, sorry.

20. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

I want to second that. With this mod I can slam brakes down all the way to 100%, M3 remains stable and there are no signs of wheels locking up (FFB, audio). Tire wear seem to reflect careless braking, tires won't wear evenly. But the issue is that opposed to URD/BTCC/F1RFT cars I can't adjust my braking to situation, there are no clues on locking point. I have no idea if maybe this is how real GTE cars behave, but even my road cars are nervous with locked wheels (and there's ABS/ESP)