So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I can't believe what i see at this very moment, there is really a review of pCars at this moment in the german TV on RTL, and it is not one of the unknown stations in germany.

Ok it was quite short but still.............. :rolleyes:

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

rF1 is many years old and was only updated recently by ISI. Personally I don't think ISI have even scratched the surface yet with rF2. I would hope it's still in development in 5 - 7 years from now.

3. yusupov

yusupov Registered

oh i expect rf2 to go much longer than a year or two, was speaking of pCARS.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ah ok my mistake.

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

no.... matter of fact I just put on rf2 and I know its the best sim out atm. what I don't get is why people have to hate on pcars... its like there can only be rf2 and if you don't like your not a true sim racer, I call BS to all that, I love rf2 and I also like pcars..

so what....

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

I could twist it around and ask why i should love it and for what exactly as a true simracer for many years, and if you love it than you are a arcade racer and not a true simracer, and it is ok when you have fun with it, but you have to accept that not everybody looks at it with your view, apart from that i don't hate anything but as example i'm simply are not intrested in gaming like with a console, and so many others as well i guess.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Show me your best laptimes on the Leaderboard ........... :rolleyes:

You make it sound like it drives like NFS.

lool

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

..and so not everyone looks at it like you..

u should pick it up may even surprise yourself :)

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

@DD

Sorry man but that isn't very usefull to base the quality or something on, and as i was in i hold also the WR with my PB at any track i've forget with the F1 and some other cars i've ride that time, and that has no special reason other than that you can get used to everything, but that wasn't my point. It was just about msportdan and his frequently changing opinion, which confused me a bit, as he started his mission as a moral apostle.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

At some point i sure will do, just out of curiosity on the details and how it will be in my personal environment, but first i like to wait and see how it goes.

So do we agree that each individual has his own view and intrest ?

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

How is the online? Can you host your own server? If not, how does the online work? How are pings, is there warping or jitter?

Could pCars be used in a league environment?

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I can't see why not except the limits on skins and mods would kill video reviews. ;)

I see it more suited to the sponsored events , open fun races and hot lapping.

I hear they will do Lemans 24H with driver swaps.

Couple races here look okay.

Gessus they talk more then I can type in race. p loool

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eD7o_f7s0Y

I know, I know... It's another Empty Box video...

The video is a reaction on a blog-post linked in the video's description.
    At first I was like, "too long didn't read" but then I pulled myself together and read it.
    Read it :) and of course form your own string of thoughts and maybe... even voice it.

I'm a bit like "it all makes sense now...".

14. bwana

bwana Registered

lol what a bung fight. your right makes it all come together.

Quite a few laughs best I got was " not even a real sim like Iracing or AC " best bit don't think I spotted 1 comparison in that article comparing to RF2 . Good to see imho, oranges and apples should never be in the same bowl anyway.

which ever way it happened or how it ended up Im not unhappy about owning it.

Keep doing what your doing ISI . Ya Da Bomb!!

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1

Took the words right out of my mouth.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Agreed...i spend last weekend a couple of hours (15 to be exact) playing pCars. To make it sure, I`m not with the SMS Investment, just bought the Game. I got a lot of Fun during 10 hours, because i spend around 4-5 hours, to get the FFB working :D

As i said somewhere else, too... it`s not rF2, it`s just a Racing Game. But therefore, from my point of view, it`s each Cent worth. 10 hours / 50 € = 5 €. For really good fun and entertainment, I`m really fine with this. Everything else coming now, is on top and ROI ;)

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

It must have been while you were kis...

Nevermind...XD

So long as some of the big issues are sussed out, I will probably buy PCars in some kind of sale in future. About the only thing I don't have is GSC and iRacing. I'm sure I'd very much enjoy it, get my fix of what is missing in rF2.

Much like Dirt Rally I reckon, I've been enjoying that a lot lately. Even though there are some pretty weird things, some of the moments in it are great. And of course, it delivers on the things that RBR doesn't and can't. The Welsh forest stuff, with the sun coming through the fog in the treetops, looks great, sound brilliant, drives well.
    I assume like PCars, if I could just take the moments that make rF2 feel so "right" and mix it with what makes the others so "right", I would be in heaven XD

18. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

OK so after a couple of hours of trying I conclude that actually there is no more fun to be had. The game looks so promising due to graphics but I cannot achieve an enjoyable race, it just feels totally unlike driving let alone racing a car. Biggest waste of time since Rise of Robots hype back when I was a lad and when I was still smart enough not to fall for it..........my fault for wanting to believe the hype. This is so far removed from what I read that for the first time that I believe I have been deliberately mis-sold a game.

19. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

The only thing that will keep you going in PCars is disbelief that you haven't got it set up properly or something because that much hype cannot possibly be wrong......I mean I have been watching great you tube clips for months. The wasted time was more costly than the bill which frankly I would rather have donated to RFactor2!

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm tremendously satisfied with pCARS, even though I'm one of the most hot headed defenders and lovers of rFactor 2.
    I'm not a WMD member, mind you, so I don't have a hidden agenda. I'm just a guy who loves racing sims. :)

I think about it this way: pCARS does not try to act like it's something that it isn't. By that I mean, pCARS doesn't try to be rFactor 2.
    It's just its own thing, which I find very attractive. I don't feel cheated or disappointed after trying it, like I did with Assetto Corsa.

Kunos claims, in many ways anyway, that Assetto Corsa is some sort of alternative to rFactor 2 quality wise, which it definitely isn't as far as I'm concerned.
    It tries so hard to be something it's not, and likely never will be. This is one of the main reasons I don't like AC.
    AC has millions of mods, you say? Doesn't matter to me, because no matter how awesome these mods are, they will always be held back by AC's core physics.
    A successor to rFactor? Not in the slightest. A true successor to rFactor would need to be both an awesome piece of software AND have millions of mods available.

pCARS is simply pCARS, nothing more, nothing less.
    It's tremendously fun to race in, the variety in cars and tracks is great, races are very immersive and exciting.

To me it even feels like the physics are more accurate and life-like than AC's for example.
    It very well could be that AC's physics are better, in theory, but they're so badly executed that it really doesn't matter to me in the end.
    Physics and force feedback feel great to me in pCARS (no, not rFactor 2 great of course) after having tweaked the ffb settings a bit.
    The default ffb settings mask how good the physics truly are.
    A "simcade" (not my words) that does a better job at physics than the self proclaimed best sim in the world, Assetto Corsa? Lol, that's pretty hilarious.

People who say that pCARS drives like an arcade game either have it set up wrong, or they're simply biased against it for some reason or another.
    There is a lot going on when driving these cars, and they feel more alive than most other racing games, and even some sims.
    Tons of little slides, need to make corrections, lock-ups, weight transfer, tire sensations etc. etc.
    No it's far from perfect, but it's really great nonetheless. Some of its cars feel like some of the best rFactor 1 mods even, which is pretty damn great considering the type of title pCARS is.

I don't see any point in directly comparing pCARS to rF2. I see rF2 like more of a "tool" than a game, obviously.
    pCARS is out to entertain, baffle, immerse, create a spectacle and look gorgeous while doing it.
    I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to enjoy both, for different reasons of course. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.