So....who has PCars?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

95-100% of everything. :rolleyes:

lool

Team member 25EU you get it for 1/2 price...which means not a lot either. lol

They that confident of "drop off numbers" that they only give you 3 months to take it up too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

except, you know, they barely market...they do hype stuff by teasing content (& content, btw, is the actual answer imo & what will be sure to keep me coming back to AC)

bc of the moddability, your glee at its impending demise is...a little sad, but also very premature. also, regardless of your opinions, its clear that most people dont think pC flattens AC in terms of physics, ffb, AI. in fact i see more ppl saying they prefer AC in those categories, with, as DD says, pCARS feature list doing a lot to equalize the titles for them.

i was a little afraid that pCARS would be an R3E killer, actually. it isnt, as w/ AC, will most likely just get more ppl playing the sim. really happy w/ this game, but wish AC fanboys could chill out...theyre acting like the rf2 fanboys do about AC

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Its all a matter of taste so this is just my personal opinion of course. I like the Physics and FFB much much better in AC than in Pcars - and honestly I also like the visuals better in AC except from the amazing weather effects in Pcars. New benchmark there for sure. AC has always performed super smooth for me which is important. RF2 can deliver the best physics and FFB in some cases but there are just too few high quality tracks and cars compared to AC which is why AC is still the sim I spend most time with at the moment. Maybe a big factor is that I am not all that into vintage cars and tracks. If RF2 had more tracks in Silverstone quality it would perhaps be different.

AC multiplayer really suits my needs as well since I dont have the time for leagues etc. There are always servers to join with interesting cars and tracks. So to me personally AC just delivers the best overall experience. Pls remember this is just my personal opinion and I am not saying I am right but thats how things are to me in all honesty.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah I would never suggest AC is flattened in any category other then phrases to accentuate a point. ;)

Funny thing about modding, people complain there is unfinished work and updates needed all sims, poor AC mods, not enough good rF2 mods, too many sims diluting modders , yadda ...

Then in the same sentence they will pick on SMS for not having modding ( so they can complain about it too ? ) lol

edit:

"pCars Lame award " p

and the winner goes to emails ! lol

Seriously would even your average 2015 8 year old cop that repeating groupie stuff ? p

" Woooww DD !@!! " lmao

Then the next race you finish 3rd, secure the championship for the last round and you are a mug ? loool

There is also one guy emails I would like to punch in the face, arrogant know it all he is. hehehe p

Team is never happy unless you win every race either. p

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Every adult person which has some usefull braincells will see and understand whom are just childish and fanboys, or try to self justify themself. The best are those trying to cloud there real thinking or personality. I can see fake people, believe me.

In general, nothing of this message is directed at you.

Don't suggest people to behave as a fake yourself. Try to be a man with balls before.

I absoluty don't like to compare competitor soft at the wrong place, even if it may is intresting to read for some.

Go and tell Ian Bell and Kunos how you think about there work.

But yes i know the self justifying people need it this way as it seems.

Hey rf2 is best but i also can have fun with games, as you can see.

I said this once i say it again, i've never seen such a sick community as the sim community, of which of the sickest are at this place to find.

No offense, but my honest opinion. ;)

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

lol :D

to be clear im not saying anyone is being 'fake', i generally take ppl at their word unless there is very good reason not to. i just disagreed w/ the suggestion that this is some kind of AC killer. on the contrary its probably been, & will be, a positive for AC. and if we can just get rf2 on steam, all the more reason it should be a positive for this as well.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes you aren't saying that but i do. ;)

8. matf1

matf1 Registered

Sorry. It appears I dropped my smiley face. You know, the queue for you to laugh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

rFactor2 to steam give me a brake, few ISI cars from 60`s and few from -+2010, pCars has 60 cars from 60`s, 70`s, 80`s, 90`s 2000`s and 2010, I think ISI knows better then that when it comes to marketing.

Third party community needs a wake up call before any release on steam.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

I rather have 3-4 new cars per year that are as good as rF2 AC Cobra, than 60 cars all with more or less same feeling, as in these console targeted games.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I knew eventually this thread would turn into a "rF2 fanboys" mud slinging contest. If you like something or don't like something, it's clearly because you're a "fanboy" of something else. :p

12. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

Well I have now bought PCars.

I can't judge the game properly yet because the physics / FFB is all over the place and there are enough setting permutations to keep me experimenting for a month or more. Main problems are FFB dropping off in slow turns and terrible under steer which won't dial out with Tow / Roll Bar / Caster / Differential settings or trail braking!

I keep reading good things about Assetto Corsa and reinstalling it to see if I missed something, wasting time playing with settings to try to bring it to life.

By contrast FFB / Physics are excellent on RFactor 2 and there is a good FFB thread on this forum to tweak out clipping and optimise slow speed accuracy. I had a 40 minute single player race at the Hockenheimring in the Spark F2 this week including a 10 minute battle for the lead with the AI beating me into the hairpin consistently, followed by a long battle to pull out enough lead so that I could exit the hairpin in front. It was great fun (if exhausting) due to the physics and FFB which put your senses on edge even if your technique is poor. Real gritty racing against AI! The lead changed place quite a few times.

My hope with PCars is to use it for endurance racing in changing weather for the immersion factor, yet so far the weather works better in RFactor2 with it's drying line and evolving grip. Rfactor 2 just needs to address the variable graphics by delivering more of the high quality, detailed circuits and avoiding the grainy looking ones. I am confident that my money wasn't wasted on PCars because the issues I mention can surely be improved to a level where I can use both "sims" for different moods. Meanwhile I just uninstalled Assetto Corsa again....I still must be missing something with that one.

I have a G25 Wheel and can't see why both AC and PCars cannot issue their recommended settings for the games to behave as the developers intended. That alone might stop bad reviews based on confused settings?

Update: OK So I implemented the excellent Jack Spade FFB Tweaker File and now the under steer has gone and I have a rather fun, sometimes challenging, very atmospheric arcade racer :-/ With the FFB working the physics are shown up as being completely unrealistic if that's a fair description?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  13. yusupov

yusupov Registered

as a last resort for the understeer have you tried the steering ratio in the setup?

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Could anyone confirm to me that it is possible to run pCars on triple setup? I read somewhere (could be here in fact) the game only supports single screen. Thnx in advance

15. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

It's ISI's job to make the content! and the bad thing is that they said, the ideal case would be to sell their game engine to other gamemakers. So all we can expect is to get more random content every now and then. 80$ for that **** is too much.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I've just driven a Audi LMS (GT) around Sakkito (Suzuka) and it's quite terrible. The car seems to has no suspension, it's utterly arcadish. I didn't bother try the AI or full weekend race, no point to drive a sim which physics appears to be worse than Gran Turismo.

17. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Yes you can , have run it on triple screen for 2 years .

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

most of pCARS cars arent any 'cooler' than what you can get with rf2 + URDs GTE pack (or apex's gt3 mod). the graphics can look gorgeous & a lot of people (with wheels) will appreciate the ffb & steep learning curve. rf2 offers a unique experience & all gettting it on steam will do is make more people aware of it...

if you look at the pCARS steam board, 90% (of the non forza/GT) comparisons are to assetto corsa, which, yes, its shinier than rf2 & has supercars, but steam is why its sold as well as it has. i see rf2 mentioned less that R3E & SCE, sims which are on steam..(reiza's 'coolest' car is what, the camaro? lol). anyway, the reason i didnt find the non-sequitor (?) about ACs 'marketing' funny is that lets be honest, the people who market these sims are the fans (/fanboys), people who already have the game & love it. even pCARS, why did they need to market themselves, for PC anyway? they had an ARMY of ground soldiers doing that. you saw (and see) the same thing with AC, now SCE...where is rf2? one possible answer: an internet backwater. (ie, an independent PC game not on steam)

idk if you think rf2 content is just balls or something thats your opinion, but id like to see more 60s content, the cobra is amazing. really though i guess my hope for the next year is a focus on updating the current cars.

19. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Seems that some people have knowledge of the cause of certain issue in game (AC, RF2 etc).

How do you know that its the physics fault?

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.