The Howston G4 and G6 are way under appreciated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, May 5, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Howstons at historic Monza. Now that is great. For some reason, braking and entry of Lesmo 1 really sticks in my mind with the Howstons. I think it's the way you can feel the suspension and tyres It's a challenge but feels great especially when you get into a consistent zone with the car.

The way the car moves and slides in turn 1 is also great. Turn 1 is the fast right-hander after the main straight, the one that can be taken flat in some cars (60s F3s).

Obviously the banking is amazing, but for some reason Lesmo 1 really stands out for me with the Howstons.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oh yeah, I still remember going around the banking for the first time in the Eve F1. For some reason it sticks in my mind in the same way. In fact the same for Monaco or Spa too, the historics are what got me into rF2.

3. joker68

joker68 Registered

+1

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Imagine some sort of 60s historic multiclass racing mixed with Howston G4s and G6s and some slower GT cars, or heck, even some 60s open-wheelers. That would be mega.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Well I must say that today I drove the '69 G6 for the first time since build 930 with the steering rack and/or whatever changes there were and I must say that this vehicle is among the best vehicles I have ever even imagined. Two things, though. First, I cannot marvel enough about what these cars will feel like with new CPM. Secondly, for crying out loud these vehicles are buggy pit on last lap issue (thankfully can workaround with timed races) but the biggest annoyance is that there appears to be other major issues with AI being retarded. Granted some issue may be tracks but I can't find a single track where AI don't spin out etc. with these vehicles. Am I alone? Most of my previous experience with these was online but wow how AI seem to suck with these cars.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

I would assume the AI would be tweaked up if and when they are gunna be updated. The AI always have troubles with something as taily as the Howston though, like they can't balance the car like a human could and keep a nice gentle slide going.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Barely 3 out of 10 voted any Historic their favorite car in poll.

rF2 will get a larger Historic following down the track and eventually cars to race sure but will time have us spoiled like PnG/GTL/GTR .

Probably rather they move on to rF3 greenlight.

DX12 F3 Eve with mega eye and weather candy .................hubba hubba ! lol

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Don't have issues with other tail happy cars though but maybe forcing setup and training will help...