[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Just a curious notion. Shouldn't diff lock kill the tires?

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well it should be adjustable on the fly... They have one overall approch for a dry track (and probably multiple approaches within this overall approach as the tyres wear) and then if it rains, they have different overall approach (more towards equal)

But I don't think that is possible in rF2. To adjust the torque split...

Yes, will see tonight how the tyres wear...

3. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I agree, completly. Normally i woulnd even post something like a spec page if it had guessed the value's. I'm the kind of person who wants everything to be fully confirmed before i posted. When possible, that is :) .

Just about every article i have read about the non-919 ( [emoji14] ) hints to about 500 horsepower from the V4 (to the rear tires) and about 400 horsepower from the hybrid. I likely is (slightly) more though as i have seen it added up as "nearly 1000 bph" more then once :) . Same thing for the rev limit. Often it's said to go "up to 9000 rpm". For example at Fuji last season, the non-919 ( [emoji14] again ) went to 8000 rpm, with the drivers shifting slightly shy of that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

4. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

The 4wd system is cannot be realistically implemented in rF2 anyway. As you dont have KERS and the 4wd is always in action which it is not in reality and it can get in the way of handling especially on faster corners.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

5. peevee

peevee Registered

Tried this and agreed it has improved the handling and made it all more controllable
    But nowhere near 1:40 laps times you guys are doing
    1:44 best I can do so far - in what I have setup wise anyone doing 40s is alien - I maybe slow but not that slow
    :confused:

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm no alien..! but as I said earlier on, not a ham fisted oaf either :)

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Bjorn, you're close to one, though. Especially since you treat the sim cars like cars rather than a video game.

8. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Had a few laps today, it was a lot of fun. I agree that it is very slide happy.

9. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

Wow, the darsche is beast, the sound is amazing. I managed to do 1:42 @ Silverstone doing 40min hotlap, with a good setup I think I can improve at least 1 sec.
    Try increasing rear ride height a bit and the secret for me to improve lap times was messing around with the wings.

10. west1785

west1785 Registered

Managed a 1.41 and can get better once the track rubbers in more, so 1.40 is do-able. Btw, I'm not saying Bjorn is not an alien or close to one :p But I did like it more with lower diff, the back seemed more alive and more of a challenge, hence more fun. With diff at 100% it's too planted. When pushing it too hard, shouldn't you expect some snap-oversteer?

11. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

I'm not sure if this is for Testers only or for everyone. But if it is for everyone have not received an email :/

12. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Alless, is it possible to get a full template for the Darche to work with. That is, also the colors etc. you have used?

13. carson_1017

carson_1017 Registered

Thanks for the cars. I love prototypes.
    I would like to see the fuel mileage corrected for all of the PX cars compared to the EGT cars. Isn't it true that the P1 cars have to pit more often than GTE cars? In my AI races the EGT cars always have to do one more stop than the PX cars.

14. peevee

peevee Registered

Good to see folks driving these things hard
    I have a server which I will fire up for URD PX testing at Silverstone this week...

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

In addition to the above, after some more testing yesterday:

Soundmix: The Revo PX is a lot louder in-car compared to the Darche and the Aura. Not sure if that is intended (Turbo and Diesel...) but to me the difference is too big. As I said, I have to turn down the Opponent Volume to 30, whilst leaving the rest at 100%...

Wheelrotation: I still have this problem. And changing it to the Revolution parameters (14/479) fixed the wheelrotation issue...

FFB is still at 0.5 %. But if it is only me, I think it should be left like it is.

Let's talk about the cars in comparison to each other (Aura vs. Darche):
    First of all, there are still some strange setup solutions possible, that shouldn't work quite like that in real-life. As this has been said already in previous posts, I will try to give some new information. The Darche is the faster car on a single lap. It seems to eat more tire and fuel and does behave a bit twitchier. The Aura is the all-round car. You can achieve fast times quicker with less learning. Overall it is a bit slower than the Darche.

But. - In real life the Darche is the faster car in a straight line, the Aura is faster in the corners, right? That's something that should be felt immediately but it doesn't. Top speed is almost the same. Cornering is similar too. Top Speed difference should be around 25 kph!!! And the Aura should be able to almost overtake a Darche around the outside... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZOMYjaGt8
    Would be good to have those characteristics of the real cars.

Graphically the brakes on the Darche look strange. I'm sure there will be a future update when it hits its final-stage. Otherwise I like both models and the headlights look good. For a mod I paid for, I still miss basic stuff like heatfx or blurred rims (not tires, they are blurred already, which makes it even more strange) on all the cars. Also windscreen dirt build-up should be available in all cars. That's GTR2 stuff that should be basic in a current state mod. Some textures miss the final (hd) touch but that's everything I can think of for now.

Thank you guys! All in all a great addition already.

16. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

The difference in top speed is incredibly hard to judge. Honnestly i think it's not so much the top speed that's ( a lot ) different, it's the way they get to it.

https://youtu.be/-b-wu3cVjeI

As you can see in this video, the Darche is quite a bit faster on accelleration, yet on pure top speed, the cars are very nearly identical!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

17. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

"Top Speed difference should be around 25 kph!!!" explain me that pls. Where do you have such differente exactly? LeMans? Silverstone was first race and you cant really match race pace vs qualy pace and than there are different setups they run like topspeed vs grip. Than i can actually just make the base setups just like that. This arent the things that you can actually compare and say thats it, look at the differente there. We need to get them close and no mather what or we will see only whining and in leagues only porsches so as online on servers.

@Sherwin92 you are right there. And exactly that is the thing. We dont have hybrid here and here is the biggest differente in those cars we need to match somehow to real but again to be both competitive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  18. peevee

peevee Registered

I would like to host URD PX server but just remembered if I do host it anyone can download the mod even without having paid for it.
    Any suggestions on how to host URD mods and only have drivers who have paid for it join the server?
    Also is it okay to inform people about servers on here?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well if that is the case, scratch my idea. Although I like differences in cars. Well, they are different already so,... no problem. Hope the rest is understandable. Keep up the good work!

20. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

i like differentes to. I will try to implent what i can. Maybe even more grip for Aura and better acceleration for Darche. They could get even on that and might give a good fighting experience on track but yeah as mentioned. I dont want whining all around later, hehe :)