[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Pah.... telling me I'm pedantic when it comes to quality... look at you now.

Haha. :cool:

I will check out the cars in an hour or so.

2. peevee

peevee Registered

First impressions and feedback after testing the Darche at Silverstone for a couple of hours

I find it great to drive, tail happy but in a predictable and manageable way. The aero works well as when your instincts tell you to come off the gas, actually floor it and the grip comes in big time - this was something the Audi drivers said was a characteristic of these cars at the Bahrain WEC when I got to speak to some of them.

Using the S6 tyres I managed my best lap times in the 1:45 zone but it took two or three laps to get them up to speed - early on they are very slippery and on the edge not as comfort inducing as the S7.
    Using the S7 tyres I managed lap times in the 1:46 zone and also only came good for me after four/five laps and then they got progressively better before dropping off around 10 laps mark.

Have mainly driven short runs to get to grips with the car and build a setup.

Interestingly at Silverstone last year the top LMP1 times were in the 1:40 in qualy and mostly around 1:42 to 1:44 in race mode
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_6_Hours_of_Silverstone (not sure if real layout last year is same as ISI version)

As it stands this URD PX1 mod, on my rig, I would say 1:40 in sim would be alien times and hard to achieve
    1:42 attainable by some real fast guys but how sustainable in endurance mode I am not sure
    I would say for my level of driver (average) 1:43 is possible with correct setup etc. on hot lap, but would probably live in 1:44 zone for long stints

The Revolution AI seem too fast while Darche and Aura AI too slow on 100% setting

All in all the Darche is good and pleasing to drive and looking forward to next upgrades and final version - very close to finished I would say.
    Aura up next...

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Cars are very good, models, sounds etc, well done! :)

Only have one minor gripe with the low res 'workhard' on the mirrors

View attachment 19091

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Overall:
    Soundmix is a bit off. Had to turn Opponent vol. to 30%.
    And both cars have very strong FFB. Turned down the multi to 0.50
    Aura has engine brake map setting. Darche has engine boost setting. Shouldn't both have both?

Darche
    Wheelrotation didn't match. Had to set it to 480° manually. Could be on my end...
    Rev Limit to high. I shift at araund 8.000rpm. Off throttle crytical. Much better with full Diff everything. 100%. Did a 1.41.1 on default fuel at Silv. No problem regarding aero to me.
    Sounds are good. Could use a bit more bass.
    Rest is great.

Aura
    Great sound.
    Wheelrotation? Same as Darche...
    Did the same with the Diff, but changed coast to 50%, because of the lack of engine brake. Therefore also changed the engine brake setting to 0 and brake cooling to 1. Did equal laptimes. A bit slower I guess but that is what it is in real life.

Btw. Where did u change the torque split Bjorn? Edit: found it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You are kind of proving my point... You're doing a 1.45 on a qualifying tire.

And in the race, you're having traffic to deal with, pretty much every lap, which is why they're mostly slower than Q-times. Still Audi manages to match their Q-time during the Silverstone race with 1.40.8-times.

You on the other hand, good Kenny! Do not prove my point! It does prove some other weird things though... You lock up your diff completely, which is only really seen in... Drifting?

I just tried closing up the diff completely and it fixes the snap-oversteer, it does however make the car a complete pig in corners off-throttle.
    1.40.600 at Silverstone I just did with the locked diff
    So they actually have grip (and stability), it's just how it has it. It doesn't make much sense to me. And if the cars stay like this, Ales, you DEFINITELY have to give it a default setup that has done the "not sensible" diff stuff for the player, because I would never, ever have locked up a diff in a race car thinking it would do it any good :) I suppose it is a limit of the rF2-engines possiblities as of now.

And as Flaux points out... The rev-limit on the Darsche is too high. It's max power is at 8000... So yeah... Either that should be raised or the innernette lies about the 9000 RPM limit. Because as of right now 1000 RPM are very much redundant and you'd make the gearing longer to not look like a fool down the straight :)

And the boost on the Darsche setting does nothing as of yet, right?

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Got the email. Thanks Ales and team. :)

7. MHansen

MHansen Registered

I have done a quick couple of laps in both Darche and Aura at Le Mans 99 and the only real issue I had was the obvious lack of HP in the Darche.
    There seem to be almost a 10 km/h difference between Aura and Darche on the straights.

I also find it very hard to turn with both cars, since the slightest release of throttle make the rear end flip out, but mostly with the Aura and in relation to that it seems that just the slightest tap on my brake will also make me loose grip, but that might also be a brake pressure/pedal setup problem.

8. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

+1

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

and @Mark
    See Flaux' post about the diff settings, I tried it does solve rear-end grip...
    Doesn't make much sense to me though as to why :)

10. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/2015-porsche-919-hybrid-ar157674.html

SPECIFICATIONS

Horsepower @ RPM:

500@9000

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

11. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

12. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

That's very understandable. My post was simply to prove that there should be (a lot of) power produced at 9000 rpm, even without the hybrid :)

Havent been able to test the car myself yet, however it is already downloaded :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P5110 met Tapatalk

13. UnitedRacingDesign

yeah i know :)

I will add some HP and test more the darche, need to get used on that car...

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

If it in reality revs that high, that was my point. Question the source of information. I still haven't seen a Porsche engineer talk about 9k. And if you look at the rest of those specifications they're (gu)estimates.

The point being, it's just not too optimal to have a 1000/1500 rpm's where the car is doing nothing :)

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Everything what is written or being told about those cars in last years isnt really worth alot. I have alot of sources and where i could get reliable values are actually same as you can google and at the end its pure speculation.

16. peevee

peevee Registered

Those having handling problems go to the ARB and detach the rear, then go as low as possible with the front ARB - try that, then tweak according to taste - for me this made the world of difference and seems to be the 'trick' to getting better handling in all the recent rF2 mods including Flat6....

17. peevee

peevee Registered

@Bjorn and @Flaux
    Would be cool if you post your setups because I cannot see 1:40/ 1:41 at Silverstone with what I have...
    Cheers

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Key is in the diff...
    Darsche so far for me
    Pump 100%
    Power 100%
    Coast 100%

Aura so far for me
    Pump 90%
    Power 85%
    Coast 70%

It will make you A LOT faster.

It's almost the opposite settings I'd normally put on a rear-wheel driven normal diff :) It's like it is reversed...

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Talking about rearwheel driven.... bjørn and I were discussing the torque split setting. Is the range to big? Is it realistc? What would/should be a realistic range?

20. peevee

peevee Registered

Cool thanks
    Going to try it right now :)