[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. peevee

peevee Registered

I agree with Steve - I have bought everything that URD produce (AC and rFactor2) - and honestly the rFactor2 sim experience for me is far superior to the AC platform.
    I am frustrated by the time it takes to get things done by URD and the potential taking so long to be realised and I do wonder how serious they are about rFactor2.
    I highlighted to them in their almost dead forum here http://urd.sandrox.net/ that there was a strange image warping (see attachment) looks like heat haze coming of side of the T5 cars and asked for an explanation or how to fix it.
    Two weeks later their one line response was: Late reply but yes, this is heat haze. Cant be removed from your side.
    To which I responded:
    Never seen this 'heat haze' before in real life or sim racing. Only happens with your rF2 version of T5 - does not happen with AC version.... Looks like a graphics glitch to me. Are you going to fix it?
    That was September and still no response.
    I appreciate URD work but this is payware and you should deliver when you charge people money for a product.
    There are free mod makers that are far more reactive to suggestions and/or fixing problems that are highlighted.
    So URD raise your game in terms of after SALES service to match the quality of your mods - communicate with your customers and at least show you are listening and I for one will continue to support your products because I am not shy to reward hard work and quality work.
    You in turn have an obligation to us customers because you are charging for this product.

Heat haze???????
    If so its wrong: View attachment 18936

2. peevee

peevee Registered

And I will continue....
    So you send us off to your Facebook page as you suggest in this thread and what do i see:
    Redbull X2010 for AC and its free yippee!!! and Going back to LeMans 1999 a Mercedes CLR-GT1 to happen in 2016 and Formula Lights 2015
    Now this is not cool that you are finding time for other projects while still not finishing a product which you have been selling for over a year namely the T5 for rFactor2
    Also the PX stuff is far from ready and the EGT is looking dated since the Flat6 hit the scene.
    And on that note: a year ago URD stuff was the benchmark on rFactor2 for me, although the T5 heathaze bugged me so much I stopped driving it
    Your EGT is good but the Flat6 mod has now raised the GT bar much higher - and EGT is starting to feel neglected
    The PX is good for sure, but this community has been crying out for a good Sportscar/ LeMans car mod for ages- yours are good but the whole package is incomplete with three or four cars promised to PAYING customers in this thread nowhere to be seen and since then SCES have released pretty good renditions of the Porsche and Acura LMP cars
    Again I say I have bought all your stuff for rf2 and AC because I am a fan of your work - but I feel that you are under delivering and best you shape up and deliver or do the right thing and can the rF2 projects and refund those who bought it from you. Then you can focus on AC projects with a clean conscience and without having nags like me picking you out!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

You basically wrote my thoughts peevee

4. JNRRR

JNRRR Registered

None of the cars you mention is a GT3-class race car. The Flat6 represents a 911 cup car (with internal designation 997), the EGT-Mod by URD represents the GTE-class (you can call it also GT2).

5. Thomas Wiesel

Thomas Wiesel Registered

Hi peevee,
    try to edit your player.json with the editor and look for "Heat FX Fade Speed"
    This fixed it for me.

View attachment 18940

Regards,
    Thomas

6. peevee

peevee Registered

Corrected and changed from GT3 to GT - meaning GT style tintops: DTM, GT1, GT2, GT3, Megane Trophy, Porsche Cup...
    The point is that imo the Flat6 feel is now the benchmark for this genre of car - when a year ago it was EGT and T5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  7. peevee

peevee Registered

Thomas thanks for that - worked perfect and can drive these things again!!!

8. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

I learned my lesson too, don't buy a payware mod unless it's finished and the developer wants to update it.

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

All the past experience proves that Aless is a very nice and honest guy, and that he will fulfill his obligations with his clients.
    May be no so fast as we would like, but he will, I have no doubts.

Cheers.

10. CollierT11

CollierT11 Registered

Well said!

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Surely when you buy... you buy the mod in it's current state? You should know when buying WIP stuff (whether it's mods or early access games) that completion is never guaranteed. Now unless you signed legally binding contracts with the dev to say "I promise to give you completed mod by.... etc" then you aren't legally allowed anything?

Things get in the way in development of mods or early access games. You don't like buying promises instead of fully fledged products? Then I guess people should stop buying things that are a WIP. Vote with your wallets.

Any law to say... "you get a refund if <insert situation>" is valid? I am not sure about what happens with international law and policies.

12. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

We all know that modding for rF2 is not easy, however, I have to agree with some of you guys. All I see is URD giving attention to AC only.

13. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

well they are a business, AC has sold more copies unless 292,000 people havent activated on steam yet so they likely get more people buying from that side hence more focus for them and of course its easier to mod for that platform. Its that short end of the stick scenario i guess.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Customer numbers are same on rf2/AC for us but as once sayed-There are 2 cars only released in AC from us and only indy wont come to rF2. While for example we did the C7r as a job work for Kunos it came to rF2. So are many other cars going to come in next months wich will be big benefit to rF2.
    The only differente right now on our cars rf2 vs AC are the sounds. We just get them quicker done there and Sandrox can slightly faster put cars inside there as i can do them now in rf2. Trying to change that thought and keep going the next updates on same release day or atleast few days differente.

15. peevee

peevee Registered

Gentlemen I am not abandoning ship as I have high regard for URD despite some glaring shortcomings on delivery and support for their work - I repeat I have bought all their stuff (apart from the JM Gingerman track) for both platforms rF2 and AC. I am committed.
    And for sure I am not going to hit them with any legal claim on non-delivery, however a year down the line, a lot of silence on the rF2 front, AC gift for rF2 buyers and questions need to be asked.
    As a keen simmer I bought into the beta versions in good faith and my preference is rF2 over AC.
    Having shelved URD stuff for some months I saw this thread and got interested again and my gut feel is that URD projects are among the best out there, but the rF2 development and evolution appears to have stagnated - thus I am making a noise to see if we can get some action on this front and get the mods finished, and importantly that versions continue to evolve as rF2 evolves.
    On that note I have observed that URD appear more committed to the AC cause as they have released stuff, and are working on projects, that seem to be AC exclusive and this is fine - but don't forget the unfinished rF2 work please.

And on another note altogether....
    Earlier in this thread Thomas suggested a very simple fix for the silly heat haze 'graphics glitch' on the T5 mod which sorted out a problem which had made me stop the rF2 T5 altogether despite it being my favourite drive. Graphics problems of any kind bug me big time.
    Now when I informed URD support about this problem in September on their forum here: http://urd.sandrox.net/index.php?threads/graphic-glitch.250/
    The answer I got from Ales was: Late reply but yes, this is heat haze. Cant be removed from your side.
    Wrong Ales! It's a simple Notepad tweak! Question is why did he not direct me to the very simple fix which Thomas pointed out?
    Apologies, but the journo in me always thinks the worst and immediately the question I asked: Did they purposefully hide the fix from me so as to put me off rF2 version of T5?
    If not then why such a useless answer when the fix is extremely simple? I still wonder....

And on yet another note....
    So with 'heat haze' glitch fixed I fired up the T5 and went to ISI Portugal track (Estoril) and the upside was immediately what a blast! Really cool to drive, good looking cars, believable physics and really I am back with the T5 again!
    Oh yes do pop on the T5 Slick (Option) tyres coz they are about 4 seconds a lap faster than the Slicks used in the default setup....
    With the new rF2 benchmark being Flat6, for me, the downside of T5 was: the AI need work as they are a tad stupid and also follow the leader like worms, the T5 needs some FFB work as they feel a little 'floaty' relative to the Flat6 and throw in a few tweaks to encompass and maximise the latest rF2 build elements.

So in conclusion I urge URD to continue their good work - I am a client for the long run - and if the rF2 projects are a 'bridge too far' I suggest you then open source the development to this community or source assistance so as to finish the work in progress, and very importantly continue evolving the projects to keep them up to the dynamic standards of rF2 ongoing and future builds.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

"Now when I informed URD support about this problem in September on their forum here: http://urd.sandrox.net/index.php?thr...ic-glitch.250/
    The answer I got from Ales was: Late reply but yes, this is heat haze. Cant be removed from your side."

Seriusly? Its simple, that is something i have read here first time. I cant know rf2 from every corner. I am available over email and i am helping everybody if i can in minutes and 24/7 and than you post this stuff here.
    Enough is enough now. I am sorry i couldnt help you there. If you guys want to discuss further in this way i suggest to open up topic as now we have here discussion about T5, Flat6 and so on...

17. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Does the EGT mod have the current tyre model that ISI has used to update the Corvette etc ? Personally, and its just my opinion , but if someone is going to market an accessory (mod ) for a product ( game ) , then they should know the product " from every corner ", that way they can advise their customers on how to rectify and problems that have occurred. It happens in any other form of retail practise.

I love the EGT mod, I don't have the T5 mod as it doesn't interest me, but there are a lot of leagues out there running unpaid for versions of the mods , and I don't doubt the same is happening in AC as well. So I understand your situation but surely a tyre upgrade doesn't mean a complete graphics rebuild of a car , just a text file ?? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  18. peevee

peevee Registered

Amen to that

19. UnitedRacingDesign

There were parts in rf2 that didnt worked in the past and were changed. While we/I tested the stuff some didnt work or we didnt know them. ISI does change something sometimes and we dont get specific what is it about.
    For the tires itself, it was noted few times that we had troubles on that and that once we think its ready, we will implent them. In last EGT release we had them "ready" but after tests they failed to give the result we wanted.
    There is something now that is beeing ready and will be released with C7r so you guys can take a look into that. The ISI C7r tires dont fit directly into our EGT cars as the fronts are to small, if i change the radios of them than i "brake" them and they dont work as they should anymore.
    The other thing i have learned in the past with rF2 is that we implent new stuff when they get reliable becase i have updated parts from physics to graphics and were broken later in few builds again and we had to backward.
    "just e text file" that is something like on tires that isnt so easy to fix up. It needs time, alot of understanding, tweaking, testing to be reliable. This arent just few numbers anymore to be changed, especially on tires like in rf1 but far more. :)

20. peevee

peevee Registered

My thoughts exactly - hey but at least Ales is honest and that earns my respect