[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Bernd W.

Bernd W. Registered

Now I´ve got the new version too, thanks to Ales!!! The Aura is great, the mod is getting better and better!

2. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Alo gents, I can't skin a P2 car. P1's and all GT's, are working fine.

If I create the skins folder, it doesn't create an alt.dds as the others do. If I place a skin in the folder, the car uses the name for its default skin, while still showing the original. The arrows remain greyed, as if the folder had not been created.

What am I doing wrong?.

3. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

I had that happen once. I try again and the 2nd time it created the alt folder.

4. ethone

ethone Registered

I think that is because the Loire is not set up like any other car, i.e. doesn't have a .veh-specific skin. I managed to create a new standalone car from the base texture with a separate .veh file as an update file and was then able to use the alt folder of that additional car.
    Since update files to mods don't work in build 998 I'm not sure if that solution is still valid.

5. Slowsle

Slowsle Registered

Same here. I know it's just a patience problem, but I want some P2 skins. Also, am I right in assuming that the Loire 15 is the O....a05? I hope another P2 to battle with is coming soon. I'd have to say that P2 is my favorite category in racing.

6. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

i really hope the rule changes dont effect it. i personally prefer lmp1 because im a porsche fanboy and im not a fan of audi so its nice to watch the two of them. Anyways i really hope that strakka dome gets done soon, that car is just so beautiful.

7. Slowsle

Slowsle Registered

Yeah the P2 manufacturers thing seems pretty rubbish from a fan's point of view. I'm not really sure who it benefits honestly. Is Strakka not racing that Gibson the rest of the year? Mighty, mighty impressive what Porsche has accomplished in just year 2.

8. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

They are, the Dome won't be back. Could be the basis for Strakka's '17 P1 car, though.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I think I heard about this before, the workaround was to have TWO ALT.dds'es - and yeah it's because the original car doesn't use a .veh skin as such, but uses the texture originally asigned the material of the car body.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  10. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

11. ethone

ethone Registered

I have the #46 and #47 liveries ready to go, waiting for the bug with update components to be fixed for the #46 and for a change from Ales to make chrome liveries possible with the #47 (and possibly adjust the colors).

12. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hello,

Not sure if this has already been discussed.... Will the Shiro be as slow as its real life counterpart in this mod or will it be actually worth driving?

13. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

They are going to make them the same as the real life versions(not sure if they will break the nismo gtr lm like in reality). still a good driver can tear apart a bad driver

14. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Yeh, i really liked the look of the quirky nismo however when i heard it was FWD i didn't expect much from it at Le Mans and well.... it was running in LMP1.5 class judging by the times :p

(Not saying FWD cars are bad but when its up against an 4WD R18, and RWD Toyota and Porsche's then i wouldn't think its handling would be the same) But what do i know i've never driven it :D

15. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

everything went to hell with nissan. They were meant to have 8Mj of KERS for the rear tyres but that never happened, they downgraded to 2mJ and couldnt get that to work. then they had tyre problems and im not sure what that was about. Furthermore they still had to run with the hybrid weight penalty

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

And the cars was crazy unstable over kerbs

17. JTninja

JTninja Registered

Doesn't that depend on each individual track and grip files, not the car?

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Not sure what you refer to, but I'm talking about the real life Nismo at Le Mans - it looked horrible through the Dunlop chicane.

19. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Thankyou sir, I now have the beginnings of a skin. Whether I ever finish it or not, is another matter.

Thanks to all who answered and made me feel less alone.. lol.

20. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

does anyone have a good setup with the Aura yet, im trying to perfect my times with it but im still very new to setups.