How to stop screen rotation when steering?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alkotashi, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Alkotashi

Alkotashi Registered

After the last update the most bizarre thing happened; the entire screen image (head rotation?) follows wheel input?! ... if I turn the wheel 180 degrees let's say, the screen image turns 180 deg along with it and is upside down. Ridiculous. Same goes for replays and views from inside AI-cars. Is there a switch in the new PLR/JSON-file I can change to get rid of this or is this some other issue?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's definitely not some sort of feature... check your control assignments. You might somehow have your wheel axis assigned to a camera control.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow that sounds quite absurd. It is definitely some sort of control assignment gone wrong.

4. Alkotashi

Alkotashi Registered

Thanks, I checked all bindings at first but the problem still persisted even with defaults. However, after some trial and error I eventually removed the new player.JSON and replaced it with my oldest backup of player.ini (with the old .ini-extension intact) and all was well suddenly! Unfortunately I still have no idea as to why this happened apart from the fact that I probably changed some parameters for a mod earlier that went horribly wrong in the translation from .INI to .JSON with the new update. I'll post an update if I can remember/find the exact modification and mod.

Anyway, all is OK now so if anyone should come across this problem one solution is to have the original unmodified player.ini-backup at hand :)

5. petibonome

petibonome Registered

Hi,

Not sure but could be this line in player.json

"Leanahead Angle":0,
    "Leanahead Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Good point!
    Alkotashi: You know that Player.JSON will be created new in default if you delete it?

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Yeah, sounds like 'Lookahead', there's a setting in Options too, might be too high in the last settings. But it's good you got it sorted with the new profile.

-via iPad