Palatov D4 NEWS!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The Palatov is the weapon of choice for Atlanta. :D
    The AI is insanely fast. To me it looks like the AI tires have way more grip. Has this something to do with the change to the new CPM tire?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Make sure you using "Sim Hoosier Racing Slick". If AI use "Sim Hoosier Racing Slick", it can be couple of seconds faster then "R Dot".

3. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

Please tell me where you found Atlanta!

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Atlanta Motorsports Park? That would be under downloads, tracks on the official ISI page. :)

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Last Thursday was a testing day at ORP, D2 and D4, but... the PPIHC 2015 is close and the new D2 needs a lot of tests and perhaps we'll add this "street car" to rF2 in the future (??)...

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Track looks dreamy...

7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Today I've got few free time and I surfed looking about the D4. I'm not used to comment what other persons write here and there, sometimes without documenting in advance and/or reading official info I wrote about the car. I also watched several videos and I saw a very good acceptance of this mod by the community and I would inform that we are planning to release in the future an update, but I'm not sure because the car behaves like it must be and it is really difficult improving something that feels very good. I mean, technically we can improve several coefficients into the physical files with the real data we have, but at the same time everything must work at least like now or better and the car must behave like now or better... and it is not easy at all.
    For those people that talk about the cockpit poor quality (and in case contest the matching with the original) without having never seen the real cockpit I would like to explain that each hand made real D4 can have a different locations for the few equipment, so we didn't waste our time into something that is not a standard and we proposed a cockpit with the new steering wheel with paddle and also two options for the dashboard. Look at the comparison between real and sim cockpit. For sure nothing is perfect and we have also here the opportunity to enhance some detail, but I prefer to spend time in improving the physic. Thank you.

View attachment 17139
    View attachment 17140

9. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for that explanation, SloMo. I am always amazed and amused when driving the Palatov. An unusual car that doesn't seem to be on the radar in North America. You've done a masterful job and my hat is off to y'all. Negative comments should not deter your modding philosophy. Thanks again for all the fun and the cool dashboards.

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

can i ask?

has the d4 have CPM enabled now?

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It Does, confirmed by Tim.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Another confirmation:

Doug: Now that the first four cars are out with CPM (the karts, the 427 Cobra, the Palatov, and the v1.63 Dallara) will the stock cars for sure be the next release on the list for CPM, or will the new Nissan SuperGT get the nod first?

SOURCE

13. hak

hak Registered

At Loch Drummond track I'm getting cars floating above track surface slightly. Tried various graphic settings but no difference. URD cars look ok. Anyone else have an issue with these cars?

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

If you are referring (please look at that with attention) to the fact that tires seem not touching the ground, look at them at a closer view and maybe you will notice another thing: the shadow of the car and tires seems to be corrupted. In fact at certain times of the day you can see a big hole in the shadow under the car.

I noticed time ago this issue, but I noticed it only on that track. Of course I didn't test all available tracks, lol... It could be something related to the track, could be... maybe together something more in the car, but I wasn't able to find the why. I'll investigate on it again, but I'm dubious to find what causes it.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

I think i can help in this case.
    The problem is caused by the track and not by the car.
    I took the Skip Barber and had the same result.
    The problem seems to be that the tag "ShadowObject=(Static, Solid)".
    And maybe every kind of "ShadowObject" tag will cause that, and maybe only when bigger objects are tagged that way, that has to be investigated by ISI. :)

But here at Loch Drummond, when i change the SCN Entry:
    MeshFile=UnderShadowBox.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid)...
    into
    MeshFile=UnderShadowBox.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False.....
    the Problem is gone.
    Look at the screenshot:

[​IMG]

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Interesting finding. Wich makes it not easier: some Tracks have this Instance (Instance=UnderShadowBox) and some not. First I thought "ok, older/not updated Tracks, like Loch Drummond, have this Instance, newer not". But this isn`t the case...while e.g. Lime Rock doesn`t have this Instance, Indi 1.3 allready have it...strange.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes you are right.
    And because of that, i made some more tests.
    The result is, that it seems to depend on the size of the Undershadowbox object.

I compared it with the one from the Indianapolis track and resized it to 1/5 of the original size, in width and length.
    And with that resized object, the shadows of the car appeared in a normal way.
    So it's not the "ShadowObject=" tag, it's the size of the object itself, that causes the shadow fault.

BTW does anybody know for what the Undershadowbox is used?

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

We had similar difficulties at Nordschleife where the background image was tagged as shadow caster. Woochoo figured it out some time ago while he was working on Longford.

The undershadowbox should prevent the light shining through gaps in the mesh at dusk/dawn conditions. The new tonemapper hides the problem, because the lighting is now darker at dawn in comparison to the old tonemapper.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Too bad almost every one of this sort of rF2 issue requires re-doing dozens and dozens of pieces of content :(

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

@ Marc's last comment.

Going out on another limb here, as usual......comparing apples to oranges.... with regard to Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.,
    people have written programs that you can run and check the build (such as Joomla, Wordpress, etc) to see if it meets acceptable practices (parameters).

It seems that one of out enterprising coders could write such a program that would allow a track builder to run his or her track thru it and come up with a reasonable list of wrong parameters applying to the current track build.

This would, of course require, adjusting on the fly (by the program writer) newly found parameters (which the community could supply, as they find them) for each new rF2 build required for a successfully rendered track.

This "track validation" program probably wouldn't be free (because of work required in coding), but the better track builders might be able to "gather" required monies (from donations) to fund the purchase.

....just a thought.