[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Why did you rename your player json and its folder? How are you using rF2 without player.josn file at all? I don`t understand.

2. Didier Coquillard

Didier Coquillard Registered

i have changed file's name ;)

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Erm.. There is some miscommunication between us. I understand that you changed your Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor2\UserData\player\player.json file name to some other filename? So there is no player.json now? r2la can not work in rF2 mode without rFactor2\UserData\player\player.json file. Only way for r2la to work without player.json is to turn rF1 mode on in the start form and provide a path to your result folder like this Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results

4. Didier Coquillard

Didier Coquillard Registered

No, i rename correctly player.json and work [emoji106]

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ah, ok, I understand now :)

6. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

With SteamCMD I run different instances of rf2 dedicated. They all have different folder (server1/server1.Json ; server2/server2.json). So I have different settings for each instance. Could be helpful to get this working in a future update. At the moment I don't run any with player.json
    It was recommended by Isi to use different profiles with steamCMD.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

In this case, you can just use r2la DEDI in rF1 mode and provide path to your "results" folder (or any other folder with your .xml files) instead of rfactor2 folder. It will function identically to rF2 mode.

8. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I have yet another little bug report. When I try to use "auto refresh" feature all is ok but when combined with "Remove logs without lap times on refresh" or "Remove logs without drivers on refresh" errors appear:

and errors all over the place. Take a look:
    [​IMG]

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Davvid, thanks for report. I found mistake in code, it will be fixed in next update. Until then the only way to not encounter this is not using "Remove logs without lap times on refresh" or "Remove logs without drivers on refresh" option.

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Love your tool Nibo..... I've had a look back a few pages and couldn't find anyone asking a similar question.

I'm in the process of moving my servers over to steam. We already have championships made in the non-steam servers. Can we simply copy a file over to the steam version so it then takes over from where the non steam leaves us? Really don't want to re-enter all that info again for the championships.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Easiest way to continue with your data is to go to the "Options tab", click "Add directory" and add a path to your new rF2 (steam) install Results folder. Do not delete Results directory from your old rF2 install, so that old .xmls are still accessible.

Other (somewhat risky and untested) way is to copy all your old .xmls to Results folder of a new rF2 version. Then unzip clean new r2la instance, copy r2la_settings.json file (which contains all your championship data) from old r2la folder into new r2la folder, then start this new r2la and after completing first form (enter path to new rF2) go to the options tab and press "Import track associations, championships and server connections", this will import your championships from r2la_settings.json file. But I`m not sure 100% that championships will connect to old .xmls at the new location correctly, they might.
    You can try to do this without removing old .xmls and old r2la, just copying needed files, so you`ll not loose anything if it will not work.

12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thank you Nibo :cool:

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to v2.042

r2la v2.042
    r2la DEDI v2.042

Changelog:
    - Added support for session names "Practice 2/3/4" and "Race 2/3" (Race will be displayed as "Race" in r2la, without 2 or 3)
    - Moved tire compound color-coding to css (file web2py\applications\r2la\static\css\app.css). Default colors will stay based on compound number, but can be changed or overridden based on name with "compound-Compound_Name" class name selectors.
    Class names for tire badges will be automatically added in format "compound-Compound_Name". Default coding for ISI F1 tire compounds added based on 2016 season. You can change or add your own tire compound badge colors at the end of app.css file. If tire compound name contains white-spaces, you should replace spaces with underscore "_". For example, to select Super Soft tire badge, css class selector must be ".compound-Super_Soft"
    - Fixed error when using "Remove logs without lap times" and "Remove logs without drivers" options on refresh.

14. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Excellent, Nibo. Great work.

15. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Thanks a lot.

16. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks, as usual, Nibo

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Great work as usual Nibo!
    However I am just wondering why r2la wont read xml's with driver swaps?? or have you never come across this or is it a log file issue..
    We had a race on the weekend and It has come up with an error View attachment 20155

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats because there is unescaped & symbol at the line 17937 and thats not valid xml:
    Change it to:
    After that, press "refresh" in r2la again.

I would advise to no not use such symbols in mods filenames.

19. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx mate much appreciated!

20. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Have been reading through this thread looking for info regarding the Championship Manager.
    I think it's a bit beyond me.
    I am familiar with the CTDP Championship Manager for rFactor1 but this is totally different.
    I have just installed the FVR V8 Supercars & all the Australian tracks.
    Was hoping to setup a offline series using the 2014 V8 Supecars Calendar.