[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah I see. Sorry guys I was confused because I was looking at...

<Lap num="9" p="14" et="631.4979" s1="29.1212" s2="22.6134" s3="24.4670" fuel="0.008" fcompound="0,Bias-Ply" rcompound="0,Bias-Ply">76.2016</Lap>

...and not the <Position> tag. Makes perfect sense now. Sorry for my misunderstanding (I was also confused because I thought Juergen-BY was Nibo because hard to read on my phone). I will know what to look for next time. Many thanks...

2. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Hi everybody,

There is a problem here with the Log Analyzer. It is mot possible to enter the rfactor2 path.

The path is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2

but when inserted in the form in this way, a message "rfactor not found at this Place" appears.

Is there any trick?

Markus/Germany

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

try this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2"

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Stratoliner, when you enter C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2, r2la checks for path C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 and then for path C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results. If you see message "Could not find rFactor2 at this path. Try again." then any of this two directories does not exist. Are you completely sure they exist? And you are entering path correctly?

I created path C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results and my r2la finds it.
    Also there must be C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\UserData\player\Player.json. But thats next step. You not getting to it through rFactor2 and rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results checks.

Juergen-BY, no, path should be entered without ". Just C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe i know what happened. Stratoliner, did you installed your User Data to another Path?

@ Nibo: what would happen, if the User Data are stored in another Path?

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I didn`t know that moving UserData is possible. How do you do that? If there is no rFactor2\UserData then you will see "Could not find rFactor2 at this path. Try again.".

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You have to decide during rF2 install, where the User Data have to go...

./rfactor2 or ./Documents/...

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don`t know exactly what directory structure it creates if you choose different location for user data. But I guess I need to ask such users to enter path to their \UserData folder. Will make it in new version.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

At least, you`re able to use each folder structure wich you prefer, it`s not fixed/given from the Installer.

For example:

If you`re installing rF2 into "c:\Program Files\rfactor2"

the Installer propose for the User Data: "c:\Program Files\rfactor2\", but you can change this Proposal into e.g. "./Documents/rfactor2/" or whatever you want...

For your nice Tool I guess, it should be enough to give the user the possibility, to change the path of the user data folder

//Edit:

or wait, just read the file /Core/data.path

I guess there is the Path stored, wich is actual used...

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  10. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

hi,

the data path is in another partition, on a different HDD.

Any passibility to fix the Problem?

And thanks to all for the help!

Markus

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

A quick Solution would maybe be to make a Directory Link (UserData) into your rfactor2 Folder, wich is pointing to your UserData Location.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Juergen-BY, thanks for pointing to data.path. It will be easy to patch.

Stratoline, yes, wait for new r2la version in several days. I want to make some more changes.

13. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

My rF2 User Data in on a second HDD and to make r2la work i had to point to that data folder not the main rF2 folder.

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Well actually, yes, that would work. Enter path that is stored in your rFactor2\Core\data.path file (open it with text editor). So, Stratoliner, you can try it too until new version.

15. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Great!, it works now!

Thank you

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just FYI that I have examples where Race fastest laps (by lap) is not reporting for every lap. Not a showstopper for me and haven't looked at .xml yet but wanted to report in case you wanted to know. Will be happy to look at .xml and/or provide to you if helpful...

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe we found misleading table name again. Because "Race fastest laps (by lap)" only show laps with laptimes that are faster then previous race fastest, i.e. Race fastest laps, not lap fastest times.
    I had this idea in the past to make separate table with fastest lap times by lap for all laps. But then I forgot about it... I can try to include it in new update now.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Makes sense.

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just wanted to say very cool how you sort track records by time. Gave me somewhat of an automatic "ranking" of historic vehicles. :cool:

[​IMG]

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yeah, that was the idea. Especially useful for mods with one class but different manufactures, like GT3 or proper F1 mods like 1992 Historic Edition or F1 2013.

New version. I made another section - "Hotlaps". Its a collection of your best times for cars on predetermined set of tracks. You can upload your times to server and see your relative position to best time. Idea is close to rf2rank but I do not pretend to compete with it. Its just convenient way to share your lap records through r2la.
    For now only cars with new CPM available. And I choose only best quality and legally available tracks (mostly ISI`s). List of tracks for every car may be expanded when new, quality tracks will be released.
    View attachment 16786

https://www.mediafire.com/?y2hu80ug749vbil
    2.029:
    Introduced Hotlaps
    Fixed error when opening archived challenge
    Added start and finish positions to challenge results
    Added support for cases when User Data was installed separately. Always enter your main rFactor2 path in r2la prompt. If your user data path is installed separately, it will be picked up automatically
    "Race fastest laps (by lap)" table now shows best times for all laps, with race best times highlighted in purple
    Added number of laps on which driver was fastest to "Race fastest laps (by driver)" table
    Fixed bug in "Session history" view, not all laps were shown previously
    Added stint average lap time, lap fuel consumption, stint average lap fuel consumption and estimated number of laps on full tank with this stint avg. lap fuel consumption to "Stints" view
    "Stints" view now also available for Race sessions

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015