[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Nibo :) !

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Terrific! :cool: Thanks :D

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Damn, found a bug when merging records from identical tracks, if .xml of a "child" track was created later then .xml of a "parent" track.
    This will trigger rewrite of a whole "refresh" function. So working on a new version already...

4. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

XML will not show

Can anyone please tell me why the analyzer will not open this XML or any that use this vehicle mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/?nv0vjjfwileozfb

Many Thanks

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Because there is empty tag <CarNumber></CarNumber>. I will make a patch and upload new version in the next few days.

6. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Many Thanks Nibo

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

https://www.mediafire.com/?5c5tz9tumck8oqb

Fixed error when merging records from identical tracks, if .xml of a "child" track was created later then .xml of a "parent" track
    More speed optimizations
    Fixed error if .xml has empty CarNumber tag
    Added "Please wait..." pop-ups where possible
    Added number of found log files near "Refresh" button

8. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Thanks

Many Thanks Nibo, will give it atry

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks, Nibo :)

10. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Works perfectly Nibo Thanks again

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Hello, Nibo:)

I am getting issue where logs seem to be getting mixed. This xml is displaying 33 drivers (with drivers 11-33 being DNS) when only 9 AI were selected and only 10 drivers were in in-game monitor and in this file...

View attachment 16556

Here are other xml files from today...

View attachment 16557

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yeah... The problem is this. On click on any "race" log I need to find corresponding "qual" log for this race. rF2 .xml files have no info in them about which Qual log belongs to which Race log. So on click on Race log I iterate over every log created this day before this Race log in search of ...Q1.xml and the first that was found is selected as Qual log for this race. This works in almost any case. Except like yours, when you have 1 Race run with Qual session, and then later several other races without Qual sessions.
    Solution from my side might be at least adding check that Race and Qual logs have the same track tag. But it will not help if races were run on the same track.
    From your side, you can remove that Qual log (2015_05_03_06_51_01-55Q1.xml) and then it will no longer "interfere" with other race logs. Also you can run "mandatory" Qual session before every Race, then every Race log will "catch" its own Qual log. Even skipping Qual in game by pressing "Next Session" will be ok, it will still create .xml (I always do this).

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Got it. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation :)

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated compare view with best sectors and possible time, now there is more useful stuff to compare :)
    View attachment 16621

Also I`m finishing work on test version of Offline Challenges. You will run them offline in "Race" mode, with or without AI, like "10 laps of Silverstone in Cobra" etc. It will work like online challenges in Dirt Rally do, only through r2la interface.
    It would be nice if people actually wanted to participate. It will be very easy. You`ll get pages with active and archived challenges, their results and submit your results with one click in real time. It will be using external server to connect to database.
    We could set up any conditions we like for upcoming challenges, start-end date, tracks, cars, distances, allowed aids. Run 1-3 of them weekly.

Here is how it will look:
    View attachment 16622 View attachment 16620

Will somebody be interested in this idea? I can set up separate page in "Leagues" section later if this idea catches on.
    But first I need to finish it, upload new r2la version and we should test.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

OMFG this is what I've been dreaming of forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit - I'd like to see this thread in General Discussion to get more attention...

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Possible improvement idea (only if makes sense ; just an idea) = Add (some of) summary data points (i.e. columns, such as RLaps, Start, Finish, etc.) from combo view to Results Viewer view. Again just an idea that popped into my head, in part since Remove buttons are only in Results Viewer view and additional columns in that view would help identify files to remove, etc.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

https://www.mediafire.com/?vdi5ppdiv898wnk
    2.027:
    Offline challenges
    Added track check when searching for Qual logs for selected Race session
    Added best sector times and possible time to "Compare all logs for this car and track" view
    Added best sector times and possible time view to "Results viewer" when selecting multiple logs

So now we can participate in Offline Challlenges. I created 3 now, they will run whole week till 18 may. Feel free to upload your results.
    Offline Challlenge is a great way to have competition if you can not participate in online races (for whatever reason: busy schedule, timezones mismatch...). You can run them at the time of your choice during the day or week.
    All you need to do after the race, "refresh" your r2la (importing new .xml) and from the "Offline challenges" page, "Submit" your result.

There are red and green dots on each Challenge panel near important in-game settings that need to match (car and track need to match too, of course, but they do not have dots). If the dot is red, then your in-game setting does not match challenge requirement. If you run race with wrong ingame settings, parameters in results .xml wil not match, and you will not be able to submit such time.
    Do not forget to set up your favorite real road setting for race session.
    You can run races with or without AI as you prefer, but with AI you might be slower.
    You can re-run races many times and upload your better result during whole time Challenge is in progress if you wish.
    I will probably make a separate thread tomorrow to invite more people to participate.

View attachment 16638 View attachment 16639

P.S.R., I understand what you mean, but that table is getting really dense with long track and car names like "ASR Formula OWC 92 Venturi-Lamborghini", and I don`t want to overcrowd it... May be I`ll think of something. May be I will add removing logs to compare view in next updates.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  18. argo0

argo0 Registered

This is really, really good. So easy to use, and so much well presented information. The challenges are a great idea. Thanks very much. It's simply brilliant.

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Going to try this as soon as I get home. And makes sense regarding the table being dense.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Nibo, this is really close to perfect. I mean so close I wouldn't change a thing. Keep it simple. Have fun. Not too many settings to fuss about. Really quite perfect....

Great combos, too :cool: