[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Manage your rF2, Le Mans Ultimate (or rF1, Automobilista) xml log files. Detailed exportable session reports. Track records collection. Hotlap competitions.
    DEDI mode to host r2la on your server for your community.

Now with Live Timing.

Includes Championship Manager to manage offline championships with AI or online league championships.
    Championship manager features:
    • manage your online league championships or offline championships with AI
    • support for teams and classes
    • teams can be automatically selected from CarType, CarClass, TeamName, VehName tags or created and assigned manually
    • classes can be automatically selected from CarType, CarClass, TeamName tags or created and assigned manually
    • support for drivers moving between teams and classes at different races during championship
    • customizable points system for 50 places, points-for-all option, plus bonuses for pole position, fastest lap, one lap led and max laps led
    • points presets for all major racing series included
    • driver statistics for championship
    • car statistics selectable by CarType, CarClass, TeamName, VehName tags
    • customizable minimum distance for classification, number of team cars that awarded points, number of worst driver results in championship that won`t be counted
    • support for manual race points override, in case of penalties, disqualifications, custom bonuses, etc.
    • export of championship tables to html
    • transfer your championships between r2la versions by importing r2la_settings file
    • if racing with AI, you have to ensure by yourself consistent driver names and performances at every race during championship
    • do not delete .xml logs that you assigned as results for races in championship, they are accessed every time you browse championship

How to use:
    1. Download latest: rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.026

x64 version (use when you have long logs files and memory errors): rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.026-x64
    Last Python2 version (old): rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.45

2. Unzip "rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.x" folder somewhere.
    3. Run r2la.bat. Small cmd window will pop-up, local web server will start.
    4. Open address http://127.0.0.1:8000/ in your favorite browser (IE is not supported).
    5. When running app for the first time, enter a full path to your rfactor2 folder in the form provided.
    6. When you finished working with r2la, you can close local web server window.
    Note: Some actions, like importing log files for the first time or deleting log files may take about 30 seconds. Please, wait.

Look for DEDI readme.txt file in archive for DEDI mode instructions.
    Look for How to update.txt file in archive for instructions on how to move to newer version of r2la.

Steam Guide for rFactor2 Log Analyzer
    Using r2la in Linux with WINE (thanks to user FuNK! for posting)

Warning: Automobilista can remove old log files from its Results directory automatically. There is "Number Race Results" option in PLR file. Set it to bigger value if you want to keep all your log files.

Changelog:
    2.1.026:
    • Added position column color coding for endurance car classes from Le Mans Ultimate and rF2 (Hyper, LMP1, DPi, LMP2, LMP3, GTE, GT3, ES_LMP2, ES_GTE, ES_LMP3) in Results Viewer reports and Track Records tables. Custom championship classes will override this color coding in championship race reports.
    • Added automatic unique CSS class name to position badge element based on car class. For example: "uk-badge-class-Hyper". Optionally set css class colors in app.css file to customize car class color badges.
    2.1.025:
    • Fixed tire wear not showing for Le Mans Ultimate logs.
    2.1.024:
    • Added support for Le Mans Ultimate root folder path. Added LMU track names for default track flags assignment.
    2.1.023:
    • Added filter by track name or by server name to log selector pop-up when assigning log files to championship races.
    2.1.022:
    • Fixed an error with abnormal log files when there is best lap time present, but no per lap data for driver.
    • Added optional iframe to Live Timing page above timing table. Can be used to embed animated track maps from other live timing plugins, for example. Look for new options in live_timing_settings.json: "show_iframe" - set to 1 to turn iframe on, "iframe_src" - link to your page to appear in iframe, "iframe_style" - iframe style css options can be added to scale iframe content on page (for example, "height:300px; width:300px; transform: scale(0.75);"). If you have multiple servers on Live Timing page, iframe will be the same for all of them.
    2.1.021:
    • Improved incident count in race reports for vehicle contacts. Vehicle contacts with self are ignored. Contacts between two cars count as one for each car instead of two for each car before.
    2.1.020:
    • Added championship option "Hide event columns in standings tables".
    2.1.019:
    • Added optional columns to Records tables: Car Type, Car Class, Team Name, Category, Fuel (in percent, at the end of the record lap, if available).
    • Added "Clone Competition" button for Dedi competitions.
    2.1.018:
    • Added position (numeration) column to records table on Track Records page.
    • Added options to hide Championship and Competition buttons in top menu for non-admin users.
    • Added "Show both driver vehicle and team name in driver standings" championship option.
    2.1.017:
    • r2la will now log only first 100 "contacts with immovable" for each driver per session, to avoid memory problems with logs with "junk" contact entries.
    2.1.016:
    • Added time gap for lapped cars that finished to Time/Retired column in Race Results table.
    2.1.015:
    • Fixed an error on "refresh" if driver has BestLapTime tag value, but no Lap tags.
    2.1.014:
    • Fixed a bug in car identifier selection for GT3 cars.
    • Added latest S397 track names to automatic country/flag id database.
    2.1.013:
    • Added an option to add Google site verification content string on Options page. It will be added to "meta" tag on every page.
    • Added a link to result report for competition results.
    2.1.012:
    2.1.011:
    • Added .cellbg_top5, .cellbg_top10 css classes for cell backgrounds for top5, top10 finish positions and .cell_fin_pos class for finish position text span in cell top left corner in Championship Standings table.
    • Added team_standings and driver_standings css classes to standings tables.
    2.1.010:
    • Added option "Show AI driver percentage in session header and AI icons near driver names in session results".
    • Added warning message when log file contains multiple Driver tags with the same name.
    2.1.009:
    • Championship option "Team with this name will receive no points" is extended to: "or teams with names containing this substring". This is to enable no points option for multiple teams.
    2.1.008:
    • Added filter to Track Records pages. Filter records on page by car Category, CarType, CarClass, TeamName, session name, server name, date range.
    2.1.007:
    • Added "Show records only after date" option to Options page. Default off. If turned on, r2la will only find track records after set date.
    2.1.006:
    • Added "Team" column to tables on "Fuel/Tires" tab in session reports.
    2.1.005:
    • Tracks that are connected to other tracks are now hidden in selector on Records page.
    2.1.004:
    • Added "Team points through season" graph to Championship Stats page.
    2.1.003:
    • Fix for error in Competitions when some log file has empty TeamName tag.
    2.1.002:
    • More utf-8 fixes.
    2.1.001:
    • Fixed an error when championship option "Reverse race order display in standings tables" is on.
    2.1.000:
    • Ported application from Python 2.7 to Python 3.10. Latest web2py.
    • Added optional pagination to Results Viewer. Greatly increases Results Viewer page performance when number of log files is high. Default is off, 100 logs per page. You can turn it on and set number of logs per page on Options page or using drop-down menu on Results Viewer page.
    • Drivers with empty Name tag in xml now assigned "Noname Driver1", "Noname Driver2", etc, names inside r2la (not changing xml file itself).
    • r2la should now correctly display all utf-8 symbols found in xml (umlauts, etc).
    • Improved Help page.
    2.058.45:
    • Added automatic color badges to car class names and colors to position circles in LiveTiming table when number of car classes in session is more then 1 (and less then 9). Colors are hardcoded.

1.jpg 2.jpg live_2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Nice one. I love the tool and these screens look fantastic. I'll have to dive in and explore in the morning. Cheers Nibo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Wait...what? This seems like what I have been dreaming of my entire life! Detail analysis PLUS HISTORY!!! Man, how nice it would be to use a single tool instead of multiple tools. Yes! I'm going to be all over this tonight!

Thanks, Nibo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atomed likes this.
  4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Walked straight in the door and right past my wife and kids as if they weren't there and straight to the man cave and BAM! Yes! LOVE it! I will now live in your SW. So nice to have history and stats together. Thanks again :D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m glad that its useful :)

atomed likes this.
  6. matf1

matf1 Registered

I'm not sure a lot of people know about it... Or this section of the forum.

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Well, after having a good play with it, I must thank you greatly. It's nothing less than fantastic across the board.
    I love statistics so any expansion in that area would be most welcome, but aesthetically and functionally, it's perfect. :D

Do I need to concern myself with the backing up the database, maybe an import/export function on that?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

App itself offers only representation of your rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results folder. So, to not loose anything you can make backup of this folder regularly.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just in case you are looking for possible enhancements it would be great if possible to highlight my name wherever it appears of course you would have to ask for and store my real name and alias in order to identify me in the data. Any cross-session views for a combo would be great too. For example, I'd like to compare the number of drivers, MY GridPos (again would require you to know who I am) my Pos, my BestLapTime, my total race time (without having to do gap math), the SessionBestLapTime for the session I just completed to prior sessions with the same combo. Combining all this with personal best result and personal best time and lap record into a view like the Session Summary described here...

http://professionalsimracing.com/20...-summary-with-simresults-net-filter-by-combo/

... with ability to drill/link to session detail would be epic.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I already know users real name and nick name from player.json file. So, you should see your name highlighted in bold in results tables.
    I will think about special view to compare all sessions with similar car/track. Can not promise when or if I`ll succeed to do this.

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah Ok sorry not sure how I missed name highlighting. Thanks.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I don't have the tool with me right now but is there a way to see my personal best lap time and personal best race result and whether I set a new personal best?

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not explicitly. But if you set your personal lap record today, then in "track records" this track will be at the top of the list and you will see red label "today" near this lap record, making it easy to see new lap records.
    May be I`ll add label "new lap record" in results viewer somewhere...

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your tool, works fine and a very convenient way of storing and perusing lap times.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah sorry I assumed lap record could be someone else's time so if is my PB then perfect.

16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks Nibo for your tool, it seems do and show everything possible. cheers

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

So it builds an array each time it loads?

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Sounds like it stores data but nothing extra so if you back up your xml files you are good. b/c it can reload them anytime like it does the first time if there is an issue and files are corrupted or lost. So the refresh only brings in new xml files but you probably delete the database or something in the event of an issue and it will load everything again or something like that.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`ve decided basic principle for app to be mirroring/representing users UserData\Log\Results folder. Because else, it may become a mess and mismatch between what you see in analyzer list (and lap records) and what you have in your folder.
    But for optimization I parse all .xml files when you first start the program and store them already parsed in db. Then on every call to "Results viewer" page I show list of already parsed .xml files.

Short answer is yes, it works like a real time representation, but with some caching for speed. But you still have to press "refresh" button to load new .xml files and to check if any of them were deleted to provide synchronization (this is also for speed, so that on every page call it didn`t traverse log folder).

atomed likes this.
  20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sweet design :D