Slowdown after Build 946?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by James Kirk, Apr 10, 2015.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So how you explain I didn't have problems with build 930 but now I had to turn Sim Processor Thresh off to get rid of stuttering/short screen freezes on some tracks?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What exactly do you mean by "off" ?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sim Processor Thresh=255

4. stonec

stonec Registered

I explained it already. Multi-threaded physics were turned off in build 946 because it caused problems to loads of people (something with Nvidia driver). Build 930 had them on by default.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

... some people just don't read messages apparently :p

I said, I had no problems in build 930 (when multi-threaded physics were on by default as you say). After I updated to build 946 I turned them on, because they were off by default (Sim Processor Thresh=3). After I had pretty bad stuttering with EGT mod in Spa I set Sim Processor Thresh=255 and the stuttering was gone. My question was why build 946 introduced this problem for me when I didn't have such a problem in build 930?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A clean build 946 has Sim Processor Thresh":255

So your 'turning it off' was setting it how it's supposed to be in 946, hence fixed.

*Sorry, just reading your posts again I think you're aware of that... I can only guess the same setting now causes issues because they maybe tried changing the code a bit to fix the issues people were having, and didn't put it back the way it was before releasing 946 which is basically assumed not to use it.

So I think the intention is you just leave it on 255, as per pre-930, and wait for it to be fixed.

7. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

Turning it to 3 actually made it ten times worse.

UPDATE: Just turned it off again and actually, so far so good....will update as I progress.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. James Kirk

James Kirk Registered

Unfortunately the problem is back. Am convinced it is something in the build which is not getting on with my DualShock 3 controller when in use. It's fine when having an AI run round but as soon as I want a go - nope.

9. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

I suffer a similar problem as Ekimelyobo.

Slowdowns and cars warping a few feet backwards and forwards on track when driving, but not when spectating.

I'm using triple screens and never had any problem with build prior to 946.

It doesn't matter if I turn all settings to low or of.

RF2 is online not playable for me because of the danger that I'm hitting someone.

Edit:
    The purple bar is full horizontal

Afterburner:
    CPU load is at 46% at 45deg
    GPU load is at 96% 60deg
    Used ram is around 1300mb
    and vram is around 2200mb

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

what happens with one monitor?

11. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Less purple bar (80%) and stutters but still there.

My system still falls out of real time somehow.

I never ever had this kind of problem where my system falls out of realtime this has to be the build and not my pc or drivers (did that done that been there)

12. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

As soon physics are kicking in, for example when everybody hit the brakes in first corner after the start, my system go's in slow-motion until everybody has past me and everything is normal till the next corner.

So I tried this old trick without result.

SIMULATION RUNNING IN SLOW MOTION!
    Some device drivers can’t handle a quick FFB update rate, so use the ‘skip updates’ hack in controller.ini (open with notepad):
    Skip updates=”0″ // (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have you adjust processor thresh in the player file as the build notes for 946 suggested?

14. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Can I ask why your using MSIAfterburner?

15. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Yes I did.

Just for monitoring not for tweaking. everything is stockspeed :p

16. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Just reinstalled 930 and ques what ????

I'll still have the purple bar maxed out BUT !!!!!
    In a offline session with 45 ai, full i-candy, on Le Mans track, triple screen and multi view enabled, I get a little hiccup and 40fps at the start after that my fps go's up and I have no stutters anymore...????

BTW the 45 is the same amount of driver that will participate the 24 our race at http://www.online-motorsport.com/

17. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I was also using MSIAfterburner for monitoring but it gave me BSODS after a while and is apparently known for causing issues.
    Not saying it has anything to do with your ailment,just giving you a heads up....

18. Spalynx

Spalynx Registered

Hi,

It happens for me as well. Everything goes fine except the other cars, even with all settings to the minimum. I was considering to buy the activation but if can`t solve this I won't do it.

In know my CPU (an Intel Pentium J2900 @ 2.41GHz) is not a very good one but it performances better than the minimum requirement and it is similar to the recommended one: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=912&cmp[]=2173&cmp[]=955

My GPU is ASUS GTX750-PHOC, which I think it is enough for one screen, but as I've read, it seems that it is not a PC related issue.