Karts v1.14 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In the game I create virtual rides but one isn't showing up. Again.

2. Justy

Justy Registered

Hi, not really sure if this is a bug as such, but just in case. I've noticed that the FFB feels significantly heavier when using the faster steering ratio options for both the F1 and Junior Karts. This causes quite violent oscillations through the FFB, which are not present when using the Slow steering ratio. Reducing the FFB Multiplier and disabling the minimum steering torque setting reduces this effect, but it's still there faintly. Generally it seems to start happening when the Kart slides, but sometimes it will do it when travelling in a straight line too.

This is with a T500rs, with all driver settings at default.

As I say, I don't know if this really counts as a bug or not, but just putting it out there.

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that the AI have come close, quite a few times to flipping the F1 Karts. However I haven't tried experimenting with their strength and aggression settings as yet, but they do this with a default 100% Strength and 25% Aggression.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

So... just putting this out there...I love the Junior Karts.

105% AI at Mountain Peak Long. One awesome thing I noticed about these Karts was that there was no particular corner where I was significantly faster, but every corner there were little gains to be made on the AI drivers. Which meant that I could race nose to tail for 15 laps. That is a great thing, which I don't find very often, if at all in a sim. Such a truly great combination.

In terms of addition setup options I'd like to play with.

Axle stiffness: Hard/medium/soft
    Centre bearing: in/out (on rear axle)
    Rear hub length: Adjustable
    Rear crash bar: loose/tight
    Front crash bar: loose/tight

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Perhaps because the tuning screen works properly now, I just noticed that the kart supposedly has driver of 158 kg weight!!!! I hope that's a typo/glitch and in reality it is 158 lbs., or about 72 kg. A 158 kg person wouldn't even fit in the kart and would obviously ruin the handling/performance as well.

Does anyone know what the real driver weight is?

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

That is very likely the weight of driver and Go-Kart combined ;)

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You are correct. I wasn't looking carefully!

7. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Hello,

Sorry for the apparently weird question about the elephant in the room, but how do you change gear in those karts? It doesn't seem to work, I found no video nor any discussion on this.
    Junior karts have a single speed gearbox, I've seen that, but in the case of the F1 karts changing gears is clearly mentioned on the website and in change logs, so I must be missing something obvious.

Any help?

8. crz

crz Registered

The ISI F1 kart also has a single speed gearbox. There is a third party shifter kart mod out there, maybe you are mixing up the change logs?

9. Justy

Justy Registered

I do not see anything mentioned in the changelogs or on the profile page. In fact it explicitly says both are single speed gearboxes. However you can adjust the gear ratio in both variants. Maybe you are confusing that? Or as crz already mentioned, you might be confusing the 3rd party shifter kart mod, with the ISI one. :)

10. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

This from the download page pretty much gives it away:
    The single speed gearbox is in the part that describes the junior kart, though if badly written it may apply to both, I suppose it must be the case then, and the last sentence probably dates from before taking the decision to limit those kart to one gear - which then prevents us to actually "extract the maximum of the karts" ;). In the last log, there was a mention of gearbox friction, I guess it's just the clutch.

I'll check mods then, that's a shame, they're so much more exciting with a proper gearbox.

Thanks for confirming though, I would've hated to miss something :)

11. Justy

Justy Registered

They are referring to the gear ratio you can adjust in the karts setup, i.e. it's important to have it set correctly for the track being raced. Although I understand where the confusion has come from, the part about the single speed gearbox, isn't referring to just the Junior variant.

The Junior Kart is mentioned in that sentence to highlight the fact it only has rear brakes.

I agree though, that could perhaps have been worded better or made clearer, but guess that's splitting hairs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  12. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey Redglyph, we have you covered mate!
    In the remote content tab in your launcher, download and install HALFORDS STAFF CHRISTMAS GO KARTING TROPHY.

It's the latest ISI karts (possibly some small changes) with a 6 speed box.
    I'll see you in a few weeks aye?

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Are you alive, Mat? I haven't seen you on Steam in a month or two...

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

He is a demon in karts.

He tried for a hour to rookie train me............lol

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Me and Mat have had a few good, close races in karts ;). Great guy to race against.

We used to play RF2 and SCE fairly often through Steam but all of a sudden he disappeared for a long while. I thought something may have happened to him. Good to see he's most likely alive and kicking though.

16. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Ah, that makes perfect sense now! Thanks a lot for the clarification! :)

Yep,I had seen that and had already tried it, and it's just great!
    You made my day :D

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Two questions for all the kart fanatics.

Are the AI F1 karts relatively "fast" in comparison to the AI Junior karts? Any track I go to on Practice, within a few laps I am at or near the top of the time standings with the Juniors at 100%. Opposite for the F1 karts at 100%. After a few or even moderate number of laps, I am still at or near the bottom. Could be my lack of skill, but I find the difference pretty dramatic.

Is it easily possible to do a mod of an even more junior kart? Something that would have 75% to 80% of the power and grip of the current Junior kart, but all else the same? I am thinking it could be useful for children as a trainer.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sweet idea, like rental kart style (lawnmower engine, slow-as-heck, public family type), or a detuned version of the junior kart, or just a slower category kart all-together like the ones 8-year-olds and such race. Although building a new kart from scratch is much more work so maybe just a detuned Junior kart would suffice.

Some more "performance oriented" public karting places actually run detuned real karts rather than the lawnower engine, cheap, family/public style ones. I was at an awesome outdoor one in Ontario when I worked (and competed in) an F2000 school. You can use a throttle stop, rev limiter, and other means to detune. I'm not sure how this one particular place did it but I know they did.