Karts v1.14 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Then why do the karts show regular suspension items in the garage menu?

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Uhh...I'm a bit lost here, what does this have to do with chassis flex in the replay? You mean the locked out springs and dampers, that you can't touch? A chassis that flexes (which that and tyre flex is all the karts have for suspension) would technically have a spring rate...how much force required to move the chassis a set distance.
    The dampers are set at 1...you would think that would indicate a fixed amount of natural damping. Packers at 0.0. All I can see adjustable is ride height.

I'm only making slightly educated guesses here, someone else may know more.

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I think chassis flex wouldn't count as springs in the garage menu, but I might be wrong here.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

There are some chassis specific adjustments in the Advance tab in the garage menu (plus some we can't see yet). Seat Stays, Side bars etc. I haven't messed around with these setting though. I'm fairly certain that all ISI cars which have been released/updated, since the Historic Howston cars, have chassis flex.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, the new kart actually has the setup option, they're just not selectable in UI (doh).

6. 88mphTim

Every vehicle released and updated since we started having chassis flex in releases and updates, has had chassis flex in it's release and update. :)

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Thanks that's reassuring to hear. Also will active driver body weight shifting be added sometime?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

yeah hes right, makes them more predictable to drive, and thus easier. Not sure if it made the huge difference the hype gave it, but its progress.

10. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Did Tim mention the AC 427 yesterday or am I just dreaming? :)

11. 88mphTim

Terence actually made a formula of some sort that uses your steering input and the Gs to do that, so probably will never be manually done, no.

12. 88mphTim

Decent video that did highlight the changes, but he never got really close to the limit to feel the subtle physics most (including him with more track time and faster AI, which I think was on about 95%) would feel. :)

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We'd all love manual body-weight shifting, but how on earth could it be implemented on any of today's controllers or sim rigs?

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Spent few hours yesterday (or should say today actually). Driving and testing till 4-5 AM. Changing pressures, toes, ride heights, weight distributions etc. The difference is mostly felt when driving on the absolute ragged edge. It's still noticeable when driving 90% of car's performance (which looks fast still but usually it's the last 1-2 % that you try to extract when you feel all the magic in process). Tried driving like a madman, then Button mode. First thing that's noticeable is the difference in handling between cold and warm tyres. The difference was lesser, smaller before. Sure it was mostly just more stable with tad more grip when tyres got to the right temperature level. Now getting your tyres working in a proper temp window is essential to get this thing working. It's like off on switch with gradual increasement. Working a kart and gradually building up the temps then finally starting to push for the absolute time attack. Love it. Love it.

15. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

With oculus rift you have 3d head position... That would be awesome!! Anyway i really like the new version of the kart!!

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm sure talking, joking and racing at the same time isn't easy.
    But you're right, he didn't exactly use all of the track most of the time... ;)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How does the controller distinguish between head position and body position? I have used a head cam system, and it works wonderfully for looking around as you would in real life. Not aware of any connection to body lean or movement?

18. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

Well i don't know you, but i'm quite sure your head is attached to your body! And your ass is "attached" to your seat... And your hands are "attached" to your wheel... I think the body can't go far way...

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

LOL, I get your humour, but I am very capable of moving my head without moving my body and vice versa and moving them in harmony with each other. How does the controller distinguish which is which?

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

why can't i see my virtual wheel? i'm sure it's me doing something wrong but still. Sure i can set fov up to 60+ and see the wheel but then i've got some sort of viseye view.
    seat adjustment aint working (not possible irl also so good) which would also do the trick.
    this all is on triple screen setup using multi view and with other cars i use a fov from ~30 and all is okay.

certainly no game stopper for me but would be nice if i could see the wheel. So please any idea or trick would be appreciated.