[REL] [Virtua_LM] Sebring International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by MonSum, Apr 5, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I just want to go on record saying that my FPS is lower on this build or on Sebring not sure which as Sebring is only track I am driving.

Different topic...is anyone else driving Club layout? AI seem to get really slow around start/finish and I am passing them easily there. Car I am driving is Spark F2 so maybe some training is in order but I've never had to do that before and hope for others' sake that AIW for layout is fixed is there is an issue. Also I should say that AI path seems severe around start/finish also like they are going wide and then narrow if that makes any sense.

Edit - AI learning didn't solve it and AI is definitely braking at the start/finish. I guess I'll check back in when next version is released...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Testing with 970 GTX... same low fps events at pit entrance, no better than my 770 GTX at Sebring. Didn't matter whether it was a single car or with 9 opponents :(

High fps events are +64% with a single car and +27% with 9 opponents. :eek:

For comparison, over on Indianapolis, low & high fps events are +70% with 9 opponents. So, yeah, that's weird! Something about the Sebring pit entrance that's unlike other tracks. Does it mean a bandwidth or cpu limit rather than a gpu limit?

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It's sth how VLM tracks are built because I just loaded up Mid Ohio 2.01 to check this out... ABSOLUTELY the same story as with Sebring 2.0. 30 fps avg.

And what's funny it doesn't matter how low or how high all my settings are set. It's the same no matter what. I load Loch Drummond up the next second after going all max again and solid 60. So it's bad.

Gigabyte 930 OC and I feel like I'm driving with my old 260 GTX.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Marc I use also AMD. In detail 2 x R290x with default Crossfire Profile and MultiView.
    I Overclock the cards a little bit but I use the default (silent BIOS) of the cards. I'm very happy with the cards and have very very less problems with performance or stuttering.
    Try to set default settings in CCC to Maximum Performance or activate the OC Function in CCC and try to raise the Clock to around 1090 Mhz and Memory to around 1450 Mhz that should work with a stock card without overheating them. I use this settings also on my system.
    I noticed a difference in performance with this settings.

I use only the rF2 ingame gfx settings I mean no AA or something else except the Flip queue size (Reduced to 1) is applied via CCC.

Maybe it helps you also.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sun occlusion? No higher AA levels that you used to have? Time for a new default PLAYER.JSON file for you :) Just keep your old one backed-up, but I would go default and do a "clean install" of NVIDIA drivers, making sure ALL old versions are completely expunged from your system. That means it restarts in generic VGA mode only because it can't find any driver.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Check your installation as many have suggested (video driver, player.json, clean install). With a GTX 770 I run Sebring against 29 AI (night or day), I have Maxframerates= 65 in Json, for my 60 hz monitor without noticing anything wrong.

Hope you'll find the root of your problem.

Cheers.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Just had a look at your sys specs. A dual core E8400 coupled with a 970 GTX is a strange combination. :eek:

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks. How do you set flip queue size in CCC? I have never seen that option and thought you needed to use a third party utility to do it.

10. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Yup. Search for it. It is there and set to false by default. Now whether it actually does anything without enabling ambient occlusion in the Nvidia settings I dunno. Didn't bother to test all that but hopefully I'll will soon. Cheers.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It is, isn't it? It's just this weird moment in upgrading PC when you have the most important (for me) component and the rest is coming soon-ish. By the end of may it should be all new inside. New cpu, mobo, ram. I know that my cpu and ram and 2.0 slot gives me a very very narrow bottleneck. However rF2 is one of the apps that I use that gained the most just by changing my GPU. I would never ever even considered going over medium settings and some features switched off and still sometimes didn't get 60 fps on well optimized tracks. Now I can go crazy with settings and get solid 60 mostly at ISI tracks. VLM track on the other hand are the opposite. No matter what settings I use I get awful fps. That will be fixed once I get the rest of the parts and do the fresh install when the next build comes out and I think it will come out before I get the rest of my new PC.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Please post your results when you have upgraded your system and you unleash the power of the 970 GTX. :D

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I'm running 780ti in SLI with an i7 3770K@4.2 and I have similar issues with Mid Ohio and latest Sebring. Game reports solid 60fps but it looks choppy in places. Hadn't tried Mid Ohio for yonks but last time I raced it, it ran flawlessly (in 3D even). That was quite a lot of builds ago mind you. Every other track runs flat out smooth. Something seems rather wierd with VLM tracks and my machine I must say.

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Well now with AIW issues on Club layout I have switched to South Shore and can say I can run that 100% fully maxed 8x AA with 29 AI and wouldn't dream of trying that here. Just say'n. Not sure it proves anything but there does seem to be a lot of inquiries about systems and settings despite the fact that other tracks are running better. Hell I can run Malaysia maxed with Bandicam recording for crying out loud :p

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I actually lol'd. :p

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Release the kraken! Why is that actually? :D

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Because you have a corvette chassis and put in a lawn mower engine. :p

You'll get full potential of your video card with a third generation or better CPU. No offense but your CPU is a dinosaur. :)

Edit: You'll see a huge increase in performance with a $200-300 CPU upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  18. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Something that might help 970 users. I did a number of things unscientifically, i.e. all at once and I'm getting better performance so take this with a grain of salt.

Two significant changes:

1) Go to your Nvidia control panel, by default the global setting (which is referred to in the rf2 app settings) is adaptive instead of max performance. Select 'power management mode' and choose 'prefer maximum performance'. Not sure if we can call it the kraken (tasty rum) but it seems to give the card a slight boost. Would be interesting to hear results on this one from others.

2) Use factors of six with your FPS settings. This might be snake oil but I was reading about refresh rates and e.g. movies at 24 (well known), some games at 30, others at 60, most content we see is at 60, iracing uses 84 as a max default, all factors of six. e.g. Instead of using 100, try either 96 or 102. You need to use 101.5 in the player json max fps to get it to stay at 102 and not move around. For whatever reason it "seems" to sync better with the display.

IRT Sebring, the track is full of odd anomalies, flickering road textures in front of the hotel, reflective dry pavement everywhere and the inside teal/blue bridge support at the apex of the last turn is a mess of odd AA behavior. I love the track and the effort (went to simroad to do a donation but didn't see any link) but I don't think we can expect it to run like a recent ISI effort unless those issues are resolved.

19. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

20. MonSum

MonSum Member