rFactor 2 Build 946 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Is your PC overclocked?

Have you big lag in online races?

If yes to both the questions, check for the stability of the clock.

2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

None to both. CPU is running at standard Speed (it always was this way) and no lags, just the normal latency. It's the same PC than run perfectly with build 910.

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Check the CPU purple bar by pressing CTRL+C, does it hit 100%? If so, your CPU falls out of realtime.

The statement about relative time/space depending on CPU power is wrong, rF2 is at the very moment used by the best of leagues with the fastest of drivers (VEC, FSR, etc). Such an obvious CPU issue on laptimes would have been spotted long ago by our league drivers, it would have made the software unusable.

5. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Great, will test it als soon as possible

Leonardo1962 (Peter) ;)

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I don't no more what to do. If the processor is not supported anymore, ISI should make a list of supported CPUs and offer a refund for those who bought it and have an unsupported CPU. Until build 910 it was running perfectly.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Perhaps you should contact ISI's support e-mail for further discussions on this and actual support. I hope you get it sorted!

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I don't believe ISI gives refunds after a couple of years. Good luck. :p If you look at Tims' twitter he does get asked occasionally. lol.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Looks like a joke, imagine windows showing you a message after an update saying "your CPU is not supported anymore, buy another computer".

I already had to sell my ATI video card and buy a Nvidia because of the horrible support, then upgrade the RAM, changed to Win7 64bits, and now this.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Not saying your issue won't be resolved but welcome to the world of gaming. I've purchased more than one game on Steam only to find out it won't run on my computer. Does Steam take refunds a couple of hours after purchasing? Nope. Like I said, good luck.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Valve runs a horrible consumer policy with Steam and it is made worse by its protection (the business, not consumer) under US laws.

12. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

It's like a shot in the balls, but I'll have to buy a new processor, with the torture of reinstalling everything, including lot of stuff from work.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you contacted ISI directly yet?

14. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not necessarily issue with CPU itself, it could be so many things. I race with old Intel i5 from 2009 and no issue. Latest news what I heard is that these slowdowns are caused by new Nvidia drivers. And that could make sense, because everyone I see reporting this slowdown problem has Nvidia GPU. GPU drivers offload some of the work to CPU, so those two are related.

There is a setting max pre-rendered frames in Nvidia control panel, try put value 1 there. Second thing, try vsync or limiting frame rate. All I know is, there are people with worse CPU's that don't have this.

15. Comante

Comante Registered

It's not a shot in the balls at all. If you plan in advance to change CPU or even MB, you can put your actual windows installation in "Hardware upgrade mode", don't remember the actual name, but it's matter to run a little program in windows, shut off the pc, make the hardware change, start the PC again. Windows will then reistall all the drivers and you are done.

16. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I have grown rather tired of the amount of times I have heard that just because somebody run a race at RaceDepartment or elsewhere then that must be considered conclusive proof that there is no problems whatsoever with a particular build, and anybody who suggests otherwise must be talking complete garbage. It is very annoying. Maybe if you have all the fastest drivers in your league stonec they have better systems than average or something? Who knows. But the experience of others is very different than yours that is for sure.

We run races with them builds with no problems too! But there WAS problems! I wish your would stop trotting out this 'we have the best sim racers in the best leagues and he have no problems' stuff all the time, as if that is some kind of overwhelming evidence invalidating things others say when we are coming here with pretty hard and cold evidence to suggest all is not well in fact.

Either I am mad, or playing a completely different 'rRactor 2' altogether, or correct after all!

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Nah I would say the pro league racers have worse systems on average than people here, many of these competitive racers are "kids" and can't afford very expensive stuff, only a marginal % has triple screens etc. You can check some of their profiles here, many have very old equipment. Obviously most of them turn stuff like shadows etc off to have max performance. I was critical of rF2 many years, but now we have run one and a half season in succession without any race cancelled, something we didn't manage even with rF1.

18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Good point, thanks for the tip.

BTW, Im using Nvidia driver version 332.

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No wonder you are doing fine when you are racing against hardware like this.

Machine details
    CPU: q6600
    RAM: 4gb
    VGA: Atii4870

Machine details
    CPU: Amd 64 3800+
    RAM: 1GB DDR 400
    VGA: Geforce7800 GT OC

Machine details
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
    RAM: 4Gb DDR2
    VGA: ATI Radeon HD4850 512Mb

Machine details
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.1Ghz
    RAM: 2 GB
    VGA: Ati 4870 Overclocked edition

Machine details
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
    RAM: 4Gb DDR2
    VGA: ATI Radeon HD4850 512Mb

You must bee joking with us, I don`t believe one word you are stating, you are added in my ignore list.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not a question of belief. FSR has many top sim racers driving rF2 with average rigs, mostly notably Bono Huis, who I personally know uses some AMD 5000 series card. The equipment itself makes very little difference on how quick you are, it's another common misconception. 99.9% comes from driver. One way or another, they all got rF2 to work well enough to be highly competitive. Anyway, this is a sample size of about 200 drivers, but of course no software is bulletproof from bugs. I rest my case.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015