rFactor 2 Build 946 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 3, 2015.

1. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I tend to agree that this statement would benefit from some explanation. Where the line is located doesn't explain what it means to the game or player have it off or on? What will the player experience differently with it on vs. off and why would one choose one over the other?

Cheers

2. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Graphics aren't everything, but they can put a smile on your face when you're amazed by its beauty. Awesome work ISI! :)
    But indeed Tosch, bright objects like dashboard displays look slightly tinted. Still, I prefer this darker look, like you can't see anything except everything lit up by your headlights.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

GTX970 SLI + Triple Screen + Multiview + HDR + Full settings (Reflections Low) + 16xAF + 4xMSAA = 120 FPS!

Don't know what did devs do, but comparing to 30-40 fps before, this is like a miracle.

That combination is finally working nice, thank you ISI for fixing it.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Big performance drop with certain cars, like the NSX that were already the worst performing. Well optimized cars like Clio just a small drop n performance (with everything else in sim and graphics driver identical). Drop includes compensating for AFx16 that is now working again.

I will clear all shaders and CBash, but wondering if the hyperthreading might affect something? As others have mentioned above, a plain language explanation would be helpful.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Need some more MP testing but rf2 seems to be working again, and much better then before!

[​IMG]

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

@Marc Collins

Exactly my findings. Tested with the nsx, c6 and Marussia at malaysia, Line Rock and Portugal. A huge performance drop only for the nsx. I lowered the opponents detail, but to no avail. Could some more people test this?

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Solved

It is the Mercedes Safety car from F1RFT2013 that causes a conflict, removed it and solved. Confirmed by GCCRacer.
    Build 946 has no responsability in this.

Thanks and sorry.

Hello I agree it seems a huge step in the right direction.

I uninstalled my EGT AM package (all EGT cars are affected, I choose this car as a sample) with my skinpack, and installed back the original 1.8 version to discard it could be a problem with my skins.

This is how the default AM looks at Sao Paolo.

View attachment 16270

Am I the only one affected?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hm, did you emptied the Folder CBASH and SHADERS, before starting rFactor2 with the new Build?

Malaysia

View attachment 16271

View attachment 16272

SaoPaulo

View attachment 16273

View attachment 16274

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Let the game make a new player-json helped me a lot also. fps wise but overall fluid experience also.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't see what your issue is from that screenshot.

I agree, if they could nail night lighting it would be perfect. Now HDR makes night look much darker than HDR off, no stars etc visible with HDR.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, emptying makes no difference. Do you get the same FPS with the NSX as you did on prior builds? I know exactly the performance of that car because it's my benchmark of worst FPS at any track.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I find it massively easier to just open the data.path file with notepad. Usually quicker than mod manager and using explorer to find the packages folder.

13. 88mphTim

No, it's just an advanced user option. It's in the 32bit dir.

14. boxer

boxer Registered

With HDR off and driving lights on the graphics look terrible when running in a group of cars... the car lights are overpowering, even at 1pm (We shouldn't even notice the car lights at this time I don't think).
    HDR on is perfect... tracks that have nigh lighting can also start to over expose slightly on light colours but not too bad.

15. 88mphTim

HDR on is the way the sim is supposed to look. If you CANNOT run it, you turn off that setting and suffer the poorer graphics. The option is ONLY there for performance for those with old machines. It's like saying that the sim looks worse when you run it at 1024x768 on your 1080p screen, of course it will. If you can run it with HDR on, that's rF2, if you can't, upgrade or accept. HDR off will NEVER look like HDR on.

16. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

no HDR should not does mean, terrible graphics

that HDR on is looking better than HDR off was not the point

17. 88mphTim

Yeah, I did ask for a link to remain. Those of you who want a link somewhere, speak up. ;) So I can say it again... :)

18. 88mphTim

HDR off means our advanced lighting system is off. That's what you get when you turn it off. It's always meant that. It's always going to mean that. We've always said that. Anyone who has debated it, and known what they are talking about has said that.

That's how it is. Turn it on, or enjoy the fact you can run the software.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, a discreet link for Mod Manager somewhere would be appreciated. But hopefully the new scheme does most of what most of us will ever need. I like the new scheme, except that just like Mod Manager, we need way more sorting options for the lists of content.

Tim, any explanation for the NSX performance drop?

20. 88mphTim

At some point, HDR might be on by default and require you to edit your player file to turn it off. It's that kind of a setting. You should have it on unless you can't run rF2 with it (and if that's the case, you shouldn't just be blaming HDR for making it look worse, as every setting will probably be lower, and should probably be lower).