ReShade Post-Processing Effects Injector

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Prodigy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks to Tosch for bringing this to attention, we have a good post-processing injector with nice set of effects available for RF2. It can be used in combination with SweetFX 2.0 or own made shader pack like MasterEffect ReBorn which we will use here. More about ReShade itself:

I will use some Tosch's instructions (hope it's ok) and he has created all-in-one download package containing all needed files to be used with RF2 x32 or x64.

[​IMG]

HOW TO INSTALL:

Just extract folders from .zip archive into the rFactor2 main folder.
    To disable it - rename the injector (d3d9.dll).
    To remove it completely - delete these files from Bin32 / Bin64 folders:
    d3d9.dll, d3d9.log, mcdirt.png, mclut.png, mcnoise.png, ReShade.fx

The files are a bit outdated, but the new version has no "tiltshift". Keep in mind this project is in beta and there are lots of updates. DOF effects don't work ATM because Reshade has no depth buffer access to rF1 and rF2 :(

HOW TO MAKE OWN ADJUSTMENTS:
    If you want to play a bit around with it open the file "Reshade.fx" in Notepad or for easier editing and overview Notepad++ and launch rF2.
    To make changes/disable or enable effects, pause rF2, alt-tab to notepad, edit and save the file, alt-tab back to rF2.
    Reshade will update immediately. No need to restart anything.

USEFUL TIPS:
    Use Toggle ON/OFF with ScrollLock Key - Thanks to FuNk!
    Adjustments Tips - Thanks to Tosch
    EXAMPLE SCREENSHOTS

by Tosch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to use this thread for discussion, troubleshooting, sharing your own settings etc.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I'm having some troubles at main screen of the game, Reshade loads fine, I receive the message that it's compiled successfully and then I get some weird effect on the screen that stays whole time. At first I thought maybe it was because of triple screen, but switching to one screen only didn't removed the problem. Also it's same on x32 version. Only when I disable all effects (sharpen, tiltshift, etc) the problem disappears but also I don't have any effects then :)

I've made an unlisted YT video of the problem:

Any suggestions?
    Here is also d3d9.log from the Bin64, can someone compare it and see if there's some differences?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtgkw4bhl7h2nkn/d3d9.log?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thanks for the link, was looking for something like that. im not clear on installation though; do we put the Bin64 folder into the core folder, or the files? i wouldve guessed we install by dragging them both into the rf2 main directory.

5. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Just copy whole Bin64 from rar to where you have your Bin64 in your rfactor2 installation folder and overwrite it.

Also question for Tosch; Is there option or parameter in Reshade.fx file, that can reduce strength of whole injection tool effect?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  6. RGerke

RGerke Registered

Doesent work for me... WIn 8.1 64bit

31/03/2015 14:54:19:135 [05036] | INFO | Loading effect from "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\d3d9.fx" ...
    31/03/2015 14:54:19:142 [05036] | ERROR | Failed to compile effect on context 0000004D1109C580:

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\d3d9.fx(149, 5): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'SMAAEdgeDetectionVS'

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I have the same issue, 64 bits here.

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Try using the on/off toggle (hope you added this to your config ;)) and only toggle the ReShade on when in game.
    For me the ReShade really slows down the UI so it's much better to only enable it when in game (of course fullscreen spinner would be a second nice place to enable the plugin too) :)

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Strange, to me this happen for a fraction of a second only when i click exit in rfactor menu.

10. Dream

Dream Registered

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same issue here in 64 and 32bits :(

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Finally figured it out! ;)

You have to use ingame anti aliasing. It looks like this when you set AA in the gfx driver (transparency - multisample doesn't work).
    btw Sparse grid super sampling forced by Nvidia Inspector works like a charm.

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you provide a screen of your nVidia driver/nVidia Inspector parameters to solve the issue and get good quality in game?

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here are my settings. Should be good for excellent screen shots. Just leftclick on the Image for full size.

[​IMG]

15. whinos_AK

whinos_AK Registered

im play in 4k resolution, the graphic with Tosch files are amazing better, but i have some LAG frames, the FPS to 60 down to 30
    have some tips to resolve this fps/lag in 4k?

config
    nvidia gtx 970
    ram 16gb 2666
    proc. i5 4690k
    SSD 240gb
    TV 4k

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015