10 reasons why rFactor 2 ISNT a great racing sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

My only complaint is that there is no interesting roadcars=supercars in the sim. I think those kind of cars would be fun to drive/drift.
    I have been driving P1 and Laferrari in ac now for some time and it have been very fun. I like historic cars in rF2 because of their driftability, but it would be nice to have even one supercar like Pagani Zonda or Aston Martin Vantage. Well, any powerful roadcar would do it for me.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Vette?

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

That's true. Didn't remember that. Thanks :)

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Really??
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23369-Pagani-Zonda

Although as you might see in the topic; the lack of interest is not very motivating.

But; it's still on and slowly but very surely getting there. No ETA, but it won't take months if there are no strange things happening.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I for one would love to experience the feeling of a exotic supercar in rF2. :)

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Could have fooled me ;) As far as I know; no one is interested :)

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I hope you make it! Weird that there is not more people expressing their enthusiasm for your project.. But I'am waiting for sure. I still think that people really would like to drive that kind of cars. I mean cars that behaves nicely even when going over the limits of grip.
    Tried to find word for that kind of driving because drifting didn't sound right and ended up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFutO8GzWXk
    So nutty driving, like Niels says (1.00->), is what i like to do. I hope i'm not alone with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Don't get me wrong, I am mainly interested in race cars. But with the depth of the physics in this sim I would to try all kinds of cars. I am looking very much forward to your creation! :)

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I can promise you (if I do say so myself) that the physics came out even better than I thought would be possible! :)
    Fine-tuning right now, but I had some nice testing in them; over the edge, very controllable but you have to pay attention as it is not unforgivable.

It has (of course) al the new stuff like the engine in rF2 format and a flex chassis.
    Again, if I do say so myself; its getting top notch! I must have done something right ;) (If only I could remember what) ;)

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Sounds nice. Yes, middle-engined car probably is not the most forgivable kind, but it has it's own benefits. Just wondering here, if the most people here are just racists? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Missed out on that one Navigator. You're very busy don't you.......but knowing you are into this (Pagani) you've got my attention.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well this is mod dependent, which isn't necessarily to say some ISI mods also aren't set properly, but the mods are a factor in it. Same goes for the sounds themselves, because nearly every mod has external engine sounds that are nearly as loud as the internal ones. Of course this is a practical issue, because you don't want to have to turn your sound up when you view external shots and down again when you drive or ride on board, but if you wanted realistic the internal sound really should be drowning out pretty much all other cars all the time.

But in addition to these, I doubt any modern game calculates (live, at least) the effect of the environment (buildings, undulations, trees) on sound attenuation. A car 100m away can seem almost silent as it passes behind buildings, but you can then hear the same car 500m away when it's either in direct line of sight or you have some structure reflecting its sound to you. Without trying to handle that sort of environmental interaction you'll always be balancing between cars in an open space seeming too quiet and cars that are 'buried' behind all sorts of obstacles being too loud.

But I suspect the first point is more the issue... the various sounds are (or are just played) too close to each other in volume, if you wanted it realistic. Question is do you want to hear your engine at full RPM at realistic levels so that you can also hear a car 2km away as you would in real life? Probably not...

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hehe, a bit to busy :)
    Got my GP 2015 mod, Zonda, Indycar (rework of ISI, no topic yet) and several physics I do for others (one of them coming out soon).
    Its a miracle I still have time to go to work every day ;)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're a modding hero of this community man, you really are. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

This Nav ;)

GP 2015 mod....Check :eek:

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I have to admit; that's nice to read, thanks guys.

I do my best :) (as long as I don't have to model or paint, it works out a bit......so no die hard modder here ;) )