10 reasons why rFactor 2 ISNT a great racing sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

+1

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

i never saw ppl online who write most of stuff here..ok few of them..do you race or collecting threads?

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

This sounds as a shader issue?
    Did you try to rebuild the shaders? (Empty the Shaders folder, located in UserData/Log, so that rF2 will rebuild them)

4. bwana

bwana Registered

+1 and my cards a 5700

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

With DevMode you can have a physics file opened in notepad, make a change, hit save and then hit the race button and you have the updated physics instantly. Then hit ESC, make another change in notepad, hit save then hit race again and test again. You couldn't do that in rF1 without restarting the whole game. The packaging system is for distribution, not development. Simulate to how modders would mas up all their files and then build and installer or simple zip file in rF1. The fact is, most people have a phobia of using DevMode. They would rather complain about packaging.

6. boxer

boxer Registered

So what do the other sims have that make a better community?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Give me another 12 months, I will get back to you all :p

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

;)

Bad - Good ....... means worse or better to me.

I called AC physics bad compared to rF2 don't mean I think they are terrible.

I don't mind things bad that are not that important, like weather you not going to lose sleep over it ? , stuff me AC don't even have any and it gets 100/100 ffs ........its perfect lol

lol

The thing I worry about is when important things are BAD ie: worse ........and AC has a list of the most important stuff is not the best.

No its not worship just the truth.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

AC forum is that way -------->

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lmao

;)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

To be fair it again depends on the type of racer.

1) I drive Historics, FFB is sublime
    2) I drive online , offline to check online mods race ability/ settings and a quick Ai races when I bored and waiting for drivers in server.
    3) I AGREE
    4) Not sure what you mean by "edit elements"
    5) See # 2
    6) I can agree with that
    7) What new gen. sim does ? , unless you like Brazilian supercars (GSCe) which I don't.
    8) Vastly is a little strong , imho , ambient sounds, presence, directional, windshear is awesome, cars engines yes I agree ( and AC has better gravel sounds)
    9) Tracks is another subjective one. ( What gets me in is the tracks feel most connected with your preferred car ( why I like the beta blocky Kyalmai in F3's)
    10)True but pCARS and AC dont feel or handle like rF2 either do they ;) .... .........can't all have everything. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Like it or not, Stock Car Extreme (2014), DTM 2014, ADAC Masters, WTCC 1992, WTCC 2013, Fórmula Truck 2013.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Fair enough ........but I was thinking more along the lines of ISI, Kunos, SMS , and I already mentioned Reiza/SCE. ;)

They would be the 4 newer gen ones ?

Raceroom is barely new gen is it 2010 ? , changed that much has it ?

Isn't the other titles ( WTCC ADAC ) tacked onto same engine ?

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

RaceRoom is occasionally evolving in the core and the graphics have undergone extensive work on top of the ISI engine. Maybe that's why the framerate isn't as good, so much additional layers on top of the base. On its own it looks great as the cars blend great into the environment but comparing to the other two top-looking titles it looks less impressive.

Those series are tacked onto the same engine, yes, but still are available series. I drove a demo of DTM 2014 and was quite surprised in a positive manner but am keeping away from anything Sector3 until eventual large sales.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Tried DevMode sometime ago, the effort to put a mod in it was important for minor updates, and then DevMode and execution had little in common.
    May be it has been improved, and I should try again.
    Thanks.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Effectively, the day RF2 won't have any user left, ISI won't have any bug report to work on, an IT support dream.
    No need for an IT team neither.
    Cheers.

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I would say the past year it's improved a lot. Today they look identical assuming you have the same GFX settings (copy your profile to be sure) and time of day. Resent builds also use the standard UI which was also a big improvement. Sure it takes some effort to get a mod in devmode. But typically a modder would start from devmode from the very beginning. If your talking about adding teams then you don't need devmode. But if you're talking about physics changes then devmode is the only way IMO.

A tool to take an rfcmp and extract it into devmode would be very helpful for beginners. But anyone who has done any real modding with rF1 will have no problem getting a mod into devmode in rF2. You simply need to know how the SCN or GEN files work. I suspect that most people complaining about the packaging system aren't really modders and are simply repeating what they think they are supposed to say.

I think I will start working on a tool to extract an rfcmp into devmode.

18. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

That is a good idea. :)

If you need help with tracks, I can help you there. Unfortunately I dont know much about cars... ;)

Cheers

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for the info. I made it work for BT20, changing paths, it took me a week the first time, a small project.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I decided to extend the functionality of my Extract tool to also allow you to install an rfcmp into DevMode. I have about 10mins left to finish up the first version. This first version will only support veh components. If the veh component has integrated sounds it will also install those into DevMode. I will then move on to supporting sound components and track components. Then I will add support for multicmps. It shouldn't take long to have full support for all these types.

Keep an eye on this thread which is where I will release it:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18947-MAS-file-extractor-rfcmp-Installer