How are you finding replayability with RF2...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 20, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

QFT - Although I don't follow modern motorsports very closely I can understand how fun this can be because for the first time I watched nearly the entire Goodwood replay this year and had an almost obscene amount of fun blasting around that track in the HistorX mod (rF1 of course).

Sounds fun. I've done this before but leaving it running and coming back to it just like you would IRL appeals to me :D

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That's about it. this 'game' is for purists in a niche market and not just rf2 either. we like simulators because we like to race in simulators. all we need is a simulator doing things pretty good now and better tomorrow.
    Even 'gamer's coming to simulators will either become simmers or move on. I don't think there's much in-between. no matter how skilled or fast we are.

Having said that, even though I never race offline apart from testing or Nords, and I would prolly not use it myself, I still don't understand rf2 has no offline championship mode. it is the one thing that in my mind would make the replayability even more strong and apparent then it is now.
    I'm guessing it would do an immense PR job if this was implemented and if ISI is looking at this from their 'let the community take care of this' angle I think its a real missed opourtunity. (or maybe not realistic given their recourses, then too bad but fair enough)

4. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

A knife to stab you in the knee when you crash could easily be rigged up too ;-) Joking aside, rFactor 1/2 and GPL are the only games that give me a fast cornering buzz......like scuffing and bumping through the first turn at Aintree towards that wall...it's the feeling through the tyres that one slightly different bump / scuff and it's all over. Finishing a 1 hour race really feels like an achievement so those late wall brushing moments towards the end do simulate a bit of fear.

Great simulator and brilliant offline against top AI. Make your own career mode up on excel.

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Second time career mode in excel mentioned. Anyone willing to share example just as a template because I thinking would be fun to create one. Also, you are talking about money and rewards for certain finishes and no damage, etc?

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

While I pop in here quite often to see what's going on, I haven't done much more than the occasional lap here and there for the past few months.
    It has nothing to do with career, seasons, mods tracks etc...
    It mostly has to do with the fact that I almost always try to run against human opponents in simracing and at this point, without a league it's difficult to do.
    The ironic thing is... 930 runs really well on my computer.
    I think the boys at ISI did a good job on this one.
    When things in one sim become less than ideal for me, I temporarily move to another.
    That's where I am right now....but that's also why I own them all.
    No favorites.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I say he is just bored or he can't beat the AI.

For me every single lap I do in a F3 is different, never ever the same.

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, the same here. I enjoy the crazy melee of the first few laps, especially with the FR3.5. The AI is stunning, the stuff they try and sometimes fail to pull of. I had a brilliant side by side run with and AI through half of the Sepang track. Probably from T3 through to the second to last corner. Proper wheel to wheel action, swapping sides, I'd get a run on him, he'd get a run on me. Most of my driving was either looking out the side of the car or in the mirrors XD.
    I wish I'd grabbed a video of it. And he didn't back off either hahahaha.

That kind of AI is what makes it so bloody fun to just drive vs them, and certainly gives replayability.

Edit: This old one, stuff like this is brilliant XD