Would you buy DLC cars/tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Would you buy DLC cars/tracks?

1. Yes, i would if cheaper than 5£/7$ wouldnt if more expensive

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes, i would any price

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. No, wouldnt at all at any price

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Would you buy DLC cars and tracks if it meant ISI could secure more licenses for these? I suppose as long as it dosnt get like iracing and the price is right.. i think i would.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would if they did. But I think they've made it pretty clear that they won't take the DLC route.

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I would too.

4. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i personally think to secure RF2s future this should be considered.

a)gives the fans more of what they would like to see
    b)helps fund RF2 forward/new licenses
    c)everyones happy :)

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Just remember that ISI's future most likely isn't insecure. They have made comments about this before, how they for example have a lot of freedom to do what they feel like doing because they're not buried in debt, like many other software companies. My impression is that they are pretty much where they want to be.

Also remember that this commercial product is far from the only source of income for them. :)

Having said that, I often feel like throwing more money their way. I wouldn't mind that one bit. :)

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

And break up the MP community even more? No.

If I want to consistently be shelling out money I'll go back to another title.

For those of you who have so much money to give away you're asking who wants it, I'm sure your local children's hospital takes donations.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Who said it had to be ISI providing the DLC?

What if it was Reiza?

What if it was some other well-regarded group?

Don't be so closed-minded. ISI can keep the basic package one-price (or two, if you count online MP costs extra), but ISI will NEVER supply series or the volume of content that other competitors have (it's their stated policy and there are reasons), so if you vote no, you are likely voting to confine rF2 to obscurity for the future.

8. Rik

Rik Registered

only from ISI

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very good point man. :)

10. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Here is everything that has been said about DLC.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...d-party-tracks?p=286325&viewfull=1#post286325
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-rFPro-for-rF2?p=339678&viewfull=1#post339678
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-rFPro-for-rF2?p=339693&viewfull=1#post339693

The problem isn't the lack of paid DLC. The problem is that there has been a massive anti-ISI, anti-rFactor disinformation campaign going on around the net for the past half decade, that has scared newbies of the genre away from this title.
    What we should do is fight this disinformation with cold hard facts about the advantages that rF2 has and the fact that ISI's products are still the number one choice for professional race teams, not just for driver training, but also for race car development, because of their physical accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Similar has been created and the discussion that followed covered anything this topic will follow. That one ended up closed. You spent time away from here so I recommend you peruse the forums a bit more before regularly starting topics especially when it will bring back up misguided individual perception comments as fact ;).

ISI has their business model and rFactor 2 is priced to reflect it. A much higher initial price point that will not incur DLC fees. I assume the studio has quite a few licenses in place and won't have the cost of licensing new material as the backlog pipeline is quite extensive and features some nice things, though in the same token it may also mean not to expect pursuit of anything new if it's above what's deemed viable to acquire - so no Le Mans or Suzuka license, for example, or a new automobile.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay G i understand what your saying...

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's very simple: rF2 is mostly like rF1 in terms of content. Yes, there are a few additional licensed cars or tracks, but by and large we are paying for a platform, with great examples of each type of track and class of car.

For example, there aren't 5 or 6 BTCC cars, there is one. There isn't 7 historic mid-60's F1 cars, there is one. The bones are there for OTHERS to create a complete series or multi-class racing or whatever they want. Tracks are there to be copied and learned from.

Until ISI announces a 180 degree reversal of their approach to content since Day 1 of rF1, we will need to assume OTHERS will be supplying much of the content. Payware or not payware is a debate, but assume most will be payware unless there are hordes of super-talented artists and technicians out there unemployed and who want to donate their time to the rF2 community. There are a few awesome modders in our midst and the small proportion of them who will not go on to professional careers cannot by definition provide a large QUANTITY of content.

Therefore, unless someone is willing to pay for content beyond the sample/examples ISI gives us, you will likely be waiting a long time for anything other than rips of content from other games. Why/how would we expect anyone to provide it for free?

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

More misinformation. ISI has already stated that content in rF2 will be nothing like rF1. For instance they've stated there will be more content and also more licensed content. Good time for a moderator to close this thread before more people come with their misinformation to confuse new members. Such a shame this goes on here constantly.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Don't accuse people of misinformation, sir. How about we look at the actual evidence of what has been produced to date, YEARS after rF2 launch. There isn't much need for speculation. Zero licenced content has been delivered or even announced that goes beyond the sample/example description from my post above. If you think it is misinformation, then provide your own, better, counter information rather than wasting everyone's time and attention with false accusations.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

We know there is already licensed material waiting their turns to be created and see the light of day. There also might be some desirable licenses we have no idea they have, but do. Some new interesting licenses can be pursued, especially if they're of low or no cost... I don't know who wouldn't do that. I like to keep myself short and direct, I hope to not come across as rude.

17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This is indeed misinformation for both facts you know, and things you don't know. I don't have to provide my own but pretty sure you shouldn't insist to much.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And the collaboration with Reiza leaves the door wide open for possible future content. Or least I'd like to think so. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.