[REL] Lola T70 Spyder

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by CrossPly, Mar 13, 2015.

1. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

i have done a suit and helmet and packaged it and worked fine but i wasn't really happy with the results...when i look at the templates i cant tell what is what... just hard to wrap my head around but i guess i will learn...i have just been using photoshop (CS5) for a month...i will have to search online and find some tutorials...there is a 3d section in the photoshop menu but i haven't figured how to make it work...thanks for your answer

2. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Looking good billyblaze.

That reminds me, the new version when it's finally released will come with a set of templates so hopefully the skinners out there can have some more fun with it.

Anyway, yet more cockpit previews. This time the Mk2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Looking incredibly high quality!

4. yoss

yoss Registered

great crossply

5. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Whenever I see pictures of your work in progress, it serves to remind me of just how untalented a clod I am. It's a good thing there are people like you willing to share your artistry.

I've been looking forward to the new version. Any hope before the New Year?

6. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

I cheat a little as I usually only show things when I consider them finished, so rarely WIP. But thanks, that's very nice of you to say.

There's certainly a chance...

7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Splendid CrossPly!

8. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

9. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

So much better than the original Howston font. i dont know but it just didn't suit the car IMO

10. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Works of art! Hopefully the reflections in glass problems inherent in so many rF2 cars (or the core, maybe?) won't ruin the otherwise incredibly authentic look here.

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Agree. Looks incredible, but the glass needs some work. At a flat angle it should create 100% reflection. It's hard to get it right, especially for a car without a roof. Here are two pics and the reflection looks completely different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bright stuff behind the window creates less reflectivity/makes the reflection less obvious. I would go for very high fresnel reflection settings and control the amount of reflectivity with the alpha (transparency) channel. The problem with the most cars is that the banner is also mapped on the windshield texture. The banner is a sticker and has nothing to do with glass, so it should have it's own material.

The Nissan has two windshield materials. The wild card (wcwindshield) material is for the banner, the windshield mat is for the glass. The key is the value for fresnel min. It creates the minimum reflection when you look perpendicular on the surface (should be 8% for glass). Ref Fres Exp describes the way (curve) from min to max.

[​IMG]

14. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

A fair point, another hang over from the early days.

New material settings assigned to windscreen and headlight covers:

View attachment 18900

View attachment 18901

Looks quite good in motion, thanks again for the tips Tosch.

You also make a good point about the banner material, I also had a bit of a problem where the wildcard textures for the banners would have to have been full size windscreens (in and out) which are quite large on this car. Separating it into its own material also means they can now be more reasonably sized.

View attachment 18902

15. yoss

yoss Registered

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Grand! <and I'm getting antsy to drive 'em now; it's hard to drive the old version when you know the fantastic new version awaits>

In looking at the pics, there's one thing missing that took me awhile to realize what it was: rollbar shadows. Are they too fps-intensive or difficult to add?

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Yep, that's it! :D

It's amazing to see how a simple cube map adds volume and shape to the (excellent) model.

@Emery: A reflective surface has much less reaction to a shadow caster, because most of the light comes from the reflection, which comes from a different angle than the sun light. A shadow on a mirror is invisible.

18. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

I forgot to mention that the cube map was actually already there but those materials where missing the live mapper and REFMAP0. Back when I originally set up those materials I didn't know what those things were :eek:

Shadows from the rollcage are visible at the right time of day, but as you say its when the light from the reflections is at its lowest:

View attachment 18903

What you may also be missing Emery is the reflection of the rollcage on the body, as the reflection map is provided by the track I'm not sure that would be possible to add.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OMG that looks so much better. We are really fortunate to finally have such talented graphics experts modding for rF2!

20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Amazing. this is looking so beautiful[emoji33]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk