[REL] Lola T70 Spyder

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by CrossPly, Mar 13, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Been poking around in RCD and VEH files because fastest lap times are very close and found that RCD is in _car.mas under installed\vehicles. Is that the correct place/file or should it be in installed/talent which is where I am used to seeing talent .mas files? Aside from fastest lap times being very close, I am also asking because order of fastest lap times do not appear to be relative to RCD speed. Of course I think the slowest speed was in the 70s so may explain why spread in fastest lap times is not dramatic but does not explain why order does not appear to be aligned with "speed =" value. I haven't done formal testing yet, though, as I just wanted to point it out in case someone knows what needs to be changed but I can do some formal testing across multiple tracks and document lap times yada yada if helpful.

Also, A.J. Foyt is assigned to car #83 for Mk2 in VEH but is not in RCD. There may be other gaps as I only checked for mk2 and only for drivers in my race. I was in car #1 (Mario Andretti is assigned to this car) and selected 12 AI since there are 13 mk2 cars. From a quick glance through all mk2 VEH files there does not appear to be any duplicate drivers so that is good...

2. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Fixed. Thanks.

The RCD mas file location is the same as the Brabham and AC427. As for if its working? Honestly I'm not sure. It will probably also depend on the session, traffic and crashes etc.. so one test probably won't be representative.

Your right though that the spread of the Speed and QualifySpeed values was not that wide, I've gone through the list and been a bit more harsh, hopefully will increase the gaps a bit.

Foyt missing from the rcd was a genuine oversight, now fixed. Thanks.

Running both classes together you should be able to run with 20 AI drivers, no repeats.

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Great stuff. Thanks :)

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not sure if already known but can see right wheel and suspension in bonnet view. Also when look right in bonnet view can see "through" also...

5. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

6. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

That looks great! Those should be the very last T70 CanAm cars, right?

7. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Thanks!

Yeah, pretty much. When finished the Mk3/Mk3b and their drivers and skins will be primarily based on the '67/'68 CanAm and USRRC.

The T70 Spyder was in pretty steep decline as a competitive race car after '67 so there aren't as many notable cars to include after that.

8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Looking forward to the additions! I think some one asked previously, but was there any plans on adding other makes and models?

9. Highbank

Highbank Registered

This is one fantastic work! Thank you for putting all your hard work, time and love into this for a grateful community!

10. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

I'm got some plans for other cars when the Lola is finished, but I'm not intending to specifically make a CanAm mod.

Some of the cars on my to-do list were competitors to the Lola in their day but as it's a long (and frequently changing) list I wouldn't want to discourage anyone else from starting something that I may not get to.

11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Just took the Lola out for a spin again, remembering why it's such good fun :) Great work CrossPly

12. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

The wings look great! Cant wait till they are added. Awesome work

13. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Thanks Guys!

I spent most of August and September travelling so zero progress over that time. Managing to get a few things done now though:

Physics wise ISI's Howston Mk3 and Mk3b Spyders come with a selection of 3 engines. Similar to the approach taken with the various wing combinations I've split the engine into a separate upgrade which can be selected in the spinner so that the two models are able to have any of the 3 engines fitted.

To make it clear to drivers which of the engines their opponents (human or AI) are using I've added some variations to the engine geometry to reflect the different engine types. Obviously they are still low poly so don't stand up to too close a scrutiny but I think they get the job done...

View attachment 18189

View attachment 18190

View attachment 18191

While I was at it I also took the opportunity to update the engine, gearbox and exhaust textures and .gmt's, some of which were almost unchanged from the originals and fairly low res.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

That is so cool :cool:

15. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Those intakes look amazing!

Are there any plans to make the Mk3/Mk3B?

16. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Of the Spyder? Yep, see above [emoji3]

Assuming you mean the coupe versions, sorry, not any time soon.

Maybe one day.

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Lovely!

19. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Another one of those little things, blurred rims:

View attachment 18279

View attachment 18278

Quite happy to be able to work out a method that I think looks decent but also uses a wildcard material name (WCRIM) so that the rim for each car is paintable with a single custom skin texture and the blur effect should still work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Was wondering did anybody else notice that the suspension is poking through the front fenders? Also I don't remember seeing a response to the issue with the bonnet view showing the suspension on the sides, especially when looking right or left.