[REL] rF2 Server Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Noel Hibbard, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Can you explain all the features added including the blank text box at the bottom?

2. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Hi Noel.
    Would it be possible to add a couple of features relating to AI?
    I'm thinking amount of AI on the server and AI strength. Also could batch files be loaded automatically using this tool?
    Although I don't play online, I do usually start a dedicated server and play my races on that, just because of the extra options it offers via batch files for adding Mass and setting the grid.

Sorry if it sounds daft. I don't know if anyone else plays offline in the the same way me, but if they do, your server manager could prove very useful for us too.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Maybe it's a Welcome Text thing.

4. That is configurable when the server starts. Same "window" as where you put in which aids is allowed etc
    The stuff which has been added is to avoid having to edit the json files etc

5. pitkin

pitkin Registered

I possibly didn't word what I was asking correctly.
    I was inquiring if it was possible to add the feature to do it all from the server manager because I sometimes forget to do it myself. Given that we can save the configuration for as many different combos as we like, we could store individual AI strength, mass.ini and other settings on a per track basis without having to remember to go through the configuration process. It could then be launched from a shortcut with the "1 click" option enabled without having to reconfigure for each time.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

A request... can we have places to define start times for practice, qualifying, warm-up and race please?

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Any idea why the application crashes every time I select a Core rF2 path?
    Tried filling up the other info before the core path, just in case, but result is the same.
    Crash every time a valid core path is selected.

View attachment 19974

This is Windows 8.1. I suspect this might have to do with .Net version, but I keep my computer quite up to date.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Is this on a steam install possibly? If so, open your data.path file and swap out the relative path for an absolute path.

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

It's not a steam install. I'll make sure data.path is absolute. Just in case, I have the game installed in D:\games\rFactor2 and the user data and packages in E:\games\rFactor2. Could that be a problem?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That shouldn't matter. You point the tool to the core and it reads the data.path file to find the datapath. Normally when it crashes it has a more meaning full error. I'm not really sure where to begin with this issue.

11. TPG

TPG Registered

I've recently started getting this error: A new guard page for the stack cannot be created ,,when I try to launch the program..It's been working fine until now, any clue to why this may be happening?

12. Olivier Shelby

Olivier Shelby Registered

HEllo,

I run a venue in France with 10 simulators and since today we have this message.
    We can not connect anymore to the servers :-(
    Find attached the screen shot…

Can you help me please ?

Thank you
    Olivier.

View attachment 20507

View attachment 20508

13. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

THAAANK YOUUUU MISTER, CAN I DONATE SOMETHING? TO YOU?

14. Juan Manuel Ferreira

Juan Manuel Ferreira Registered

Hello,

I still have some problems with the hosting..

My problema is that when I create a server it doesn't appear in the multiplayer list server..

I actually open a lot of ports in my router, but nothing, the same in de firewall..

Can you help me?

15. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

No more updates for this ?

16. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Anyone use this tool with the latest version of rF2 ?

17. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Yes I still use it with current version of RF2.

Felipe Granado and Anto870 like this.
  18. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

19. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

For some reason one of our servers doesn't want to behave properly, and Server Manager doesn't work with it. This was working fine for years. I'll try to explain our set up to see if someone can shed some light:

Our servers:
    c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server1
    c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server2
    c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server3
    c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server4

Each server contains an copy of Server Manager. Server 2 to 4 launch fine, but server1 decided to throw .net errors on launch, and when selecting each option from the dropdowns. Also the rfmod could not be found.
    I tried to launch the server manually from Bin64 and said "no mod files or installed mods found". I checked mod manager and all the mods and rfmods are installed correctly. Tried to uninstall and install again but made no difference. The Core path file shows ".\" as do the other 3 servers. I wonder if the userdata files are messed up, but there's so much stuff in there that I don't know what's what.
    I managed to launch the dedi server by copying "rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" into the main folder (out of Bin64) as explained here (https://forum.studio-397.com/index....r-no-mod-files-or-installed-mods-found.65563/), but even if it works it's a clear indication that something is broken.

Any idea of how to fix it? If I delete the userdata folder, or the player one, will it autoregenerate?

20. No need to have more than one server manager installed.
    Just have it in c:\rfactor2-dedicated\
    The core files just needs to be edited to have the dir
    So in c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server1\core\path.xx
    have: c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server1\
    in c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server2\core\path.xx
    have: c:\rfactor2-dedicated\server2

(not an official tool, but i´ve used it before it on my own servers before it was even released).

AlexNordic likes this.