[REL] rF2 Server Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Noel Hibbard, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I keep seeing confusion about how to host multiple servers so I decided to make a little tool that makes this simple. All you do is point it to your rF2 Core and from there it locates your DataPath and all your player profiles. From there you can copy, rename and delete profiles. When you select a profile you can change some basic info like the server name and password but I also added a bunch of options that normally require manual editing of the JSON files. Once you have the profiles and settings how you would like them, you can then click the Launch button and it will start up the server using the specified profile. There is also a Shortcut button which will create a desktop shortcut for the specified profile. As a bonus, if the tool is running as Admin, it will also add a windows firewall rule that opens up access to the dedi server. This seems to be a step that a lot of new admins miss.

You can download the tool here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd6po1blfqu20hy/rF2DediManager.exe?dl=0

It's a single EXE. Just stick it anywhere you want and then run it.

If anyone finds a bug or thinks of some more settings that should be added to the UI, let me know.

Change Log:
    1.0.0.0: First release
    1.0.0.1: Added option to change Max Players.
    1.0.0.2: Added Trace Log check box which instructs the server to output a trace log which helps ISI devs track down bugs.
    1.0.0.3: Added more options. Don't recall exactly which ones. Jimmi puts in new requests every few weeks and I've lost track. ;)
    1.0.0.4: Added Unsportsmanlike Sensitivity.

DA and AlexNordic like this.
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It just dawned on me that I didn't account for x86 users. I am only launching the server that is in the Bin64 folder. This is probably fine for 99% of us. But I will add an option to switch, architectures or maybe just auto detect the architecture.

3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Great tool. Makes it so much easier to manage multiple DS. Many thanks, Noel. :cool:

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much.
    Excellent tool for many people. :D

5. canastos

canastos Registered

Great tool, as usual :D

byyyyyyye

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks Noel! Tried it and works nicely :)

7. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Great tool, thx so much !!!!

8. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Nice tool, Noel. I don't use it since I know how to add proper shortcuts for the different rF2 instances on our server and don't change these usually. That being said, if the tool offered not only an option to set Practice but also Qualifying and Warmup start times, this would be really helpful for our league. (Maybe add some calculations in the backgound aswell, so that Pratice start time plus Practice durations presets Qualifying start time, plus Qualifying duration presets Warmup start time. :cool:)

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I can add that.

10. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Hi Noel. Just tried to run the Server Manager on our rootserver (with Windows Server 2008), but strangely can't get it working. (rF2DediManager has stopped working -> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3)
    Do i need a specific DLL or library installed?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Just DotNet 4.5

12. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks Noel. Installed DotNet 4.5 and it works now. Great. :cool:

Maybe you can add it as an additional note in first posting. ;)

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes please... along with adding

Tyre/fuel usage, laps or time, and other bits from the dedi server setup! :)

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well my intentions were to not totally duplicate the standard UI. I was simply adding settings that normally require manual editing of the JSON files. Tire/Fuel is already in the default UI.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

can't join my second server with incremented ports ;( Windows firewall is open all ports for the rfactor 2 dedi exe on the server already.

16. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Hello Noel! Have you seen my message?

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hey Noel, before the place I race gets to official sessions, I was wondering if you ever came across any issues with LiveRacing not picking up official sessions? It's difficult for me to get to test it properly so I was just wondering if, for any reason, there could be an issue. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  18. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Hi Noel. Thanks for the very useful tools you've developed.
    I wonder if it's possible to add a couple of small features?
    I use the dedicated server for offline racing as I find some of the setting more useful than available in game.
    Could AI strength be added on a per track level form your program? When creating a shortcut for a server the AI strength is taken from the player .JSON. To do this currently, we have to load a dedicated server session, set the AI strength to what we want, come out of it, load your program which then copies and renames the .JSON into an individual folder. Simply going into the newly created .JSON and changing the AI strength doesn't seem to work as it just reverts back to hat it was before.

Also would it be possible to auto load batch files upon track loading? For example a Mass.ini file containing weights for the AI drivers?

If not, that's cool. The program is very useful and much appreciated as it is.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Updated to 1.0.0.4. Check first post.

20. Just what i needed - thank you :p