SOLVED Build 930 - unable to install third-party mods

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by gkmotorsport, Mar 8, 2015.

1. gkmotorsport

gkmotorsport Registered

Hi all - first post!

I have had a search around, but cannot seem to find an answer. Since updating to Build 930, I have been unable to install third-party mods. They do not show up in the package list, and when I open up the Mod Manager nothing shows at all - not even the already-installed content. Has anyone else run into this? Have I missed something obvious?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Check your filter options in the mod-manager.

There are 2 tik boxes:

"mods" Virtual mods are downloaded when you join a server. Those are little files that contain everything the server needs.
    After a online race you'll need to unistall and delete them manually.

"Components" = Content. This will show you your 3rd party "mods" components.

3. idiotboy

idiotboy Registered

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
    (I have both boxes ticked as per Gijs post).

The only 3rd party stuff that shows up at all is .rfcmp format.

I've tried various combinations of different mods/files in my packages folder but nothing seems to work. I've also re-installed twice!! Help appreciated.

BTW I'm interested in getting mods to work off-line only at this point. Specifically interested in mods: F1 67 Classic Reloaded, F1 1878 and 1937 LGP right now but happy to get any 3rd party mod to work for the moment!

Many Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  4. gkmotorsport

gkmotorsport Registered

Thanks Gijs! I hadn't ticked Components. I did so, and everything is now there, including the missing mods. Thanks!

idiotboy: AFAIK, only mods in .rfcmp format will show in the Mod Manager. I think this is actually by design.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I think you are mixing up rF1 content with rF2.;)

In the packages folder: there should only be .rfcmp files and .rfmod files!
    All other stuff shouldn't be in there. Don't copy/past anything into the intalled folder!

.rfcmp files are components = content (tracks/cars)
    .rfmod files are mods = Virtual server mods some could contain Modifications = update packages.

Mods are only needed online. If you are an offline player, you probably don't have any. Only components. :)

My recomendation: Keep your mods unistalled and delete them if not needed. Install them when you need them to practice offline. Installing/unistalling of mods can also be done ingame in "series".

6. idiotboy

idiotboy Registered

Hi Gijs,

Thanks for your help. I think I understand all you are saying.

Can you advise me please how to install the GP 79 Unrestricted which is listed as an rf2 mod http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php?categoryid=18

It appears I was able to install via mod manager but does not show up as a mod - only as individual cars and (although they are all listed) I can only get one car type at a time to appear at any track.
    Basically I appear not to have installed the mod just the cars.

Many thanks:confused:

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hi Idiot,

You're alright mate. You've done it all fine! This is an early release so it's not very tidy just yet.

In the race settings page, choose 1979_Un as your opponent. That will give you the full grid.
    As I said, it is an early release but the guy in charge is boss so expect big things in the future.
    Be sure to try ASRs 92 season as well ;)