SOLVED How to adjust these parameter for set up triple monitor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fullsus, Mar 7, 2015.

1. fullsus

fullsus Registered

[​IMG]

23" triple monitor 530 mm. width include border bezel correction 5910x1080
    distance from screen to eye 640 mm. get angle side monitor 45
    ===========================================

[​IMG]

23" triple monitor 530 mm. width include border bezel correction 5910x1080
    distance from screen to eye 710 mm. get angle side monitor 40.9
    ===========================================

These pic. write and measure by CAD. Then setting the real life monitor to that parameter.
    Then cal Ver. Fov 710 mm. Fov=23. set Fov in rF2.

I read from post that rF2 use angle of side monitor 45 degree that make
    to distance 640mm. of first picture but It's too close to my eye. I feel not comfort with this.
    the distance feel better is 710 mm. shown in picture2.

List of Parameter that need to adjust
    1) main screen width
    2) angle of side monitor
    3) Side screen width
    4) distance between screen to eye

How to adjust these parameter? May be from some config file?
    Thank you for your help.

=============================
    =============================

Thank you ISI team for great update
    With new build I can adjust all parameter in config.ini.
    This build made for all Multi-monitor users.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. coops

coops Banned

don't think you can yet, its still being worked on.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Aside from that...

No, that's not true. With multiview if your horizontal FOV is 20° then the side monitors will be correct at 20°, because that will mean all 3 monitors will be pointing at you when you're at the right spot (where the centre monitor, and indeed all 3 monitors, occupy 20° of your horizontal FOV).

For some reason someone at some point said it's 45° and that keeps being parroted.

But as coops said... the adjustments you're looking for aren't available yet. You can get close by having all 3 monitors the same distance from you and pointing directly towards you, and adjusting the FOV so it's correct.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

I believe 45 degrees number comes from angle that the in-game cockpit cameras on the side monitors are pointed, and that is hardcoded for now unfortunately (alternatively disable multiview and you get 0 degrees, but that's worse for most monitor setups).

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think that makes any sense stonec. Every multiview screenshot I've seen, from 'normal' fov to low fov, shows a continuous view. This is only possible if the side cameras adjust with the horizontal fov.

6. coops

coops Banned

I might try this have not had a look to see what it looks like. Would you recommend or keep monitors on angle?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure I understand the last part of your question.

There are two multi-screen modes: multiview on, and multiview off.

Multiview off draws all screens as part of a single view (hence, multiview=off). A lot of people I've known with triple screens use this, and angle the side screens until it 'looks right' to them. But technically what you see will only actually be correct when the screens are in a straight line. If the centre screen is flat against a wall, the side screens should also be flat against the same wall. So they effectively form one, flat, larger screen. If you set your FOV correctly with this setup they will all draw correct perspective from your viewing position, except for the obvious bezel issues.

Multiview on uses a separate virtual camera for each screen, so that while the centre camera is pointing forward the side cameras are actually pointing to the side somewhat; in this case the screens should all be pointing directly towards you. To get things correct you should have the correct FOV (which is set vertically), and that will 'push' the side cameras to an offset equal to the horizontal FOV. This will produce correct perspective on those side screens as long as they are directly beside the centre one, and facing you.

This means if you have a high FOV (large screens, or close to them) the side screens will be more angled, while if you have a lower FOV (smaller screens, or farther from them) they will be less angled. Either way they should be facing you directly, just the same as you sit directly in front of the centre screen (otherwise the perspective will start to look wrong).

8. coops

coops Banned

TYVM Lazza will move side screens to be str8 like center screen. 100% better view :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  9. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

To get the angle correct on the side screens of my triple set up I parked my car's nose into a straight and level section of Armco (perpendicular to it), and then I adjusted the side screen's angle until the Armco line at eye level was straight across all three screens. First I used the FOV calculator to get the proper FOV, which in my case is 27 degrees.