1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 v1.6 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

An example where I think the slip angle was taken too far: rF1's Historix mod. If you've got both, do a compare & contrast.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think the historic tires are still work in progress. I'd like to see most of the current properties found in the BT20's tires mixed with the "pointyness" of the Skip Barber's tires.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Eagle was a whole different beast with the largest engine and probably a higher CoG. Very different beast, the Brabham basically only beat the Cooper in power (and the BRM was a dog).

5. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Careful, the Eagle was in no way a beast until it started using the Weslake V12 late in the '66 season. Before that it used a relatively underpowered 2.7l Climax and in the video Gurney confirms that as the car in the photo.

Anyway, I think the point was the part where he says something to the effect of "everyone drove that way" which kind of indicates it wasn't a style that was particular to specific car or driver.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well the BT20 was carried over to '67, I didn't watch the video so I didn't see it was '66 material. Oops.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Enjoyed that video Emery :)

8. Dux

Dux Registered

Anyone has any setup perhaps? :D

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

How easy would it be to mod this vehicle so that AI shifting was slower or if that is not best way then whatever adjustments can be made to compensate for AI not using clutch?

11. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

is there a way to make these cars more competitive with the Eve / Spark F1s as AI cars?

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

No, those are semi-fictional cars developed for 1968 for some reason

13. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

Yes, I know but there must be a way?

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Eve and Spark are moddable, so one could put the BT-20 tires on them and adjust their engine torque curves to suit.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

And the Matra

16. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

I want to install the new Brabham BT20, but the instructions state to uninstall the old car first. I can't uninstall the old Brabham car because it is in use by 1 mod. I have unticked Components and ticked mods, refreshed mod manager, and restarted rFactor yet I can find no Mods in Mod Manager. What should I do?

Thanks

17. Justy

Justy Registered

I think you need to uninstall the 1960s world class racing mod (if installed) and also uninstall the Eve and Spark cars. You can reinstall the Eve and Spark after you have uninstalled the old BT20 and installed the updated one. For me, I did not have the 1960s world class racing mod installed, so I only needed to uninstall and reinstall the Eve and Spark (no need to redownload them), as they showed up as damaged mods for some reason, until I did that. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable than me can confirm this though.

18. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

The Eve and the Spark are also using 1 Mod and can't be uninstalled. I can find no evidence of any Mods, so I can't uninstall it. I just installed the new Brabham anyway and it seems to work.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hide everything that isn't .veh, .rfcmp, and mod and look again.

20. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

I think you should look for a Multi CMP instead of an installed vehicle, you'll probably find something Brabham related there. Uninstall it and your Brabham vehicle should be automaticly uninstalled then as well.