Bandwith upload problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Migiagi, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

Hello guys.

I have a very strange problem. I conect my android phone with my router via wifi. I monitor the current upload and download speeds live with "HWiNFO64" using this guide http://www.ronwoods.us/2014/03/how-to-monitor-pc-temperatures-in-real.html and everything is ok. The phone is not downloading or uploading anything. As soon as i open rfactor2 the upload speed goes up to 0.5 mbs. That is almost half of my upload speed. When i close rfactor2 everything goes back to normal.

I checked also the other way around. I have rfactor2 open and i conect my phone with wifi. Again the same thing. When the phone is conected with wifi to the router the upload goes sky high, but ONLY WHEN RFACTOR2 IS OPEN.

I test that with 3 different phones and in 2 of them is doing that. Only in one old LG Optimum the upload do not increase.

I asked my teamate to do the same test and he had the same results.

I have 3 different builds installed in my pc. 798-910-930. I tested all 3 of them. Only in 798 build the upload was ok in all 3 phones.

Can someone explain what is the problem here? Why with the older 798 build everything is fine.

Please make some test and reply your results.

P.S. Please don't start to ask me what apps i have on my phone and if they eat the bandwith. Double-triple checked everything. When rfactor2 is closed everything is ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you say "rFactor2 is open", are you referring to the Launcher or rFactor2.exe? I will check on my install to see if I see any unusual traffic.

Edit: Okay I am not seeing this constant flow of traffic on my install (930). I checked with tcpview and also Wireshark.

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Before RF2:

[​IMG]

Launcher open:

[​IMG]

RF2 (on track) offline:

[​IMG]

RF2 (on matchmaker list):

[​IMG]

While this tests were being done there was 2 computers and 2 Xperia using internet here....i dont see anything strange apart that ping while on matchmaker but that could be that my son was downloading some minecraft shi#%# :cool:

4. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

I mean with rfactor2 .exe Did you conect your android with wifi to check? I have test with another teamate and he had 5 different devices to test. He conect every device to the router via wifi and 2 of them produced the proble. One tablet and one laptop.

Rfacto2 by itself without any device conected with wifi is ok.

Have rfactor2.exe running, monitor the upload rate and start conecting android devices via wifi to reproduce the problem.

5. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

From 9 devices total that me and my teammates tested, 4 of them produced the problem.

6. Valter Cardoso

While ive made that tests there were 2 Xperias, 1 Alcatel and 1 Bq tablet connected on wifi.
    I dont know if i understand whats your problem.
    You´re testing upload speeds on mobile via wifi? And the speeds change in mobiles when you run rf2?

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think that is what he is saying. But I really don't see how rf2 could reduce bandwidth when it is idle and not transmitting or receiving anything. Maybe there is a plugin loaded that is using bandwidth.

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

screenshots would help and that link is for temp monitoring not bandwidth or did I skip over that?

what phone,which version of android.....more details ;)

9. Valter Cardoso

Honestly i didnt even open that link until now.
    Im confused as well. He talks about upload speeds on mobile phones while on wifi which is something far from something precise and he posts a link to temperature check?
    Enlight me please ;)

10. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

First time you didn't even open the link.

Second time you din't (probably) even read what i posted.

With HWiNFO64 you can (USING THAT GUIDE) also add a lot of other things to monitor like upload and download speeds.

11. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

I will try to find another way to make you guys understand what i mean.

Thank you for you attention.