Build 930 CPU bar maxed out

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sido Weijer, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you get a change to get the driver version, can you also supply the other details I supplied. Like Max Prerendered Frames (found in the nvidia control panel), Max Framerate (fond in player.json), Sync and mode settings (found in rF2 Config). I think those are the most important details.

When you are racing and see cars warping, is it one car in particular or all of them. If it is all of them then I'm thinking it may be you with the problem. But if it was you I think it would be very obvious because from what I've read, it goes into slow mo. My guess is you are only seeing specific cars warping. What would be cool is if you could contact the drivers who you are seeing warping and get their specs because I suspect they are suffering from this CPU bug.

I am going to write a little tool to gather up all these specs.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No slow mo here, not sure if I saw all the cars warping but there wasn't too many of us. It was our league's test race so it's easy to narrow down suspects

http://simresults.net/150330-2Sv

League website http://virtualsportscarracing.com/index.php

We had this problem for the first time.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Same for us, 910 runs fine, 930 had lots of warping. I think more people are impacted by this than just the ones posting here.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

My CPU driver is 327.02
    no idea where to look up for "Max Prerendered Frames" because my control panel is in finnish :p
    max framerate is "0"
    sync none and mode is fullscreen (refresh rate 100Hz because I have 144Hz screen and on many tracks fps go near or over 100.)

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

So you are also on an older driver and you aren't experiencing this problem. Perhaps this is part of the puzzle. It would be interesting to see some details from some others who are actually experiencing this problem.

Here is a screen shot of my control panel. Maybe this will help. Don't mind all the other settings, this is my office computer which doesn't spend much time in rF other then testing plugins:
    [​IMG]

Also, if you have a game specific profile you will want to set it there too as game profiles overwrite global settings.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I had it on "use 3D program's setting"

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Just did a quick test and don't seem to have any issues. Old driver here too.

CPU: i7-2600k
    GPU: GTX580
    Sync: None
    Mode: Fullscreen
    Max Framerate: 120
    Max Pre Rendered Frames: 1
    Driver Version: 344.48

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have huge issues with some tracks, new ISI tracks are fine.

View attachment 16251

CPU: i7 4790K
    RAM: 16GB, 2666 Mhz RAM
    GPU GTX 780Ti
    Mode: Fullscreen
    Max Framerate: 60 fps
    Max Pre Rendered Frames: 1
    Driver Version: 347.88

9. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I am in 340.52 and no problems at all.

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

If you don't have this problem post more specs anyways.:rolleyes:

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Not a lot of specs reported so far, the only consistent variable I see so far is people with older drivers seem to not have the problem. I am tempted to update my machine to the latest drivers just to see if I start having problems. I was just looking at the release dates on the Nvidia drivers and I notice that 347.52 was released just a few days before 930. Not sure if there is a connection there. But then again, people that have experienced this bug in 930 have been able to roll back to 910 and the problems go away. Hmm

12. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Perhaps there is something in this Noel but I suspect not myself. I am on 344.75 as somebody told me anything after 344 will only benefit dx11 games and perhaps hinder dx9 ones and I only play rf2. I am not sure if that is actually true, in my case I lost a very small amount of FPS.

For me, even if you take the spiking out of the equation the CPU load is 30% higher than 910 at all times. It is not actually necessary for it to spike out to 100% to stutter - the histogram activity is when the problems actually happen - that is far more likely when it is spiking out of course but can also happen when CPU at 60%. Forcing my gfx card down to x8 PCI lanes from x16 reduces the frequency of the problem a lot, but nothing more than that. I would stress also max pre rendered frames 1 does absolutely nothing for me, i was trying that stuff 6 weeks ago...

I have been using that CPU chart until now, I assumed it was showing me 4 cores with almost everything on core 1. Now I hear that is not the case so I am not really sure what I have been looking at all this time with the ctr-c. I was looking for 1 core to to spike out then try and get help from another core. I would be interested to know what them other CPU 3 bars are in ctrl-c if they are not cores... they must be cores and what I got told is wrong?

* Also, I am not 100% sure about this, but I think online in multiplayer for each drivers that joins a server the CPU loads increases disproportionately from what it did in 910, but this may not be the gospel as I did not study the CPU as religiously in 910. I never had no CPU issues at all in 910, none at all it was rock solid, and with big grids too. Even one race with 40-50 drivers, no problems at all! This CPU walked it on 910.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
  13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What bars are you talking about? I only see a green bad (GFX thread) and purple (Physics thread).

14. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This was already answered, directly to you:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-bar-maxed-out?p=341875&viewfull=1#post341875

You're waaaaay overreading things. There are two bars: one graphics, one physics. That's it. No multi-core display.

16. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

My CPU is i5 4670, so actually i dont expect to suffer issues about the CPU overload, but reading here seems to me that also people with decent CPU have some problems.

From my infos, ie that the issue is not new (but build 930 exacerbated it), the fact that build 930 actually adds some physics calculations due to the CPM (but for sure not at the point to put in its knees decent CPUs, nor in theory "minimum required" CPUs) and T. post saying that it is a nVidia localized problem (just to be clear, the issue manifests itself with the purple bar of the physics load going to 100%), the display driver actually might be part of the problem, so i found ok to explore this possibility witnessing that with 340.52 my machine is 100% problem free.

In other words, if other people with the current nVidia driver wishes to test the behaviour with 344 or 340 drivers, it might be helpful narrowing this weird bug.

17. kro388th

kro388th Registered

so is this still happening with 946?

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

seems to be solved

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No... do you read build notes?

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

yes of course I read the build notes but still wondered if it was squashed ? for everyone ? they didn't mention the bug just that MT was off by default now and not allowed for dual cores . ..

Glad its fixed !

Lazza your a smart guy can you tell me what parts of rf2 might be effected w/o MT ?

A few of my team mates had the issue and parked rf2 for a while, they have not raced in any events since the last build came out , I never had the issue but wanted to pass some good news to them if I could ! as I know they have not even updated yet . I want to give them a nudge !

I just wanted to be sure before I pass the news along ..

I've set mine back to 3 to turn multithreading back on as the notes say ..

I cant see any deference ...? nothing glairing anyway !

Thx !