Build 930 CPU bar maxed out

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sido Weijer, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, for me not. I get massive horizontal flickering with this setting. Reproduceable.

2. Yago Franganillo

Yago Franganillo Registered

I have the same problem, the game is really slow offline, and online since build 930, and I can´t play. I try with 32bits, with the line "+promask=3 ", and vsync... but it still bad..
    Before this build i played races online with 30 cars on grid. And it goes perfectly.. Now, with 4 cars, the game slows and I can't play.

My PC:
    -Intel Core i3-2120 3.30GHz
    -4GB Ram
    -Nvidia Geforce GTX 650

Sorry for my english, is not my native language.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  3. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

This issue has affected me pretty badly. The sim is unplayable I have had to exit every league I am in, including the one I run myself.

I have some understanding of the fix you are in. These threading problems, sometimes you can have the best programmers in the world pore over them for 1000 hours and get nowhere. It is a tough spot, and I am grateful for devs for keeping us in the picture.

I made a post on the B930 release thread a few days ago, it was not so rosy. Sympathetic though I am that these problems happen and sometimes cannot be easily fixed, I am entirely unsympathetic to ISI's propensity to leave the sim out there in the wild for lengthy periods of time in an entirely disfunctional state.

You have the solution there all the time, build 910. You should roll back to that if you cannot make things work. We have leagues to run. Leagues rolling back to 910 in isolation is not acceptable, there is not enough players on 930 than we would all like, 910 is a ghost town unless ISI universally roll it back for everybody.

I take no pleasure in doing so but I will now post again on the B930 thread and I expect it will be even less rosy than last time. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Now-Available?p=347348&viewfull=1#post347348

I hope you can solve this threading problem and start spend your time on new developments rather than bug fixing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I didn't know about this thread, until now. Seems strange. I have i7 3770 nonK and a 650 TI Boost 2 gig. I don't have any of these problems. Multiplayer is a no go for me as I have satellite internet. Sorry to hear some are having this problem.

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I really thought I wasn't affected by this issue somehow (as posted earlier) despite still running rF2 on a 5-year-old AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE (more details on my system in my profile). I had no issues at all in 4-5 league races. However yesterday, I was definately affected in a qualifying session with just under 20 cars in the session on an Imola track (that can be found on ISR's forums). It happened twice braking for T1 and twice braking for the penultimate corner. It took me to the gravel trap because of out-of-sync physics calculations but the issue was gone when I rejoined the track in each instance. It was definately the CPU bar maxed out bug, as I had the CPU Bar indicator enabled after the first incident (and it was the purple bar maxed out, not only the green one).
    Fortunately I was able to do the race without any more issues. I had lowered/diabled some settings that I thought might be CPU-intense for the race that I usually have enabled (shadows, shadow blurring fast > off and some others that I don't remember tbh). I also used the +procmask=3 command despite not seeing any decrease in CPU load in previous tests.

Here's hoping for a fix - or a rollback to the old code until the source of the issue coukd be found.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm just really happy and thankful that I race in a league (RF2VEC) which admin(s) were reacting quickly, rolling back to 910.

But yeah... It's not good to be going a month+ with a broken build! Feels very silly but I guess the guys at ISI are having their reasons.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Thought that I have descent system, 10fps, cpu spikes, rF2 has no 4 core support (quad core) and it is much to ask but maybe it is right time now.

i7 479K
    16GB, 2666 Mhz RAM
    GTX 780Ti

View attachment 16213

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

How can I help? I have the problem, and it is very clear with some cars and tracks, it is almost OK with others. I use DevMOD too, let me know what can I do to help, because this situation is a ****. I have all this weekend free to test.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

There is very VERY important thing about the CPU issue and freezing. When you have a freeze for two seconds, and then you unfreeze, your car appear at the place you got frozen. So you lose two seconds of your lap time.

Is this occur at every level, who knows how much time are you losing with just the stuttering. If this is the case, the simulation in rfactor 2 is f***** up completely. And this will become a CPU's race.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As has been said in this thread already, this is a bug. It's not a CPU race, it's a bug that affects some CPUs or setups. You're making it more dramatic than it needs to be.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not sure if this has been reported already, but I find with my old quad core (Q8200 2.33GHz, running at 2.8GHz) sitting in the pits, by myself (no AI) the game appears to run at normal speed, but if I switch on accelerated time it actually slows down. Around 20-30%.

With +procmask=3, accelerated time runs at close to double speed as usual. Of course it runs much faster if I put the car under AI control.

So for some reason running accelerated time is actually triggering the slowdown for me, if that helps at all.

12. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I just tried the same thing on the machine Joe references above. My results weren't too far off yours - accelerated time would actually cycle randomly between going double speed and going slightly slower than normal speed. And if I turned off accelerated time while it was 'slow', it would continue struggling at 100% purple bar. But if I turned it off when it was going double speed, it would return to the normal ~50% purple bar.

And indeed, just like your results, turning off the multithreaded physics would 'fix' this problem, and it would always run double speed in accelerated time. But then I tried another trick - setting Maximum Pre-rendered Frames to 1 in the nVidia Control Panel. That also 'fixed' it. (Yes, I made sure the multithreaded physics were re-enabled before testing this, and tried several times switching the settings back and forth to make sure I wasn't just getting lucky.)

Interesting results, but the bottom line is that it's still not clear what precise conditions cause the nVidia driver to freak out and block other tasks.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I must have missed the NVidia link... interesting. Also interesting that some of the more vocal critics regarding this issue (and the fact it hasn't been fixed yet) can't find the time to fill their system specs in. Says a lot doesn't it?

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Very typical...

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So is this the reason for servers warping problem in b930? Or something else that only individual drivers experience depending on their specs? (sorry didn't have time to read the whole thread through.

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Haven't raced in a while so don't know if I have the problem but looking through these posts it seems that the problem is restricted to 'some' nvidia users. Has anyone compared driver versions or tried installing different GFX drivers? I guess everyone is on different versions but worth checking?

"Interesting results, but the bottom line is that it's still not clear what precise conditions cause the nVidia driver to freak out and block other tasks."

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes, it will cause warping. When one of the clients encounters this but the client stops sending data to the server so the server doesn't know it's real position so it relies on prediction and then when the client recovers and starts sending data again the server updates the position to the real one and everyone else will see a big warp. This is why VEC went back to 910. I know this bug doesn't effect everyone me but when your racing online it only takes one person to encounter this bug to impact everyone around him.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That's a great idea to try to post some details. I don't have this problem but I will post my specs anyways:

CPU: i5-2500K
    GPU: GTX770
    Sync: None
    Mode: Fullscreen
    Max Framerate: 60
    Max Pre Rendered Frames: 1
    Driver Version: 344.60

The fact that I am on an older version may be the key. The use of Max Framerate may also have a lot to do with it because it naturally reduces CPU load.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

How do I know if I have this problem? I haven't encountered anything unusual in offline mode and all is fine in online except other cars warping (only at some cases but if that is player dependent then that explains why). I have my specs in my profile. Win 8.1, can't check driver version atm.

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Try this, PCI-E 3.0 x16@x8, PCI-E 2.0x16@x16, PCI-E 2.0 x16@x8 or PCI-E 2.0 x8@x8

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015