Build 930 CPU bar maxed out

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sido Weijer, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi,

i have had the same problems with my moderate system. I3 3,3Ghz, 8GB and gForce 640 with 4GB.

Not a different if on- or offline i´ve got rund 20FPS and it wasn´t driveable since version 930.
    I tried some things you and my community told me but what really seams to take effect was to reinstall the nVidia driver completely.
    Yesterday, Monaco 1966 with high details an opponents i became arround driveable 27-60 (max. fps).

Don´t know what has caused this problem but it seems that that is the soulution for me.

Maybe someone can try it if doensn´t had till now.

Good luck...

2. gluca

gluca Registered

same slow motion effect on my PC [i5 (old one) nvidia GTX750ti 16Gb win7 64 pro]

3. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi, me again.

Sorry for bad last post, but now i´m sure to know what´s the matter on my system.

I´ve got a heavy impact from about 20% up to 80% CPU by changing from ki-driving to manual by button "k".
    That´s for me the problem and someone told me the reason could be, that ki doesn´t recognize the tyremodell...!?

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, seems the known and reported bug, wich occurs with B930 and outdated CPU`s...

5. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi Juergen,

am i right that we know us from the red "Bude"? :)

The question for me is: is it a bug or is it the future???

Not really believable for me is, that the desktop-pc didn´t run with an AMD x3 455, 3,2Ghz, 8GB, but the Satellite with Intel I5m, 2,6Ghz, 2 core, 4GB and nVidia 740m runs with similar settings very well; on high textures!?!?

Greetings, Dobbie

But im not interested to update yet. Summer needs money for other things. :(

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a bug. As you can see in this thread, ISI are looking into it.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

1. Yes ;)

2. as Lazza pointed out, they`re working on it

3. this drives me a little bit crazy :) in your above posting you`re talking about an I3, afterwards about x3 and I5...However, i guess, to run rF2 with all settings high, a very actual system would be needed. Similar to other Sim`s like RRRE, pCars or AC. With low/medium settings, rF2 should be playable with your hardware.

8. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Fine, i hope that this would be fixed and i could drive without upgrade the hardware...

The Satellite is an laptop! Lower maximum resolution for sure, but over this high textures and frames between 50 and 70. Controller here no wheel, only pad, but that should no matter for the cpu usage...?!

I wait and hope for the next build...

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Please please please release a new build soon :) This problem is extremely annoying when racing online !

10. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

+1

11. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

I've been looking into this a lot, and it does not seem to be related to the relative CPU 'power'. I have exactly one test machine which exhibits the maxed out CPU usage, a Phenom II 940 w/ 4GB DDR2. But I also test on a Phenom II 945 w/ 4GB DDR3, an older i3 w/ 4GB DDR3, and an old Core2 Quad Extreme w/ 4GB DDR2, none of which exhibit this problem. So don't give up on your machines just yet, they're still fine for rF2.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Which is why we're kindly asking for a new build, fixing the problem newly imposed on dinosaur-machines :)

13. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

:confused: I was trying to say that I have several so-called dinosaur machines which do not exhibit the problem at all, thus making it difficult to determine exactly what the problem is. And, we don't want to release a new build until we've actually solved the problem - which we're still trying to determine, since it does not show up predictably.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Blah blah blah... just fix it! :rolleyes:

</sarcasm>

15. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Well Joe, I have a Q6600 w/4GB of DDR2, all settings low or minimum, and the 930 build crippled it. 910 and before it was driveable with up to 20 cars or so, but now, I can't even run by myself without stutters and slo-mo.

If you want to send me, or recommend a test build to try, I'll be glad to do it.

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

FWIW I have an i7 + GTX 760 and I'm getting this also? Am I the only one with a non-dinosaur PC getting this?

17. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Mope, mine is relatively new and mine suffers from the same problem.

18. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

But is there some changeset or commit that you could revert to the 910 version to regain 910s good behavior? (a la git bisect, hehe!)
    Someone mentioned +procmask=3, etc., does it really workaround it?
    The problem is, there are some leagues that are using 910 still but there are other leagues that are just starting to test rFactor 2 and all its members are novices in this new version of the sim, so asking them to revert to build 910 is a bit problematic since all is new to them... it requires a lot of explanation and many times a Team Viewer use.
    If there is something that could be reverted and release a quick new version with only that change, that would be great for us, and then after you figure out what causes the problem only in some processors and find the true fix, then you could add it to the next release again.
    It is very nice to see that rFactor 2 is evolving and being improved constantly (very appreciated!), but at the same time a bit more of stability and quick releases to fix (or revert) particular problems seem very important at this stage.
    I am not saying this is easy, it may be impossible even, I don't know, just saying...
    Of course this is my personal view, opinion, suggestions and questions, and I don't know anything about your internal processes, etc..
    Keep it up! Have a great day! Happy hacking!

19. brato

brato Registered

Ivan +100 for many leagues it is very important

20. Makatak

Makatak Registered

I have been driving on Australia yesterday and this slow motion caused by this bug caused big collision :/ I noticed that this happen way more often when I was driving with another players. On SP or alone on server this happened relatively rare.